BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
American Idol - Page 8 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALAmerican Idol - Page 8 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

American Idol

Go down 
+3
Lorraine
Colton
Erika
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

American Idol - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:29 am

Ok, I got this from Vote for the Worst....interesting and if true, I hate Kara that much more!

Kara DioGuardi Refuses to Work With Kris Allen

One of the AI backup singers explained why Simon criticized Kara for slamming Kris's performance last night. In a Twitter feed:

"In short, the backstory to what Simon said to Kara. I was told that all the judges were given the opp to work w/ each kid…
…they were told the time slot for each kid’s rhrsl. They could come & advise the contestant on how 2 get the most of their song.
But on rhrsl day, only one judge actually showed up and did that… guess which one."

Yep, only Simon actually showed up. Paula was drunk, so she has an excuse. And Randy's opinion means nothing. But Kara not showing up shows how irrelevant she actually is.

If this is true...freaking love Simon for calling her out. Why didnt they at least give Danny, Randy as his weeks mentor instead of the drunken pill popping bimbo?? I think its sad when only one of the judges showed up to support the final 3. Shocking that Simon got the chosen one.

eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:39 am

I don't know if I would be so quick to believe that. I don't ever recall them showing the judges working with idol's on the songs they choose for them, and they didn't show or mention Simon working with Adam. I'm not buying it. I can't imagine her refusing to work with Kris, just doesn't make sense.

I think when Simon said that to Kara it was just merely to make Simon look like he's so wonderful and the smartest of judges and everyone else is taking that comment and running with it.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:46 am

well I think that was the wording they used..."refuses". I dont think she refused to work with him but I can believe that they were given the opportunity to work with him and given the rehearsal times. I also believe that this self important bitch probably didnt show. Either way, too bad that all 3 werent given the same treatment.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:10 pm

I don't think it happened at all. I believe like all the past seasons - they were asked to give them a song and they did and that's all. I don't believe for 1 second that Simon went out of his way to go to Adam's rehersal... even as much as he likes him do I think he would go out of his way to do this.

it's all BS BS
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:27 pm

yeah you are probably right....I mean its not like the judges were openly campaigning for Adam or anything so why would Simon go out of his way? annoyed:
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:44 pm

saying whatever you consider to be pimping on AI is one thing... taking time out of his precious day is another to go help Adam? lol it's laughable as if Simon doesn't realize Adam doesn't need his help... he helped him by giving him a good song and that's where it ended.

You actually believe Simon went to Adam's rehersal and helped him work out an arrangement? American Idol - Page 8 143808 sorry but that's just absurd. filing nails
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:55 pm

whats so absurd about it??? scratch
maybe he did, maybe he didnt but its not any more absurd then this whole season of imparity.

Quote :
as if Simon doesn't realize Adam doesn't need his help

apparently he doesnt as he pretty much begged the viewers to vote for Adam.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Lorraine wrote:
whats so absurd about it??? scratch
maybe he did, maybe he didnt but its not any more absurd then this whole season of imparity.

Quote :
as if Simon doesn't realize Adam doesn't need his help

apparently he doesnt as he pretty much begged the viewers to vote for Adam.

It's absurd to think Simon went to Adam's rehersal much less help him work on an arrangement. Simon is sarcastic, and when he made that comment to Kara that's how I took it... sarcasm. To read more into it is absurd to me.

I don't consider a mere reminder "begging"
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:55 pm

lol @ mere reminder....mmmkay.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:31 am

David Cook, David Archuleta threatened with arrest, quarantine in Philippines over swine flu

American Idol 7’s winner and runner-up were threatened with arrest and quarantine in the Philippines after skipping a swine flu check in the airport.

They are there for a concert, and the AP reports that the two “rushed through the airport Wednesday without completing health checks that are mandatory for everyone entering the country,” so Philippine “[o]fficials caught up with them in their hotel rooms Thursday and reminded them that they can be arrested if they do not cooperate.”

Quarantine bureau director Edgardo Sabitsana told the AP, “We had to mention the authority of the quarantine bureau … that we can do something if they refuse,” but he said the Davids were “very receptive, they were very cooperative.”

David and David have been instructed to “report their temperatures at least twice a day before their open-air concert Saturday” and “[keep] a distance of six feet from other people,” the AP says, because the country wants to make sure it stays free of swine flu.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Just an interesting little tidbit. Its not verified...just a rumor! This is from the NY Daily News.

"American Idol" finalist Adam Lambert wasn't coy about his love life when he and other "AI" contestants got together the other night at Burbank's Outback Steakhouse. Lambert called the dude with him "my boyfriend," says a spy. Also looking cozy at the dinner: Anoop Desai and Megan Joy Corkrey, who sources say are an item.

What an odd pairing if its true!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:48 pm

I wouldn't put it past Megan to be "an item" with Anoop just for publicity

FAMEWHORES! eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:56 pm

The Lil Rounds fan club, which consists of me, has endorsed KRIS ALLEN!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Adam and Kris face off as rumors spread about Adam’s duet with David Bowie, other guest stars

American Idol 8 starts to wrap up tonight with a one-hour performance episode, followed tomorrow night by an epic two-hour waste of time leading up to the announcement of the winner. It’s the battle of the polished fingernails, as Adam Lambert and Kris Allen perform and beg for viewer votes one final time.

Yesterday, Ryan Seacrest revealed part of what will fill up the time: performances by “Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, Cindi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas, Keith Urban, David Cook, [and] Carrie Underwood.” MJ’s Big Blog notes that rumors suggest David Bowie will show up to duet with Adam Lambert, while Rolling Stone rounds up details and other rumors, including Urban’s duet with Kris Allen and Lauper’s duet with Allison Iraheta.
As to the actual, like, contest, who will win probably depends upon how well Adam and Kris do tonight, and I think it’s anyone’s game at this point. If Kris knocks it out of the park, as he did with his second performance last week, he could easily take the title from the presumed favorite. There are other factors, too, like whether or not Danny’s fans care enough to vote for someone else, or whether Adam’s will fans presume he’s won and not vote. Some previous contestants are bitter about Adam’s dominance, as they wrote on Twitter, because they have nothing better to do with their time now that they’ve been eliminated.

Like the Survivor finale, American Idol 8 comes down to a battle between two close friends and roommates. That wouldn’t have been the story if Danny Gokey had made it to the finals. As USA TODAY’s behind-the-scenes with the final three story revealed, Adam and Danny don’t have as tight of a bond. “Danny and me? Well, we’re really different. On everything. So we often agree to disagree,” Adam said.

That was highlighted when Danny said he was in the competition “to give love back. I’m not here for the attention.” Adam said, “I am! Look, I didn’t really come here to win as much as I came to get exposure and build my career. It’s about what the show gives us.” Danny disagreed: “I think it’s about leaving a mark in people’s hearts.” But hearts can’t dial a telephone, so he’s out.

Danny sounds like a sore loser... shocking! sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Colton wrote:
The Lil Rounds fan club, which consists of me, has endorsed KRIS ALLEN!

I hope Kris wins too but I believe for different reasons. Adam is a star, he'll be fine but I think this will help Kris and I think Kris is a good singer - I don't believe he is as polished of a performer as Adam.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:07 pm

yeah, he has to work on sticking his chalky white pasty tongue out and screeching at the top of his lungs....then and ONLY then can he be up to Adams level. tongue
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm

eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:20 pm

I know, its gross isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:23 pm

no comment
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Congrats to both Adam and Kris ... I thought they both did a good job tonight.

Was the last song written by Kara? lol Well I think it was more suited for Kris and I liked Kris version better even if he couldn't hit the last note...whatever

Paula looked like she was going to rip her clothes off for Adam... someone sedate her
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Per DIALIDOL.COM it's damn close but Kris looks like the winner! cheerleader

American Idol - Page 8 1412
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Simon Cowell says Adam is a “worldwide star” and Kris is “incredible” after lackluster finale
At the end of “the acoustic rocker versus the glam rocker,” as Ryan Seacrest characterized the competition between Kris Allen and Adam Lambert, one thing was clear: they can both sing, but neither owned the night, or arguably even a single song, the way they have owned previous songs. They both forced their way through the melody-less first single (more on that in a moment), while Kris did better with his first song and Adam did better with his second. And both received nearly universal praise from the judges.
Simon Cowell’s comments after their final song definitely favored Adam Lambert, who’s still the favorite to win. He said, “Over the entire season, you have been one of the best, most original contestants we’ve ever had on the show, and the whole idea about doing a show like this is that you hope that you can find a worldwide star. I genuinely believe with all my heart that we have found that with you. Congratulations.” A few minutes later, Simon told Kris, “Watching you tonight on this stage was incredible,” and pointed out that he’s grown from an auditioner with “no confidence” into someone who “thoroughly, thoughly deserved to be standing on this stage tonight.”
So, we have a worldwide star and someone who can stand on the stage instead of just performing in a subway station. Who will it be, America? And what will the culture war people do with whoever wins?
Tonight is the results show, which Ryan warned is “packed with such great stuff that we’re scheduled to go a little bit long.” He might be lying about the “great stuff” part, but my digital cable guide says the show is scheduled to end at 10:07. How much do you want to bet it won’t finish at that time but will go even longer? (Make sure to return tonight for the live blog—or bookmark it now—and this time, it’s with reader participation. Insane!)
As for the coronation song, “No Boundaries,” it wasn’t as bad as some of them—“This is My Now,” I’m looking at your pathetic ass—but the fact that two strong singers couldn’t do anything with it was a good indication that it, too, sucked. Like most of those before it, “No Boundaries” lacked a catchy melody, or pretty much any melody.
When I broke the news that Kara DioGuardi was writing the song, she admitted that its message should be “powerful” but “it’s a hard song to write, because it is inspirational and you find yourself when you’re writing it, it can be cliché.” You’d think that with two co-writers, Cathy Dennis and Mitch Allen, they could have avoided that, but no; Simon even criticized it, mocking its reference to “the mountains and the hurricanes” while Kara said, “I know, I know.” Simon even told Adam, “I’m not going to judge that song, I’m going to judge you.”
In other important news, the night was notable for its fashion, starting with Adam’s hideous final song pants. While Simon Cowell proved he’s capable of wearing more than an undershirt, as he wore a collared shirt and a coat, Paula Abdul may need to lay off Donald Trump’s tanner, because she was almost as orange as he was; and Randy Jackson’s combination of a polka dotted tie, a purple checkered shirt, and a plaidish/tweedish coat means he’s apparently blind.

Did anybody like Kara's song? teehee2
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:45 pm

you can put me down for a "no" American Idol - Page 8 143808
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Simon Cowell's ex attacked at 'Idol'

American Idol - Page 8 0520seymour

Extra's Terri Seymour--the ex-girlfriend of Simon Cowell--was assaulted outside the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles after last night's American Idol finale performance, the LAPD confirms to EW. According to police, a 33-year-old woman named Janice Thibodeaux approached the British beauty and asked if she was Simon Cowell's ex. When Seymour said yes, Thibodeaux allegedly began choking her. Police officers apprehended Thibodeaux and booked her on felony battery charges. Although Seymour and Cowell are no longer dating, she still interviews him often on Extra and they have remained good friends.

According to Extra, Seymour refused medical treatment and is doing okay.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:08 am

This is from Scott MacIntyre's Myspace. I think it sucks actually that they cut the duet between him and Matt. I understand that Billy Joel couldnt make it but they find another artist who played piano???? I know how rare that is eyeroll Was it REALLY necessary to have a Tatiana and Bikini girl segment? Sorry, I would have much rather seen 2 top ten Idols dueling it out on piano then the two pig tramps dueling in bikini's or that psycho Tatiano Del Whoro. Was it REALLY necessary to see Kara rip her dress off and blind us all? I didnt realize that Scott and Matt were the only 2 finalists who didnt get a solo or duet (I didnt see most of the show).....real nice AI. This is just one of the reasons why this show has lost any cred it ever had.

Scott MacIntyre Blogs that His Finale Performance Was Cut

There has been one largely unspoken question on the minds of piano fans everywhere this season of American Idol: will the two pianists play together??? Well, what better time to showcase Scott MacIntyre and Matt G. in a fierce battle of the keys than during the American Idol Season 8 Finale!

That’s right… We had two gorgeous grand pianos facing each other on stage, the piano curves fit together like shoes in a shoebox, and close-up camera shots of our fingers and faces were displayed on three huge jumbotrons at the front of the 7,000 seat Nokia Theatre as we sang in turn through Billy Joel’s “Tell Her About It” and dueled it out in a tear-it-up piano solo section. According to some of the producers who witnessed our rehearsal, it was the most exciting and memorable number of the entire Finale show. I have the original Finale flow sheet right here showing the piano duel immediately after Kris Allen and Keith Urban.

We got to the Nokia Theatre on Wednesday morning (show day) and out of the blue about 9:30am found out the duet had been cut and the decision was final. Needless to say, I was shocked. American Idol had originally invited Billy Joel himself to perform with us, but he was unable to make it in the end; and because our duet was the only duet not involving another celebrity, it was the first thing to be cut when the show was condensed. Over the last few days I have tried to reason this out every way possible, and it makes no sense to me why one of the most compelling and unique performances of the show would be cut simply because the original artist wasn’t present. (Perhaps Tatiana and Bikini Girl were more important after all… :P) There will most likely not be another set of competent pianists on the show anytime soon, and this would have been an opportunity to make American Idol history.

My email inbox has been flooded with questions from dear fans around the world such as “Why didn’t you perform a duet after finishing in 8th place?” “Why were you the only Top 13 performer who didn’t have solos in any of the group numbers?” “Why were you mostly in the background on stage?” and even “Why were you discriminated against as a visually impaired performer?” I appreciate hearing everything you all have to say through your emails, MySpace comments, Twitter posts, AI.com forum posts, etc, and I completely agree with many of your sentiments. All I can say is that I share your frustration and am as disappointed as you are that I wasn’t featured during the Finale. I honestly just mustered up a smile and danced my way through the show… I realize life isn’t fair, and with 30 million viewers tuning in, it definitely seems like a lost opportunity. But I believe God is bigger than all of this and has a plan for my life reaching far beyond the circumstances of today. I have dealt with these kinds of situations before and know that everything happens for a reason and in time I very well may look back on this and finally realize it was for the best and that something better was waiting just around the corner.

On that note, American Idol’s Ken Warwick promised me several times that he would make it up to me by having me back to perform next season. I know it’s not always easy to hold a top Hollywood TV executive to his word, but Ken is the most talented and warm-hearted producer I’ve ever worked with, and I’d really like to believe he will come through on that promise… I would love to perform an original song on the show from my upcoming Fall CD. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:22 am

After watching the show - I hadn't even realized he didn't have a solo with another celeb singer. That's how forgettable he is. To say it would have been "one of the most compelling and unique performances" of the show and that there will probably "not be a set of competent pianists on the show anytime soon" is a bit too much, he needs to OD on some humble pie and get over himself.

Let's see how well he does in itune downloads/cd sales.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next