BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
American Idol - Page 5 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALAmerican Idol - Page 5 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

American Idol

Go down 
+3
Lorraine
Colton
Erika
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

American Idol - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 pm

So the judges used the Golden Power of Veto on Matt and I am cool with that and here is why, I dont think they would use it on Lil or Anoop, Danny or Adam won't need to be saved (I think) so that leaves Allison, Kris and Matt who I think would have a good chance to be saved. Using it on Matt eliminates it and now it cannot be used on Allison..lol My co-worker (I am at work tonight) who half the time I think isnt paying attention to me when I am watching Idol said after they saved Matt, "Can they get rid of Seacrest now"? Too funny. He's the same one who said one night after I said to myself "Oh Paula shut up" and he answered with, "Yeah, what the fuck does she know" I lost it as I didnt think he was paying attention to me again. laughing
Dial Idol had some problems...lol but thats ok, more often then not they get it right. So what this means now is that 2 people go home next week. I'm not sure I like that, why save someone then? Then the really really really really really bad news....next week is Disco week. puke puke puke puke Ummmmmm speaking of Disco.......WHERE IS MY DISCO BANANA?? bitch bitch bitch
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 am

Finally!!! the 1 and only save was used !. I didn't mind them using the save on Matt last night but I think it's only a matter of time before he is sent packing in the next couple of weeks anyways so it's just putting off the inevitable, but it made for good TV! I can see everyone being happy for Matt staying except the other idol contestants... hello? He is your competition you should be happy to see somebody going home each week, unless it was all acting which is possible but I doubt it. Anoop looks really annoyed with America for not throwing more votes his way and keeping him outta the bottom 3 - I'm surprised he isn't VFTW pick.

Jennifer Hudson looked good and sounded just as good and as for Miley, who really cares she sucks and I'd love for Simon to critique her performance last night. teehee2

Next week is disco! :disco ball: M.J
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 am

"as for Miley, who really cares she sucks and I'd love for Simon to critique her performance last night."

I couldn't agree more! I was thinking to myself last night, ummmmm there are singers on this show that are WAY more talented than her and I kept imagining what Simon would have to say about her singing. Keep her ass on the Disney channel where she belongs.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:43 am

Former 'Idol' Gets Reality TV Show

(April 16) - Former 'American Idol' star Fantasia Barrino has landed a new reality television series on VH1 that will document her life as a singer and single mother, The Hollywood Reporter reveals. "We look forward to smashing expectations and revealing the fresh, funny and unexpected side of this one-of-a-kind country girl and superstar," executive producer Randy Barbato said.
The show, which will premiere in early 2010, will chronicle Fantasia's life after her success on 'Idol.' "Fantasia's life has been an open book, but at 24 years old, her story has just begun," Barbato said.
Barrino rose to fame as the winner of the third season of 'Idol' and has since written an autobiography 'Life Is Not a Fairy Tale' and starred in a Lifetime movie about herself.
"Fantasia has one of the most fascinating stories in show business, from her tough upbringing to her meteoric rise on the national scene thanks to 'American Idol,'" said Jeff Olde, executive VP original programming at VH1.
"Her challenges from fame and her unwillingness to fail have combined to create a larger-than-life talent who appeals to music lovers around the world. So many people wanted to work with her on this, but Fantasia is now part of the VH1 family, and we're so happy to have her."

eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Of course I am sitting here watching opening day ceremonies at the brand new Yankee Stadium and who sings the National Anthem??

Kelly Clarkson to open Yankee Stadium

American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson goes down in the history books today, as she sings the national anthem at the opening ceremonies for the new Yankees Stadium.

It's a big deal -- tons of dignitaries and celebrities will be there, and the media here in NYC is all over today's events.

Here's the interesting thing: in addition to opening baseball's most important new stadium, my guess is Texas-native Kelly is also going to open football's most important new stadium, when the Dallas Cowboys hold their ceremonies in September.

And with three Texas teams in the NBA playoffs, she has a shot at singing the national anthem at the NBA Finals (unlikely, though; the Lakers are just too good out West).

Too bad the Dallas Stars didn't even make the Stanley Cup finals, she could've had a chance at going 4-for-4!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:15 am

Three's Company, Four's a Crowd on 'Idol'
American Idol - Page 5 Cb9b7078cff2016e574db13981e170e5
The introduction of Kara DioGuardi as the fourth judge on 'American Idol' hasn't gone very well.
According to OK!, DioGuardi is disliked by fans and her fellow judges alike.
"The plan to add a fourth person backfired. Now the producers are left with a tough decision: Do they go back to the original three-judge format, or leave Kara there?" an insider tells the magazine.
"During breaks, Simon, Randy and Paula would leave the table to talk to the crowd or get food, leaving Kara to swivel in her chair," an eyewitness adds.

"Throughout the process, Simon, Randy and Paula would reference previous seasons, and Kara would have no idea what they were talking about. They would just say, 'You had to be there.' Kara is clearly the new girl, and they don't seem to all get along," another source says.

DioGuardi's appearance was supposed to ease the transition for when Abdul exited the show. However, the 'Straight Up' singer is now working to extend her contract, leaving producers frantic to solve the problem.
Skip over this content

"Kara's addition was Idol's way of preparing for Paula's departure. The producers were trying to do a transition that wouldn't be too jarring for the audience -- but they didn't think through the logistics," someone close to the show reveals.
But Paula changed her mind. "Paula is doing everything necessary to sign another contract," a friend of hers tells OK!.
However, no one's seat at the table has been confirmed for next year. Cowell has said that he may leave the series, and contracts for a ninth season have yet to be signed, leaving everything up in the air.

As much as I can't stand Kara, I feel the same way about Paula and I doubt I'm in the minority with that yet Idol has kept bringing her back each season. It's funny how Paula's bs has some how been flying under the radar this season... she is still just as sickening as past seasons.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:25 am

'American Idol' tour set to start on July 5 in Portland, Ore.
American Idol - Page 5 Top10_210x280
The top 10 contestants from this season of American Idol will hit the road for a nationwide tour starting July 5 in Portland, Ore. The touring finalists will be Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, Anoop Desai, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen, Lil Rounds, Matt Giraud, Megan Joy, Michael Sarver, and Scott MacIntyre, who will play in a total of 50 cities. Tickets will go on sale on May 9. More information, including all of the concert dates and locations, can be found at
American Idol's Official site
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 am

Idol wouldn’t say “Inglourious Basterds” yet is considering Sacha Baron Cohen for the finale
A reporter from USA TODAY spent last Tuesday with American Idol producer Ken Warwick, and witnessed the creation of the stupid-ass two-by-two judging format—and the response from the judges. Along the way, he also observed some of the most ludicrous hypocrisy ever: The show that allows its host and star judge to taunt each other with immature gay jokes actually refused to broadcast the name of Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming film Inglorious Basterds—and is also considering having Sacha Baron Cohen appear on the live finale.
“We’re talking about Sacha Baron Cohen doing something. The trouble is he always goes a little bit off the rails, and we’ve got to be very careful. It’s a family show,” executive producer Ken Warwick told the paper. Earlier, he said the same thing—“family show”—when he revealed that they would not broadcast the name of Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds.
That’s presumably not because of the word “inglorious” and the fact that some families don’t know what that means, but because of “basterds,” which is a word that causes small children to die when they hear it.
Seriously, none of this makes any sense except in some universe where everyone in the studio has consumed some kind of batshit crazy Kool-Aid. Joking that Paula Abdul is drunk is okay but the word “basterds” is not? And what person in their right mind thinks Sacha Baron Cohen is going to put on a G-rated performance? Still, if they want him, that’s great, because he’s awesome and I’d love to see him put on his swimsuit and hump Randy, Simon, and Ryan.
The other major news in the piece—besides the finalists’ wardrobe budget, which is $400 a week this year—is a rundown of how the show ran over time yet again even after deciding to change up its judging.
Warwick knew there was going to be an overrun all day, and made the decision at noon to cut half the judges, saying they “should understand.” That was hours after he knew the show was going to run over in part because of the pre-taped Quentin Tarantino package, which presented its own problem. USA TODAY says Warwick had to meet with the network and studio because “the Tarantino package contains footage that would amount to free advertising that could upset paying sponsors.”
At 12:45, he dealt with that by having his staff “make two versions” of the Tarantino package. So why the hell wouldn’t he cut it down to, say, one minute instead of seven, then? That, too, makes no sense. Although in fairness, the one that aired was the “shorter version,” according to the paper. Shorter?!
Before three, there was “a meltdown,” according to a staff member who came to Warwick: the judges’ were pissed. More than a half-hour later, Warwick returned from dealing with them and said, “All the judges weren’t madly happy,” and that he “went and explained it.” Paula was particularly concerned that the format would stick, but Warwick said, “She’s OK now.”

I agree with the judging format sucked last week and why the hell do they want Sasha Baron Cohen? What does he have to do with music? eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Its Disco night on Idol woohoo :disco ball: and the only good thing about this being disco night is that I get to use my disco banana American Idol - Page 5 38
Love that!! laughing
VFTW is letting me down tonight, usually by this time they have a list of the songs the contestants will sing tonight, but as of now, its not posted. Guess it will be a surprise.....can't wait eyeroll
American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38American Idol - Page 5 38
So I don't think there is any doubt that most of the singers, if not all, will struggle this week and because of the save last week, 2 of them go home this week.
I think Lil should sing "I Will Survive" tonight.....would be the perfect song for her, doncha think? thumbsup
It would also be funny if Adam would wear the white suit that John Travolta wore in Saturday night Fever and sing a BeeGees song lmaosmiley Hey, he has the falsetto for it right?? teehee2 I think Matt could get away with that too...lol.

I hope Allison sings anything that makes her sound atrocious stir the pot
All that aside though, she might do well with a Donna Summer song like "Last Dance" or "On the Radio".

I just can't imagine Danny or Kris singing Disco and as far as Anoop goes..... don't know I'm just not sure it will matter.

Last week they tried something different, supposedly to save time, and that was only 2 judges spoke for each singer. Well those 2 judges should have been Simon and Randy ONLY! Is there ANYONE out there that likes Kara? I think AI is catching on to what WE have known almost since day 1, Kara is very disliked and the 4th judge was a horrible idea. I do like one thing though, Simon has been getting more and more bold with his facial expressions and its absolutely hilarious!! laughing Is anyone noticing that?
I liked the save last week and I was glad they used it. I really like Matt but more than that, I like that his fellow Idol hopefuls were cheering and chanting "SAVE" while the judges deliberated. The look on Matts face when he was saved was genuine and it was actually a really good Idol moment. We get so few of those ya know?

Well ROTFLMAO...whats the first thing I see? Someone in the audience holding up a "Saturday Night Fever" movie poster with Adams face in place of John Travolta's....gotta love it....only problem is that Adam is NOT wearing white!!! DAMN!! Could have been epic!!!

1. Lil Rounds is singing "I'm every woman" She might as well have sang "The end of the Road" by BoyzIImen because this was NOT good. She was all over the place. Poor Lil, can she do anything right? Girls got 'tude'. She looks P-Oed. flaming hot I agree with Simon....this has got to be the end for her. sad1 Not sure that even VFTW can save her from elimination.

2. Kris Allen is singing "She works hard for the Money" UMMMMMMMM not who I thought might sing Donna Summer. This is soooooo strange.
WOW!! I have to admit, I really like what he has done with this song....kudo's to you Kris! Ballsy, gutsy and it worked. clap2 very nice job. Good Lord Paula, please get out of my head...its scary! Yes, I also think he gave it a Santana flair.....I liked Kris in the beginning of the season, he lost me in the middle and tonight he has gained back my respect. cool If anyone had told me that Kris was going to sing "She works hard for the money" and I was gonna like it, I would have said they were on crack.

3.Danny Gokey is singing "September" I think this is a very good song choice for him, it suits him....Danny? Stop Dancing! American Idol - Page 5 38
I did not think that Danny would be able to pull off Disco night but he did and I think he did a really good job. His vocals are always good and he has stayed consistent.

4. Allison Irahellno is singng "Hot Stuff" well she IS singing Donna Summer but not what I suggested bitch bitch bitch lol Maybe they should have just had Donna Summer night with Donna as mentor?? Sounds like a good idea huh?

Um.....I hated it puke ....nuff said.

5. Adam Lambert is screech...er I mean singing "If I can't have you" well he DID do a Saturday Night Fever song...lol. I still don't get it though. Why are they drooling over him like this???? That screeching....  seeing stars I just want to bring up that I was a huge Adam supporter in auditions/Hollywood week and was really pulling for him. He DOES have talent but come on now...this pimping is getting too fucking disgusting for words! Can we all just go home now? Has he won yet??smiley_rantonoff: OMG The look on Paula's face is absolutely sickening and nauseating. vomit smiley puke

6. Matt Giraud is singing "Staying alive" HA, good song choice Matt lol. I think he did a good job and I hope its enough to keep him safe. Time for Lil and Anoop to hit the road, I know asking for Allison to go is asking too much. Way to hang in there though Matt, I know its tough when you aren't pimped by the judges. good luck

7. Anoop Desai aka Anoop Dawg is singing "Dim all the Lights" um did I call it or what for this being Donna Summer night? laughing Well I didn't really like it at all. I think Matt is better than Anoop but as we all know, the public usually gets it wrong. Thank you Simon for agreeing with me on THIS one..lol.

ok so we come to the end of Disco night and I have to say, I think they all did better than I thought they would. Good job top 7 for making it through disco night with your dignity. teehee2
Lil...gone, Anoop should be gone, Matt still in danger, Allison also in danger as I don't think she is really liked by the public (me=public..lol) Safe=Kris, Danny and Adam (I know, gutsy call picking Adam safe eyeroll ) If it were me, I would send home Lil and Allison (lol) but more likely Lil and Anoop. Again, it just doesnt matter as American Adam is all but over. don't know

I will be back later with my Dial Idol update!!
American Idol - Page 5 38 M.J American Idol - Page 5 38 M.J American Idol - Page 5 38 M.J American Idol - Page 5 38 M.J American Idol - Page 5 38

Till next week....
Bye Bye Bitches!! boobie shake
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 pm

I am going to give a Dial Idol update but last week they had Kris Allen as dead last and as we know, he wasnt even in the bottom 3. They also had Allison as a bottom feeder as she also wasn't even in the bottom 3. I know it gets tougher for them as the number of singers drops but I will post their early predictions. The phone lines have been open for just about 90 minutes and here is how they have it.....

Allison=last Adam=1st (shocking)
Matt=2nd to last Lil=2nd and that really is shocking
Kris=3rd to last Danny=3rd

once again Anoop is right in the middle. Its very very close and very small margins seperate them. Again, they were way off last week so hopefully, except for Allison being last, I hope thats the case again this week.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:16 am

Quote :
Not sure that even VFTW can save her from elimination.
Don't forget me!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 am

I finally watched Idol.... and it was a pretty good show considering it was disco :disco ball:

WOW .... No bullshit for the first 10mins amazing!

Lil is up and she sings I'm Every Woman - Her hair looks good but that's where it ends, the more she said she wasn't karaoke the more I thought she was. And I love how Simon drives it home you sucked and this is the end of the road for you honey. Her momma looked way pissed off at Kara and Simon! yikes!

Kris sings She Works Hard For Hey Money - Intiial thought is WHAT?!!?!?!!?
Surprisingly enough not only does he pull it off he nails it! I loved it! Woot

Gokey sings September - Why does somebody have to sing this song every season... YawnSmiley: but per usual the judges had to ass licker
I know big shocker I'm not a fan of his... NEXT!

Alison sings Hot Stuff - I don't think I've heard that song since I was like 6. She sounded good. Her look is annoying but I do like her voice. thumbsup

woohoo FINALLY! The much anticipated performance of the night! woohoo
Loser2 assholesmiley: shithead:
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Lorraine wrote:
Good Lord....got this from VFTW...love them for finding this shit. This girl needs help. She thinks that good looking people aren't gay. Ummmmmm I beg to differ...just off the top of my head, Colton, Steven and the lovable Sam happen to be gay and beautiful!!!

Welll umm gee Lorraine thanks for bringing that on over here... clearly this girl in the video knows all about beauty fugly
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Kara DioGuardi Opens Up About Eating Disorder
American Idol - Page 5 Cara-dioguardi-b
Kara DioGuardi was treated for an eating disorder, she admits in a new revealing interview.

"I've never spoken about this. I had kind of a binge eating disorder where, instead of dealing with my emotions, I would stuff them down with food," the American Idol judge tells Extra.
"I never threw up or starved myself," continues DioGuardi. "It was an eating disorder. I actually went into a treatment center for it...I would get up and eat in the middle of the night."

DioGuardi blames her food problems on insecurity while growing up.
"I really was a creative kid who didn't know she was creative and didn't have those outlets because I was always afraid to join the theater group and not perform," she says.

After she moved out to L.A. to become a songwriter, she became healthier.

"The moment I started doing music, the moment I did what I loved to do in my life and committed to it, I didn't have those problems anymore," she says. "I have my outlet. I have that form of expression. I can go to the studio and talk about my feelings."

whogivesafuck:
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Great group number I usually fast forward during that cheesefest but Paula did good. Or maybe because there was another hot guy up on stage and I don't mean Adam... what the hell I couldn't even figure out for the longest time during their song and dance who the hell is the good looking guy because he had his shades on and I completely forgot about him... Anoop looked hot! haha cool

I wasn't surprised he had to leave but damn that was kind of quick how they got rid of Lil haha she was toast after last night anyway wave

oh and dial idol couldn't have been further off ... hopefully those guys get it together over there they haven't been too reliable the past couple of weeks! WTF
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:38 pm

Paula Abdul Surprised By Fourth Judge Hire

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/04/paula-abdul-surprised-fourth-judge-hire

Paula Abdul -clearly not happy - says she found out that the producers of American Idol had hired a fourth judge as she was leaving to attend the first round of Idol auditions this year.

Adbul speaks candidly on ABC's Nightline Thursday night, telling Cynthia McFadden that she and fellow judge Randy Jackson were not consulted about the addition of Kara DioGuardi to the Idol panel.

During the interview, Abdul also says she regrets starring in the reality show "Hey Paula" because it only served to step up rumors

that she was addicted to alcohol and prescription drugs, a charge she flatly denies.

Abdul in part blames Cowell for joking that she was drinking alcohol during the broadcasts of American Idol.

"I was beaten down when those rumors took off," she said. "I wish Simon would have come clean at that time and said, 'Come on everybody, I was joking.' Then I would have had a much easier time."

Abdul said she approached Cowell and asked him to dispel the rumors, but he didn't, at least not at the time.

"That's his choice," she said. "He finally did when it was well and done. He said, 'I didn't mean it, I was joking.' But that was like a year, slightly over a year after, when the damage had been done. For me the true test of strength is how you can come through the fire -- how you can overcome adversity."

Regarding her future on Idol, Adbul said: "This is my last season under
contract. I love the show, I do. I love what I do on the show and I'm loving it more this season than ever. It's taken me a while to get comfortable in my own skin with the show."

Cynthia McFadden's exclusive interview with Abdul airs Thursday night on "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. ET

She's an emotional disaster! crazy
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:16 am

Kara DioGuardi regretting joining 'American Idol' as new judge
(Um Kara? not half as much as the American public regrets it)

Kara DioGuardi reportedly regrets her decision to add American Idol judge to a resume that already included experience as a music producer, composer and performer.
"She has achieved too much in the music world -- a business dominated by men -- to allow herself to stay in a job where she's not appreciated," an Idol insider told OK! Weekly in a Wednesday report. "It's demeaning and a waste of her time."

According to OK!, DioGuardi has reportedly raised the ire of Idol's three original judges -- Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul -- in recent weeks.
Following last Tuesday night's performance episode featuring the Top 7 eighth-season finalists, OK! reported DioGuardi stormed off the stage after the credits began to roll and a "blowup" occurred backstage.

"She was so upset, she couldn't hold it back," an Idol source told OK!. "Kara was telling everybody, 'I don't care anymore. I'm going to quit!' She didn't sign up to be anybody's punching bag. That's what she feels she's become."

In addition, OK! reported DioGuardi upset Jackson during last night's live performance show when she interrupted his critique of Kris Allen's performance.

An "irritated" Jackson responded by looking down the judges' table to Cowell, who OK! reported "proceeded to flip his middle finger (while pretending to scratch his ear) at Kara while she spoke." (gotta love Randy if that is true) American Idol - Page 5 143808
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:26 am

American Idol to do Rat Pack songs, with Taylor Hicks back

American Idol - Page 5 Rat-pack-0423

American Idol's next theme is songs of the Rat Pack, the nickname for Frank Sinatra and his friends Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop (oddly, Fox's press release omits Peter and Joey). With Taylor Hicks performing “Seven Mile Breakdown.”

Matt Giraud is going to have a huge advantage -- his style is the best fit for the Rat Pack's cool Vegas songs, like "Luck Be A Lady," "Only Have Eyes for You," "Ring-A-Ding-Ding." (I agree, first person I thought of when I heard it was rat pack week)
Adam Lambert should be great too, he'll get a chance to go all theatrical again. Think of a guy in a suit smoking a cigarette with a drink in hand in front of a band, and you've got the general vibe.

I think Kris Allen will do better than Danny Gokey, because he's cooler. Sinatra's group was all about attitude; Danny is probably a bit too geeky to pull it off.

And Allison Iraheta's in for a tough week--the Rat Pack vibe has women around just for decoration. But she can sing anything, so who knows.

And after all, the original Rat Pack was centered around Humphrey Bogart and his way young, talented wife Lauren Bacall.

You know how to whistle, don't you?

Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 am

Quote :
Danny is probably a bit too geeky to pull it off.

A bit would be an understatement, he is extremely geeky!!!

Taylor Hicks is finally going to be performing to a real audience he probably hasn't performed to a size like that since his Idol days. Where exactly did all the soul patrolers go?

I'm not exactly thrilled with next week's Standards. smoking
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 am

If we can suffer through David Barfaletta, Taylor Hicks should be a breeze.

I actually like the whole "Frank Sinatra" genre and I think that Allison could FAIL miserably devilish banana and I think the guys will kick ass!!
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:18 pm

American Idol - Page 5 Lil-rounds

no2 Her elimination was so sad! I know you guys weren't big fans of her, but I really loved her. I also thought it was so sweet when she said, "Babies! Mama's coming home!" <3<3<3

Lil Rounds - Best of Idol '09 <3
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:36 am

Actually Colton, Lil was a favorite of mine in the beginning. Not sure what happened to her though, she just couldnt get it together. Believe me, I would rather Lil had stayed then have to listen to Allison for one more second... bitchin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next