BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALBB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

BB14 - Week 1 Discussion

Go down 
+9
pajamajon
CC123
ChicagoMark
sammyf
Lorraine
Nikolas
Jay
bostongirl
Erika
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH

BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 am

Nikolas it's a lot easier to win comps when the numbers are smaller and you are going up against someone like Jerry and Renny... I just do not see how it benefits him especially at this point when he is the only coach down a player. What is he doing this week to benefit himself? He's been a non-factor this week to save his players which saves himself at least this part of the game. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of weeks they do away with the coaches and the coaches enter the game to play for the 500k.

Can Dan not see Janelle and Britney always hanging out? Gee I guess they couldn't possibly be working together? Nahh of course not they just like hanging out together right Dan? I hope one of his players goes home, and I hope he is the 1st coach to go home since I think he's completely overrated as a player. The only thing he's good at is getting people to believe he's something he's not. And is it just me or is Dan taking this whole "coaching" a little too seriously? As if he really has to "coach" them. Him acting as if he has to be a coach is the equivalent of Sheila thinking Adam was suppose to be her soulmate in BB9

Questions?

Can the players sharing a coach nominate each other? I don't think this was ever clarified and I assumed they were a team?

Is it true Joe lied to Janelle about Frank telling him he wants to get rid of Willie and Shane?

Did Boogie ever confront Britney and Janelle on them being filthy slobs in regards to the ants situation?
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Unfortunately, I think he DID throw the comp. I am not sure of his reasoning behind it but to me he was blatantly obvious that he was throwing it. His attempts at being clever once again were a big FAIL. I know this is not the popular opinion but I just always thought Dan was way overrated because if you had to root for someone that season, the pickens were verrrrry slim. His POV Roulette will go down as one of the most ridiculous, self serving, attention whoring, cocky things that an HOH has ever done. If he turns his team and this season around and ends up winning, I will give him all the credit he is due but right now, he has not impressed me at all.

What the heck is with Janelle and the "it will make for good tv" bs. Just play the game and stop trying to script it. TRUE reality is ALWAYS better than fake.

E, your question about can they nom someone from their own team? I think they can, not because what anyone said or did, but last night when Willie had his noms, his teammates had keys. If they were automatically safe wouldnt they have said so and not had to have their keys pulled? I am trying to remember how it was in season 11 with the cliques. Anyone??
Back to top Go down
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover
pajamajon

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Erika wrote:

Questions?

Can the players sharing a coach nominate each other? I don't think this was ever clarified and I assumed they were a team?

Is it true Joe lied to Janelle about Frank telling him he wants to get rid of Willie and Shane?

Did Boogie ever confront Britney and Janelle on them being filthy slobs in regards to the ants situation?

Players can nom another player that their coach has drafted. Ashley got info from DR telling her they are not teams

Joe did lie and told Janelle.

Boogie has not approached the slobs.
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Erika wrote:
Nikolas it's a lot easier to win comps when the numbers are smaller and you are going up against someone like Jerry and Renny...

He was also competing against Memphis, Keesha and Michelle when he won his comps and they're not exactly competition slobs.

Erika wrote:
I just do not see how it benefits him especially at this point when he is the only coach down a player. What is he doing this week to benefit himself? He's been a non-factor this week to save his players which saves himself at least this part of the game. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of weeks they do away with the coaches and the coaches enter the game to play for the 500k.

Like I said, I'm NOT defending his strategy thus far. I don't know if it will work this season. I'm just saying I think it IS his strategy to throw comps and appear weak early on because it's consistent with how he plays. You were saying that you didn't think he threw that comp and I'm just saying...yes he did. I'm not saying it was the best thing for him to do.

Last edited by Nikolas on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Lorraine wrote:
but last night when Willie had his noms, his teammates had keys. If they were automatically safe wouldnt they have said so and not had to have their keys pulled? I am trying to remember how it was in season 11 with the cliques. Anyone??

Lorraine, I re-watched the nomination ceremony and they didn't have keys. Jo Jo's key was pulled from the box and she was declared safe first and then she pulled Shane's key. I think this means they're free to nominate their team members if they so chose and I like that better than the way it was done on BB11 since the potential to turn on your teammates creates more drama and leads to better gameplay.

pajamajon wrote:

Players can nom another player that their coach has drafted. Ashley got info from DR telling her they are not teams

Thanks for confirming that pajamajon.

Lorraine wrote:
If he turns his team and this season around and ends up winning, I will give him all the credit he is due

You mean just like he did on Season 10? smile
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:35 pm

OH MY GOD they've flipped AGAIN!!! I swear I can't keep up with these people.

Willie and Ashley formed a secret alliance and both talked about how Janelle is only looking out for Wil, not Ashley. They're both convinced that Janelle wants to keep Kara because Kara is a vote for Wil and they think Janelle is willing to sacrifice Ashley so Wil can win. Looks like they're against Janelle and Britney now. Amazingly Willie keeps saying, "Look how hard Janelle pushes to keep Kara." Um...hello? Weren't you the one saying yesterday that Kara had to stay and you wanted it to be a blindside for Boogie? Is he forgetting that Janelle and Britney had come around to eliminating Kara so they could eliminate Dan and it was Joe's lie that switched things up again? eyeroll

The best part about the convo though was Willie again proving he's not a patsy like last year's newbies: "People are allowing the coaches to make their decisions for them... this season is no good for me."

Last edited by Nikolas on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm getiing dizzy with all this round and round. I have to go out for a bit and i bet they will flip flop back and forth at least 4 times in the few hours i am gone...lol
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Again kudos to Willie for being an independent thinker and not doing whatever the fuck Janelle and Britney wants. I didn't think Ashley knew where she even was let alone know she was playing the game. I actually think she is playing and I like it.

So someone tell me what the hell Dan has done? So far he's got the same exact game as Adam BB13...Nothing.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeah even though I like Janelle and want her to outlast all the vets, I have to give Willie and Ashley MAJOR props for not being sheep. Even when it works against my personal favorites, I always find games of social strategy more intriguing when multiple players do what is in their best interest rather than playing for someone else.
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:23 pm

I can't deal with Willie. He's too damn paranoid! I do however, think his downfall will be quite entertaining.
Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Erika wrote:
Again kudos to Willie for being an independent thinker and not doing whatever the fuck Janelle and Britney wants. I didn't think Ashley knew where she even was let alone know she was playing the game. I actually think she is playing and I like it.

So someone tell me what the hell Dan has done? So far he's got the same exact game as Adam BB13...Nothing.

I like Joe the best so far he seems really smart and have a good game sense.
Dan is doing exactly what his job description is coaching his players and giving them advice. Hell Dan even coaches other players. Boogie and Dan are the only ones not using their players for a hidden agenda. Brit and Jani are making their newbies play their game and telling the newbies what to do.
Back to top Go down
justin91
BB Fan
BB Fan
justin91

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I've always been a Dan fan but i don't understand why he throws comps. He doesn't need to make him self feel weak he's a coach. That being said Willie not going with what Brittney and Janelle want would be the best. I've got high hopes for this season! I hope i feel the same way in September. oh yea and WTF is up with Ian ?
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 pm

justin91 wrote:
I've always been a Dan fan but i don't understand why he throws comps. He doesn't need to make him self feel weak he's a coach.

Again I'm NOT saying it's necessarily going to work this season, but Dan throwing comps on Season 10 worked like charm for him. He would've been voted out week two as Brian's BFF but he chose to appear weak and fade into the background. It worked so well that even after Steven and Angie were eliminated, the target never shifted to Dan until Jessie's eviction at which point Dan/Keesha/Memphis/Libra/Rennie formed an alliance that lasted to F5 with only one casualty (Libra). By the time Dan started winning competitions and the others realized he was no weakling, it was too late.

As for this season, I don't really think winning the Coach Comp would've done much for him. He could only protect one player which could then potentially throw a target on the only other player in his team. Kara wound up being nominated anyway, but if he'd won the Coach's Comp, one of his players would likely still be on the block. If the Coach Comp granted immunity to the entire team, then I would say it's stupid to throw it (for the same reason you don't throw team immunity challenges in Survivor).
Back to top Go down
justin91
BB Fan
BB Fan
justin91

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Nikolas wrote:
justin91 wrote:
I've always been a Dan fan but i don't understand why he throws comps. He doesn't need to make him self feel weak he's a coach.

Again I'm NOT saying it's necessarily going to work this season, but Dan throwing comps on Season 10 worked like charm for him. He would've been voted out week two as Brian's BFF but he chose to appear weak and fade into the background. It worked so well that even after Steven and Angie were eliminated, the target never shifted to Dan until Jessie's eviction at which point Dan/Keesha/Memphis/Libra/Rennie formed an alliance that lasted to F5 with only one casualty (Libra). By the time Dan started winning competitions and the others realized he was no weakling, it was too late.

As for this season, I don't really think winning the Coach Comp would've done much for him. He could only protect one player which could then potentially throw a target on the only other player in his team. Kara wound up being nominated anyway, but if he'd won the Coach's Comp, one of his players would likely still be on the block. If the Coach Comp granted immunity to the entire team, then I would say it's stupid to throw it (for the same reason you don't throw team immunity challenges in Survivor).

He has two House guests left on his team. If he won he could have saved one of them I think that's something. I understand that's what he did and that worked, but this is a different season and as of know he is not playing the game.
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Does anyone know if they've officially switched back to evicting Kara? I know Willie and Ashley have a secret alliance and are against Janelle & Britney but does that mean they've decided to keep Frank after all or does Willie still believe Joe's lie and want Frank gone?
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Willie doesn't know what the hell to do. He's playing just like Ronnie.
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Did i miss something during all the flip flopping? Why is Willie so adamant about keeping frank even after Joe told him frank is comming after him and shane.

Has there been any convo between Boogie and Frank about who frank would actually put up if he won hoh???
Back to top Go down
CC123
BB Lover
BB Lover
CC123

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 am

I think its a dumb move for Ashley to try to betray Janelle. If Janelle wanted to she can put Ashley on slop and never save her once for betraying her. Thats the only down side to betraying your coach. They can hinder your game as much as they can help it.
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am

CC123 wrote:
I think its a dumb move for Ashley to try to betray Janelle. If Janelle wanted to she can put Ashley on slop and never save her once for betraying her. Thats the only down side to betraying your coach. They can hinder your game as much as they can help it.

Well it's not like Ashley's gonna march up to Janelle and say "Pistols at Dawn!" If she is working against Janelle, she'll probably do it on the downlow. And as Janelle has shown repeatedly in the past (James, Will, Marcellas) she's not exactly perceptive when someone is stabbing her in the back. Odds are she won't even see it coming until it's too late.

And it's not a bad idea at all for Ashley to do this if the coaches DO get to enter the game at some point as players. If that's the case (and the coaches seem to know this which is massively unfair) then the coaches are presumably already directing the newbies to do things that will make it easier for their coach to win when the game goes individual. Which means Janelle already doesn't have Ashley's best interest at heart. If Ashley is smart enough to counter that early, good for her!
Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:19 am

The coaches don't know if they will or will not enter. They only two that I saw talking about this was Janelle and Britney and they were even saying they weren't 100% sure.
So there will be drama in the house today, BRIT told Willie that the coaches are coming back into the game !!! Now Willie wants Britney to expose the other coaches and if she doesn't he will. Britney is going to get destroyed by Jani, Boogie and Dan it's going to be eventful!!
This is the most intense 1st week I have ever seen, I feel like they have been in the house for a month already lol.
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:44 am

I hope Janelle just leaps across that damn house meeting and beats Britney's ass! The little punk deserves it!
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:31 pm

And right about now Rachel is leaving this message on Janelle's voice mail: "Toldja!"
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Willie has corralled the newbies and spilled the tea on the coaches entering the game as players. They're all riled up and agreeing to form a newbie alliance against the coaches.

But Joe (I guess he's just determined to play both sides of everything this year) told Janelle that Willie wants to go against the coaches. Janelle really wants Frank out now. If she gets her teammates onboard (and Dan has already approached her about working together to keep Kara) this could all backfire on Willie.

SO much good drama for week one! I wonder how the editors are going to put all this together for the Wed/Thurs show?
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm

so basically Brit tells Willie that the vets will be able to play the game thus getting him all riled up and calling a newb meeting. Janelle says that in her contract in BOLD letters it states that they will not be able to compete for the half mill, no jury, no voting, simply the 100 G's. That is some great coaching there Brit. Geez.
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Willie is such a trainwreck. Russel must be hanging his head in shame right now...

I love how everyone is talking about how they need to ignore their coaches, then as soon as the meeting is over they run to their coach!
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't understand what Britney is doing at all and in fact, I don't think she does either. I think she's just one of those people who likes to sh*t talk whoever isn't in the room. However, I'm glad she did this because it's making week one exciting for me as a viewer and setting up potential drama down the road. Now instead of the vote being a landslide bore like it usually is the first week, it seems up for grabs although Frank should still be safe.

I assume Ian and Jenn are still Team Boogie enough (they seem like idiots) to do whatever he wants so that's two guaranteed votes for Frank while Jo and Daniele will vote for Kara. That leaves JoJo, Shane, Wil & Ashley. Shane just proposed an alliance with himself, Willie, Frank, Daniele and JoJo (wow all three alpha guys would be working together then) although wouldn't Daniele just report that to Dan? If JoJo and the three guys go along with it though that means Shane and JoJo would also vote to keep Frank giving him four votes. If Janelle can keep Wil on her side, then it would come down to Ashley. If Ashley stays loyal to her Team, then it would be a tied vote and Willie would break the tie and Frank would stay. If Ashley sticks to her secret alliance with Willie and votes to keep Frank then Willie doesn't have to break the tie and Frank still stays.

So either way I think Frank is safe which is disappointing because I'd love to see Boogie get blindsided week one. It would be all up to Dan to swing one or more of the unlikely votes in Kara's favor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BB14 - Week 1 Discussion    BB14 - Week 1 Discussion  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

BB14 - Week 1 Discussion
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next