BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALThe Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

The Amazing Race - 16

Go down 
+5
sean
pajamajon
Lorraine
Colton
Erika
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:18 am

I got to see Jeff & Jordan!! <3333 The end. cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:33 am

Lorraine wrote:
Quote :
And as for Caite looking great? Surely you jest... she acted like a total asshole practically the entire race with her whinning and crying. Wanting th punch her boyfriend in the face, yelling at cabbies and calling them dumbasses? really that looked great to you? lol

ONCE AGAIN, you are putting your own spin on my words. I said that the LESBIANS MADE CAITE LOOK GREAT!!!! I'm surprised you don't like her. She is exactly the kind of person you usually root for. The red heads a few seasons back, Chima, filthy Natalie. Interesting.

All I was saying is that this is a very young girl, still in her teens who has been put through the ringer because of her pageant blunder. She acted much better in my opinion than the lesbians who are more than twice her age. Caite still has a lot of growing up to do, but to continue to crucify her for a mistake made when she was what, 17, is just ridiculous.

I just find it funny praising someone who is undeserving of it, especially when less than 24 hrs ago she just showed her ass to a national audience. Yes the lesbian looked like an ass but I don't think she made Caite look great at all again I repeat just because of what the lesbian said does NOT absolve Caite of her piss poor behavior and it seems like you are justifying it based off her age, I say seems because I wouldn't want to be accused of ONCE AGAIN putting my own spin on your words lol... If she is old enough to be playing the game she should be old enough to know how to treat people with respect...calling a cabbie a dumbass and threatening to punch her bf's face I think is ridiculous and nothing that the lesbians said or did absolve's Caite of her own actions. big smile
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:53 am

The lesbians did exactly what they DID NOT want to do. They made Caite look good. They wanted to spew their hatred and make her look bad and in the end only made themselves look bad.....really bad. I am not sure where anyone thought they "absolved" Caites behavior. I wonder if I was racing for a million bucks and the cabbie pretty much screwed me out of the race what I might call him.
You didnt see Joe and Heidi acting like assholes because the Detectives Uturned them. The finish line was no place for that and once again, I am surprised that TAR chose to show this footage. I guess I'm glad they did though because it pretty much painted them in their true colors.
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Ok, can someone please tell me exactly what the lesbians did/said?

Colten, agreed! The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 448189
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:31 pm

tj2377 wrote:
Ok, can someone please tell me exactly what the lesbians did/said?

Colten, agreed! The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 448189

Caite had turned to the lesbians to address them and Brandy cut her off by saying stop don't apologize, I don't want to hear sorry from you. You should have U-turned the cowboys when you had the chance since they were strategically a stronger team to get out of the game. That's not verbatim but something to that affect.

I think it wasn't necessary for Phil to even go there as they never have before in the past and I also don't think TAR should have included that in the finale episode. It kind of left things awkwardly as this show always just ends it with the 3 teams coming in and to have that exchange between Brandy and Caite was just dumb on TAR part. As oxymoronic as it sounds this show is usually classier of the reality tv shows out there and should remain that way and leave the unnecessary drama out.
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Gotcha. Yeah, they shouldn't have shown that. I do agree that TAR is generally one of the more classy reality shows, but that was uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
SMOOCHES

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:06 pm

OK you all are getting on my nerves with the crap talking about my favorite show. Yes, I love BB, but TAR is my #1.....This season was no different than any other season. Teams you root for teams you don't like. Challenges, new places to see and the dynamics of teams. From the begginning of the season I've been reading complaints about the teams and the tasks being easy, oh get over it! Let the show be the show it's always been that way. Some things are simple and easy and some are not. Teams fight, teams don't....

As for last night I was cool with either the Cowboys or Pious Brothers winning. I didn't care who won as long as it wasn't the lesbians. As far as how they acted it was poor, tasteless and not surprising. They were bitter and couldn't get over that the one team they didn't like and was beating them were the team to kick their judgmental asses out the race. After all that talking about Caite through the show, they did make her look like the better person the way she handled herself.

As far as TAR showing the incident who cares, it gave the ending some drama. It didn't take away from anything in the finale. We still heard how now that it's over it was amazing, how they couldn't have done it without the other one and so on. All final 3 teams say it. Maybe they showed it because it played a role in the entire season and two older women bickering with a young woman over what????? NOTHING!!!! We all know Caite elevator doesn't go to the top floor or near it, and her behavior and voice was annoying throughout the season, but she did take the high role last night.

The Pious Brothers won the race because Dan had the brilliant idea of getting into first class, which they got off the plane first and got a decent cabbie. Jumping in line didn't help a bit because they were all on the same plane and no matter where the seats were they went closer to the front.....They out-smarted everyone and it won the race......

As for cussing out the cabbies, EVERYONE at some point on the race curse, yell, and be very disrespectful to the cab drivers. Hell Jonathin in TAR 6 got kicked out of a cab because of his poor behavior. The racers are only thinking about the money and the win, but they are being that way towards people who speak very well in THEIR NATIVE COUNTRY!!!!! I understand the racers, but I don't condone some of the behavior. Last night for Caite & Brent was awful because they were here in America and got a cabbie that couldn't speak OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE OF ENGLISH!!! All the racers behavior is what they have to deal with when the race is over and all of the world has seen it.

You didn't see Joe act out about the cops because it was all on the Elimination Station. Joe ass was freaking bitter as hell. He and Jeff got into it because of it. Joe also wasn't acting like an ass at the finish line like the lesbians were rolling their eyes, not clapping and the rest of their mature behavior.......

To sum it all up, it was another great season for TAR fans. Loved watching Jeff & Jordan... I loved the places they visited, Phil loosening up more and more each season and the teams and how they compete, why they compete and the bickering.

I am ready for BB now and as I remembered it was crap talk about BB giving us a two-hour finale.....ACCEPT CHANGE...LMAO smiley_rantonoff:
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:52 am

The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 317684 ^

Quote :
OK you all are getting on my nerves with the crap talking about my favorite show.

But thats what we do!!!!!! Come on Smooches, its not reality tv with out shit talking!!! The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 767614

I pretty much agree with everything you said Smooches. I'm sure Joe was bitter but like you said, he wasn't an ass at the finish line. Yup, the lesbians made Caite look like the mature one and that cannot be an easy thing to do yet they did it with ease.
I couldn't agree more about Brent and Caites bad luck with the cabbie. He pretty much blew ANY chance they had for winning the race. Like I said before, God knows what I might have called him.
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I read somewhere that the teams cannot fly first class. Did they break the rules? Who knows. I am thinking they were ok because the stewardess sat them up their but did they knowingly ask her to move them even though its against the rules? They won the race and have been awarded the million so its all water under the bridge now. I still think if the cowboys were a bit more aggressive, they could have pulled this one out. The brothers seemed hungrier than the cowboys and got the win. I still stand by my statement that this last leg of the race was very very weak. The last task was ridiculous. I am betting it didnt take D and J more than 60 seconds to complete that.
The only thing that I disagree with is showing the footage of the Lesbians at the end. The TAR has been a cut above the rest. Yes they show the drama during the race but in every single season of the race, the finish line is all about the winners. No one has ever seemed as bitter at the finish line as the Lesbians. Who knows, maybe thats why they chose to air that ugliness as its a first for TAR.
Bring on next season!
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
SMOOCHES

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:34 pm

You have to pay for coach. But if you get upgraded for free that is fine.....And it was brilliant on Dan part.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Yes they had to pay for coach but they don't have to sit in coach. It has nothing to do with Dan and Jordan being hungrier they were just smarter in the final leg. A lot of times that's the determining factor with TAR, how you edge yourself out ahead of the others in the final leg. Brilliant on Dans part yes.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:53 pm

oh being hungrier has nothing to do with it? The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 290276

being hungrier can = being smarter and vice versa

They were aggressive with cutting in line, they were thinking outside the box by getting moved into 1st class (something that I dont think I have seem before on TAR) and even those slightest edges won them the race. Being hungry is a term often used in sports, its basically wanting it more. It just seemed to me that D and J wanted it more and were willing to pull out all stops. They did and they won and good for them. This is my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:58 pm

I know what the analogy means but thanks.
Again I repeat I don't think it has anything to do with being hungrier. The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 767614
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:00 pm

How Amazing Race Winners Went From First Class to First PlaceMay 11, 2010

The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 Pious-240

After traveling 40,000 miles across 5 continents, Dan, 25, and Jordan Pious, 23, were the first of the final three teams to arrive at the finish line on the finale of The Amazing Race. The Barrington, R.I.-based brothers dished with PEOPLE about the brilliant moves that scored them the $1 million prize, the play they aren’t proud of and their quest to clear Caite’s name of Brandy and Carole’s accusations. –Carrie Bell
When you started in L.A., did you think you were going to win or were you surprised to the end?
Jordan: I’d watched 15 seasons and I think it’s safe to say that the younger and more physically fit your team is, the better chances you have to win. At 23 and 25 and with my brother being as athletic as he is, we thought we had a good chance going into it. But at the end of the day, even though it’s a little cliché, every single one of those teams had an equal shot of winning.
Getting moved to first class mid-flight in order to exit the plane first is one of the best strategies ever seen on the Race.
Dan: Amazingly, we were off the plane, through customs and into a taxi coming from a communist country in about three and a half minutes. We kept the lead throughout. While the cowboys physically caught up to us at Coit Tower, there was a mandatory 15-minute waiting period to get harnessed and do a safety thing. I was 80 percent done when they showed up. At the motion-capture thing, they were next to us but we were getting the clue when they were still on the first level. We ended up beating them by 25 minutes.
Jordan: Daniel’s only now realizing how big of a move that was. In that clip, I had the biggest smile on my face because I knew how big of a coup that was. And to clarify, you can’t buy first-class tickets but there’s no rule that you can’t befriend a flight attendant and get upgraded for free.
Dan: Special love to Karen from US Airways.
The other brilliant play was writing everything down in case of a final memory task.
Dan: Jordan wrote the most meticulous, organized, neat, highlighted notes. You haven’t seen notes like this in a Harvard class. The challenge turned out to be fairly easy, but even if it’d been the hardest memory challenge in Race history, we had the notes to bang it out.
Jordan: I studied on the plane because nine times out of 10, they have a memory challenge. I made sure I knew where all of the information was and I’d put the elimination order in a highlighted box. You have no idea how excited I was when I read that clue and realized taking notes paid off.
Dan: We probably finished in 45 seconds.
What about the slimy airport line cut? Do you regret doing that, especially because it didn’t accomplish anything?
Dan: We shouldn’t have done it. It had zero impact on the game and made us look bad. But at that point, you gotta make the big moves … Bottom line is that kind of stuff happens because it’s a game for a lot of money. In the heat of the moment, you have to try everything to git it done.
Jordan: Because there was no benefit, I wish we hadn’t. But I stand by that choice because I wanted this more than anything. If only two teams had gotten on that plane, we’d be geniuses. Rich … geniuses!
Caite got a bad rap especially from former couple Carole and Brandy. Jordan, as the only other gay contestant on the show, is that a fair label?
Jordan: Caite isn’t homophobic. We roomed together the last three nights and we became good friends. So let’s dispel that rumor right now. It would have been strategically more sound to u-turn the cowboys, but Caite had butted heads with Carole and Brandy from day one, they constantly fueled the fire and it was a no brainer when they picked them.
Plans for the money?
Dan: Step one: Uncle Sam. Step two: save and invest.
Favorite place or moment?
Jordan: Seychelles was paradise with a capital P — screensaver paradise. I would have never gone if it wasn’t for the Race. I didn’t know it existed.
Dan: He stole my answer. But bungee-jumping, playing soccer and drinking beer in Germany on a Saturday night was cool.
Did it change you or your relationship?
Jordan: It made me feel so fortunate to have a big brother and best friend like Dan. It was a big asset because we’d already had every argument under the sun. The edit and the fan reaction have shown us how special our relationship is.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Erika wrote:
I know what the analogy means but thanks.
Again I repeat I don't think it has anything to do with being hungrier. The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 767614

funny it doesnt seem that way but I know how much you love to disagree even when it makes perfect sense but again I repeat....you are wrong. It has plenty to do with being hungrier. A quote directly from the article
Quote :
you gotta make the big moves
… making the big moves may or may not have anything to do with intelligence but certainly has plenty to do with desire. The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 514184
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:21 pm

You know how much I love to disagree when it makes perfect sense? The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 290276
I'll allow the silly comment to slide since it makes no sense. lol
This is the last comment I will make about this... The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 166294

Yes I agree with making big moves but being aggressive at the airport didn't cause them to win. It was Dan getting them moved up to 1st class which gained them time, and being able to read the scrolling sentences quicker. Smarter yes, hungrier no.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:27 pm

The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 618676 do you even read my posts??? whatever, I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race - 16   The Amazing Race - 16 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Race - 16
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6