BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Amazing Race (season 19)  Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALThe Amazing Race (season 19)  Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

The Amazing Race (season 19)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Empty
PostSubject: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:43 am

The Amazing Race Premieres Sunday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c

Amani and Marcus - Married

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_amani_marcus

Amani Pollard
Hometown: Pine Mountain, Ga.
Connection to your teammate: Married
Current occupation: Business owner

Describe what you do: I own and operate Maize n’ Grace, a country chic boutique.

How will these skills help you win The Race? As a mom and business owner I have mastered multitasking, sleepless nights and a schedule that constantly keeps me moving. Getting it done is what I do!

Three words to describe you: Creative, animated and competitive.

Favorite hobbies: Traveling, writing and painting.

What More...famous person reminds you of yourself? Raven Simone and Julia Roberts

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Idris Elba and Kobe Bryant

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Raising four wonderful babies and opening my own business. In one year of operations we’ve received rave reviews.

What scares you most about traveling? Leaving my kids. I’m scared that something will happen to Marcus and/or myself.

What excites you most about traveling? I love seeing the world! Marcus used to say I want to travel too much, but I think now he appreciates getting away and seeing God’s beauty.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I can’t decide if he has selective or bad hearing. I hope he hears what I am saying.

Pet peeve about your teammate: His sound effects while I’m driving. He’ll say “uurrpp” when he wants me to break, “bammm” (as he hits the dash or window) if he thinks I could have hit something or “you see that car?” I’ll be like, “the one right in front of me?”

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
Italy, because I love Tuscan architecture, the waterways, buildings, food, vineyards… It’s beautiful. I’d also like to go to Africa – an African Safari. I’d love to photograph and experience nature at its simplest and most beautiful.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? An experience of a lifetime and time with my husband. Our marriage has been an amazing race – a honeymoon baby (although we intended to wait) set us on the go mark! We are very family oriented so, between the kids and his 14 year NFL career, he and I only get to steal moments for each other. It will be good to just enjoy each other.

Marcus Pollard
Hometown: Pine Mountain, Ga.
Current occupation: Retired professional football player/football coach

Describe what you do: Giving back to my community as an offensive coordinator.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I know how to study my opponents and put my players in the best position to be successful.

Three words to describe you:
Good looking, charming and helpful.

Favorite hobbies: Golfing, fishing and traveling.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Me

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Halle Berry

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I’m most proud of being a great father to my four children.

What scares you most about traveling?
Getting lost.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and experiencing new places, foods and cultures.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together:
She often asks questions with a fragment. For example, she’ll say, “Baby, money?” I’m like, “Money what!”

Pet peeve about your teammate: When she doesn’t make the bed in the morning.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I’d like to go to China because I’m fascinated with the culture and the traditions.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I want to be able to spend quality time with Amani that we never had because we had children early.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy and Tommy - Friends

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_andy_tommy

Andy Finch
Hometown: Truckee, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Friend
Current occupation: Professional snowboarder/former Olympic snowboarder

Describe what you do: I compete around the world in snowboard competitions.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I travel a lot and get around well on my own. I’ve also learned patience and street smarts.

Three words to describe you: Fun, active and wild.

Favorite hobbies: Surfing, mountain biking and snowboarding.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? More...Opposite of Johnny Cash.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
My snowboarding career and marrying my wife.

What scares you most about traveling? Nothing I can think of.

What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing and seeing new things.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Probably holding something in if it is bothering me.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Trying to reach him on his phone. He lives in the middle of nowhere.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Greenland - looks amazing flying over it. It’s the top of the world.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I want to win some pretty cool prizes that I can share with my wife. I’m pretty set on taking everyone down!

Tommy Czeschin
Hometown: Crowley Lake, Calif.
Current occupation: Professional snowboarder/former Olympic snowboarder

Describe what you do: Right now I do this, that and the other… I snowboard, wake surf, and I’m an owner of multiple business - a laundromat, firewood business and a snowboard company, Humanity Snowboards. Also, I’m going to start coaching for US Snowboarding, the best of the best, USA, baby!

How will these skills help you win The Race? I have a lot of experience traveling the world with a large group of people which requires a lot of patience and mental/physical endurance.

Three words to describe you: Fun, easy going and energetic.

Favorite hobbies: Wake surfing, snow boarding and reef keeping (saltwater tank).

What famous person reminds you of yourself?
Tommy “The Machine” Czeschin

What famous person reminds you of your teammate?
Andy “The Animal” Finch

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making the 2002 Olympic team for snowboard halfpipe.

What scares you most about traveling? Airplane food.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new and different places.

I say “easy does it.” Andy says, “No, it doesn’t.”

Pet peeve about your teammate: He’s always going off the Richter scale and by being so crazy he’s always getting injured. Also, he always wears flip flops.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Thailand, because I heard it’s beautiful.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Besides winning… the experience, traveling the world, competing, and getting to know the other teams

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill and Cathi - Old Married Couple

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_bill_cathi

Bill Alden
Hometown: Albany, Ore.
Current occupation: I’m a retired teacher. I’m currently a farmer/rancher.

Describe what you do: I raise crops/animals, golf, travel, fix things, golf, build things in the shop, golf, exercise and did I mention golf?

How will these skills help you win The Race? I’ll kick butt in a golf challenge.

Three words to describe you: Procrastinator, tidy and worrisome.

Favorite hobbies: Building things, gardening and biking.

What famous person reminds you of More...yourself? Daniel Boone

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Margaret Thatcher

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Cathi and my three children.

What scares you most about traveling? Not taking enough pictures.

What excites you most about traveling?
The sights, cultures, people, lifestyles, etc.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes her feelings get hurt when I suggest that she’s not correct. We need to have a way to defuse this.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She throws my things away without asking!

I’d like to go to the Amazon or Brazil and see the rainforest.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain excellent memories, new friends and have a fantastic time with my wife.

Cathi Alden
Hometown: Albany, Ore.
Current occupation: College instructor/retired high school principal

Describe what you do: I teach online courses for Oregon State University.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I’m computer savvy, a good communicator and can work well with younger people.

Three words to describe you:
Energetic, organized and witty.

Favorite hobbies: Cycling, gardening and traveling.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Sally Field

MacGyver

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Having great relationships with Bill and my three children.

What scares you most about traveling? Losing my way while driving.

What excites you most about traveling? I love the interactions with the people – seeing the similarities and differences.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together:
We are both bossy so we will need to make fast decisions and respect them.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He is an angry driver at times and that really irritates me.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Russia, because it has stark contrasts to the U.S. and other places I’ve been.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)?
I hope to gain wonderful memories and traveling opportunities, as well as a strengthened relationship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ernie and Cindy - Engaged

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_ernie_cindy

Ernie Halvorsen
Hometown: Chicago
Connection to your teammate: Engaged
Current occupation: Project Manager

Describe what you do: I project manage new printing press installations for commercial and sheet fed printers in North America. I bring the sold contract to life by integrating project team members from design, manufacturing and installation, all while being the single point of contact for my customer.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I frequently delegate tasks and have the ability to optimize work by utilizing a person’s skill sets. More...The majority of my job is dealing with time-critical, problem solving tasks that require urgent responses and decisions.

Three words to describe you: Loyal, comical and energetic.

Favorite hobbies: Traveling, no glove 16” softball, graphic design and origami.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Ty Pennington

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Lucy Liu

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I moved to Germany by myself and lived for a year without ever traveling outside of the U.S. prior and without having any knowledge of the local language. I even joined a German baseball team and made some lifelong friendships.

What scares you most about traveling? Lawless regions where foreigners are not highly regarded.

What excites you most about traveling? Interacting with people and cultures different from my own. Also, getting to experience different sights, smells and tastes that you cannot reproduce outside of the specific country.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I have a roundabout way of explaining my point and my direction can be vague.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Planning – Cindy loves to plan every aspect of our lives and sometimes it can be overwhelming.

DPRK/North Korea because so much is unknown about it. I’ve seen videos of the Arirang, which is a great gymnastics and performance display by more than 100,000 North Koreans. I feel this would be an incredible culture shock that I want to see and understand.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I want to share this once in a lifetime experience of The Race with my fiancé. If we do win, we will have a nice footing to start our social business venture that will be intertwined with the needs that we see around the world.

Cindy Chiang
Hometown: Chicago
Connection to your teammate: Engaged
Current occupation: Brand Manager

Describe what you do: I lead a cross-functional brand team. This includes everything from brand strategy, new products, team development, financial management to sales and marketing.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Through my corporate job, I have been faced with challenging adversity, taking calculated risks and making quick informed decisions. My job is also highly competitive and you must have a strong desire to win with solid performance. All of these skills are vital to winning The Race and I’m confident I can bring it to win it.

Three words to describe you: Determined, dedicated and passionate.

Favorite hobbies: Exercising, cooking and planning. I like to plan anything and everything.

I’m told that I’m a replica of Lucy Liu, but I would like to be similar to Lauren Conrad from “The Hills.” She is very entrepreneurial, highly accomplished, likeable and friendly.

Zach Morris from “Saved By The Bell.” Ernie loves to be the center of the action and he’s a big jokester.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I was crowned Homecoming Queen at my undergraduate university.

What scares you most about traveling? Lack of control – I’m gluten-free and it can often be a challenge to find suitable foods in new locations, especially places where there’s a language barrier.

What excites you most about traveling? I love meeting local people and understanding more about their culture and daily rituals. I find it fascinating that we are all humans, but have very different ways of living a happy life.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Ernie needs to be more direct with me. He is so easy going that he goes along with what I want, but I don’t know if that’s really what he wants.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He’s a really happy-go-lucky person with a positive attitude and outlook on life, but for some crazy reason he always gives me some round-about answer to any of my questions.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? India! I love the rich culture and history of India. I would love to see the Taj Mahal, explore the ‘triangle’ and see the white sandy beaches of Goa.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)?
I hope we will learn a lot about each other through this process. Our goal is to become entrepreneurs together and The Race will give us a solid opportunity to test our working relationship and see if we can actually work together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan and Jenna - Dating

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_ethan_jenna

Ethan Zohn
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: Change maker

Describe what you do: I travel the world inspiring people to take action and make a difference. I’m also a co-founder of the charity Grassroot Soccer, TV host, children’s book author, soccer coach and inventor.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I have the ability to see the "good" in every situation.

Three words to describe you: "Survivor," creative and athletic.

Favorite hobbies: Inventing new products, photography and jumping rope. More...

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Patrick Dempsey in "Can’t Buy Me Love."

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Cookie Monster
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Crushing cancer!

What scares you most about traveling? Bumping into my doppelganger.

What excites you most about traveling? Finding a hidden spot, off the beaten path, hanging out with locals and playing in a pick-up soccer game.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: ESP and mental telepathy.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She thinks that animals are real people and can understand what she is saying… I also kind of love it.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Peru. I want to climb Machu Picchu.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? An amazing adventure and proving that there is life after cancer.

Jenna Morasca
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate:
Dating
Current occupation: TV host/student

Describe what you do: I’m a television host on a new show, "Everyday Health." I’m also getting a masters degree in psychology at Columbia.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I’m a previous "Survivor" winner and a graduate student in psychology. Both can help.

Three words to describe you: Hilarious, outgoing and honest.

Favorite hobbies:
Horseback riding, reading, snorkeling, eating candy, playing Mario Brothers with my dad and the fitness program S Factor.

No one. I’m an original!

Adrian Grenier/Patrick Dempsey

Winning "Survivor: The Amazon" and completing my first half-marathon with Ethan.

Nothing except for crying babies.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new cultures and places.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He’s too goody-goody.

I want to go to India and Egypt because I have never been.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Time to bond and an adventure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy and Sandy - Dating

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_jeremy_sandy

Jeremy Cline
Hometown: Alamo, Calif.
Current occupation: Commercial real estate broker

Describe what you do: I market, list, sell and buy commercial real estate investment property for private capital investors.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Negotiation under pressure is a skill I’ve learned along with a great sense of direction and a strong determination to succeed.

Three words to describe you: Persistent, driven and positive.

Favorite hobbies: Basketball, traveling with friends and golf. More...

Ryan Gosling

Jennifer Aniston

Owning my own business at age 26.

What scares you most about traveling? Getting food poisoning.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing the world with a whole new perspective.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Communication for us as a team. We don’t have any experience working together under pressure.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She calls me “skinny.”

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Denmark. I have heard so many great things about the country, and I think it would be fun to learn a little more about a piece of my family's history.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)?
I hope to build a closer relationship with Sandy and learn more about who we both are. I think through the challenges and stress we will be able to figure out if we can work well together as a team.

Sandy Draghi
Hometown: Dublin, Calif.
Current occupation: Nurse practitioner

Describe what you do: I assist the surgeon in cosmetic plastic surgery cases. I also provide cosmetic dermatology procedures to patients (i.e. Botox, Restylane, laser, etc.).

How will these skills help you win The Race?
I’m very focused for hours in the operating room, and I’m also able to deal with different personalities and many cultures.

Three words to describe you: Ambitious, dedicated and compassionate.

Favorite hobbies: Learning, time with my family and friends and outside physical activities.

Rachel from “Friends.”

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? George Clooney

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My education and playing Division 1 college athletics at the University of San Francisco.

What scares you most about traveling? Sleep! I love to travel but worry about sleeping because I have difficulty at home - much less while traveling.

What excites you most about traveling? The people! I love people and want to experience new cultures, beliefs and lifestyles.

Jeremy is a great communicator and very passionate and emotional. I would love to be able to open up more and let him see that side of me as well.

Pet peeve about your teammate: My biggest pet peeve about Jeremy is his thoroughness. He is very meticulous in all that he does. I’m more of a “just get it over with” type of person. I guess I need more patience.

Italy. My grandmother was born there and I would love to see the beauty of the country.

I hope to build a stronger relationship through trust and communication and to experience the world together!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin and Jennifer - Siblings

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_justin_jenny

Justin Young
Hometown: Stone Mountain, Ga.
Connection to your teammate: Brother
Current occupation: Doctor

Describe what you do: I took time off from surgery residency and am now considering a change into emergency medicine. I plan to work part-time as an ER physician and at REI, while transitioning back into clinical training as an emergency medicine resident in 2012.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Focus, drive, attention to detail and endurance are skills essential to surviving residency. I know they will help on even the toughest legs of More...The Race.

Three words to describe you: Funny, observant and adventurous.

Favorite hobbies: Watching movies, rock climbing and skiing

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Charlie Brown

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Tina Turner

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Becoming a doctor.

What scares you most about traveling? Accidentally getting lost in dangerous areas or offending local people. I would like to represent the U.S. in a positive way.

What excites you most about traveling? The novelty of it. I love adventures, seeing new places and meeting new people.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: She shuts down when she gets hungry or sleepy and has a tendency to get really mean when this happens.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Her hunger and her sleep rage – she can get pretty irrational when she feels she has been wronged.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Fiji – from the huts on the water to the openness and beauty.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain an even stronger relationship and give her another reason to be proud of me as her big brother.

Jennifer Young
Hometown: Stone Mountain, Ga.
Connection to your teammate: Sister
Current occupation:
Special Education Teacher

Describe what you do: I teach kids to reach beyond the limits of their labels.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Teaching special education has taught me that the sky is the limit and the only stumbling block is you. Patience, caring and understanding come with this job too.

Three words to describe you: Outgoing, determined and loving.

Favorite hobbies: Reading, napping and watching TV.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Taraji P. Henson because she is classy and sassy.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Taye Diggs because he’s smart, charming and always smiling.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I’m very proud of my teaching career as a whole. It takes a special person to teach and an extra special person to teach special education.

What scares you most about traveling? Losing my passport and having to rot in some foreign prison for a crime I didn’t commit - a la "Brokedown Palace."

What excites you most about traveling?
Meeting new people and seeing beautiful places.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I’m always the kid sister in his eyes. He doesn’t always listen to me or take my word without double checking. This Race is fast and we won’t have time for that.

Pet peeve about your teammate: His whistling. Arrgh!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy. I am fascinated and caught up in the beauty of the people, art, language and architecture.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to grow closer and have a good time. We want to see the world and meet, greet and touch the people in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylani and Lisa - Friends

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_kaylani_lisa

Kaylani Paliotta
Hometown: Las Vegas
Current occupation: Cocktail waitress

Describe what you do: I’m a VIP cocktail waitress and pilates instructor.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I am used to working under pressure. I am also a technically trained dancer, so I am very agile and flexible. I am used to pushing myself beyond my limits. I am not a quitter.

Three words to describe you: Fearless, competitive and outgoing.

Favorite hobbies: Spending time with my daughter, surfing, dancing and More...scrapbooking.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Demi Moore

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kim Kardashian

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My daughter, Seneca. She is just simply amazing.

What scares you most about traveling? Right now, the world is hostile in so many places, and that can be scary going into a territory that your country has no jurisdiction over to help should something happen.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing other cultures and seeing the world. I love to travel!

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Being open to the other person’s point of view when we have our mind set on what we want to do.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes when you talk to her and she doesn’t agree, Lisa will stare at you with this blank stare and start shaking her head. And, if you are talking, you can be certain that Lisa will cut you off and she will twist anything to make herself right. Should you disagree with her she throws a fit.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I want to go to Italy. Specifically, a little town called Ponta Corva because that is where my father’s side of the family is originally from.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I want to have an amazing experience, travel the world, have new adventures, explore new cultures and build a stronger bond of friendship with Lisa. It's a once in a lifetime time chance, and I want to take it all in. I really hope to be able to look back at the experience and be able to say to myself and my daughter, "You can do anything!"

Lisa Tilley
Hometown: Las Vegas
Current occupation: Cocktail waitress

Describe what you do: When customers come to the nightclub and get a table with bottle service, I am their waitress.

How will these skills help you win The Race?
I have great communication skills and I’m forward, outgoing and very competitive.

Three words to describe you: Smart, loyal and beautiful.

Favorite hobbies: Traveling, shopping and exercising.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? People say I look like Kim Kardashian.

Demi Moore.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the first of my family to go to college.

What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick from the food.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing foreign cities and people.

Pet peeve about your teammate:
Sometimes she’s too nice and can come off as being fake.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy, because I hear it’s really beautiful!

I hope to have a fun experience, an adventure and I’m eager to do something out of the ordinary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laurence and Zac - Father & Son

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_laurence_zac

Laurence Sunderland
Hometown: Thousand Oaks, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Father
Current occupation: Yacht manager

Describe what you do: I deliver, teach and control all aspects of yachts under management – technical and mechanical.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I’m used to dealing with high levels of stress and have good endurance.

Three words to describe you: Energetic, perseverant and compassionate.

Favorite hobbies: Yachting, running and music.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? John More...Cleese

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Loving and supporting a family of eight children.

What scares you most about traveling? A plane falling out of the sky.

What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing new cultures, food and customs.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Controlling our emotions while under extreme pressure.

Pet peeve about your teammate: His ability to shift responsibility when it’s convenient.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia. I love the outback, the surf, the people and the diverse wildlife.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? To become closer to my son.

Zac Sunderland
Hometown: Thousand Oaks, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Son
Current occupation: Record-setting boat captain

Describe what you do: I captain boats all around the world doing deliveries.

How will these skills help you win The Race? My experiences dealing with sleep deprivation, foreign countries and charting will be valuable skills on The Race.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, perseverant and strong willed.

Favorite hobbies: Sailing, surfing and skating.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Johnny Knoxville

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Bill Murray

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the youngest person to sail around the world.

What scares you most about traveling? The plane crashing.

What excites you most about traveling? I love experiencing different cultures.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: It will be a challenge to always keep level headed in stressful situations.

Pet peeve about your teammate: My dad gets stuck in his ways and will not hear reason.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Cape Town, South Africa. I stayed there for three weeks on my last trip. It is a beautiful country with a great history.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? My Dad and I are definitely close and I hope we grow even closer through The Race.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liz and Marie - Twins

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_liz_marie

Liz Canavan
Hometown: Deerfield, Ill.
Connection to your teammate: Twin sister
Current occupation: Marketing assistant

Describe what you do: I just graduated from the University of Kentucky and I’m working as a marketing assistant at the Great American Group.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Even though I am at a weird stage in my life and have no idea what I want to do, I feel that I have the confidence to do anything I want.

Three words to describe you: Outgoing, adventurous, ambitious

Favorite hobbies: Swimming, hanging out More...with friends and living life to the fullest

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Charlize Theron

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Graduating college from the University of Kentucky

What scares you most about traveling? I have no fears. The worst thing has already happened to me, the passing of my Dad.

What excites you most about traveling? I love experiencing new things, different cultures and the different ways people live has always been a curiosity of mine.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are so close that we tend to pick out each other’s faults. We need to work on not fighting so much.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She is very bossy and tells me what to do all the time. Plus, she always thinks she’s right.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I have always wanted to go to South Africa. I’ve heard it is a beautiful place.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope that we stop bickering so much and learn to deal with each other’s faults.

Marie Canavan
Hometown: Deerfield, Ill.
Connection to your teammate: Twin sister
Current occupation: Soul searching

Describe what you do: I am a college graduate living my quarter-life crisis, but enjoying life and job hunting.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Because I’m looking for an adventure and I have a lot of ambition.

Three words to describe you: Compassionate, ambitious and logical.

Favorite hobbies: Going out with friends, walking around Chicago with a cup of coffee and reading.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Anne Hathaway

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Graduating college from the University of Kentucky and saving lives on the beach when I lifeguarded.

What scares you most about traveling? Not being able to communicate with people because of language barriers.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing different parts of the world and learning about their history and cultures. I’m a history nerd.

Liz needs to think through things with her brain before reacting to a situation. This is a constant issue we fight about.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She relies on me to do everything that is important and make all the difficult decisions.

Egypt, because it blows my mind how they built the pyramids. Their history and culture is fascinating to me.

I hope to gain more of an understanding of how my twin operates, and how the heck we are going to function as a team in The Race.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron and Bill - Domestic Partners

The Amazing Race (season 19)  Tar19_ron_bill

Ron Zeitz
Hometown: Laguna Niguel, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Domestic partner
Current occupation: Flight attendant

Describe what you do: I ensure that passengers have a safe and enjoyable in-flight experience.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Airport/airplanes are my second home!

Three words to describe you: Inquisitive, personable and pragmatic.

Favorite hobbies: Reading about history, exercising and I’m a doctor wanna-be. I love learning about the human body.

What famous person reminds you of More...yourself? Abraham Lincoln – I’m a history buff.

Bill Clinton

Putting myself through college at Baldwin Wallace College in Ohio.

Nothing about traveling scares me.

What excites you most about traveling? New places, new faces and new customs.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I’m very proud of our ability to communicate openly with each other. With the pressure of The Race, we will be challenged to keep it this way.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He uses a lot of word inflation.

Japan because it appears to be steeped in tradition. It’s the only country to have nuclear bombs dropped on it and still flourish.

An even stronger bond with my partner.

Bill Smith
Hometown: Laguna Niguel, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Domestic partner
Current occupation: Flight attendant

Describe what you do: I take care of and serve passengers during the flight.

How will these skills help you win The Race? Being a flight attendant and my awareness of airports/travel should be a huge help as we navigate The Race.

Three words to describe you: Energetic, positive and realistic.

Favorite hobbies: Traveling, spending time with friends and enjoying our home with Ron.

I don’t think so but some people say Nathan Lane.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? George Stephanopoulos

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Before I met Ron, I’m most proud of making life happen for myself without outside help.

What scares you most about traveling? I really don’t have any fears when it comes to traveling.

What excites you most about traveling? The unknown that awaits at every destination.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We communicate very well but I’m certain the unique environment of The Race will raise at least one or two issues along the way.

Pet peeve about your teammate: His occasional moodiness.

Antarctica, because I think it would be the most incredible experience and so few will ever have the chance to go there. I would feel very fortunate to visit.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I just want to have some time together where we can escape some of the realities of life and enjoy just being together.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:48 pm

I actually enjoyed the episode! Seeing Jenna and Ethan was good, as always! That one girl with the wierd name(random fact: she's also Rachel's BFF) losing her passport and then it just so happening to be found by the same people that we saw giving another team directions was bullshit. I also hate non-elimination legs. They make me feel like I spent a whole hour watching a show for no good reason!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:10 pm

leahtahd wrote:
I actually enjoyed the episode! Seeing Jenna and Ethan was good, as always! That one girl with the wierd name(random fact: she's also Rachel's BFF) losing her passport and then it just so happening to be found by the same people that we saw giving another team directions was bullshit. I also hate non-elimination legs. They make me feel like I spent a whole hour watching a show for no good reason!

Are you referring to Kayani? How do you know this?
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:34 pm

From her twitter: @RachelEReilly
Rachel Reilly
Can't wait 4the premier of AMAZING RACE tonight with my bestie @KaylaniPaliotta tune into CBS at 8pm!!!
25 Sep via Twitter for Android
Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 pm

When I saw the team from vegas my first thought was I wonder if they knew Rachel. I like most of the teams so far. I actually like that the first leg was NEL. I always felt bad for the first team eliminate because I felt they never really get a chance to play. The double elimination should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:29 am

I was very disappointed in last nights episode of TAR. First of all the speed bump was ridiculous, untangling a knot? really? Then the final task which orders the teams to hand over all their money and if they didnt read the sign they had to go back. Ok, a few things about this. If you are going to arrive at the pitstop only to have Phil tell you that you have to go back and give the orphanage all your money, then basically the order that people left is the order they will come back. Yes, a few who read the sign were able to check in right away but anyone who didnt and was forced to go back to give their money, pretty much got back in the same order. WHAT WAS THE POINT? Why in the world would Phil TELL them what their error was? Why wouldnt he simply say, like they have always done in the past, you did not complete your last task and you must go back and complete it before I check you in. This way they would at least have to figure out what they missed. I was sorry to see Ethan and Jenna get eliminated and my early hatred is for Earnie and Cindy. UGHHHHH, not so much Earnie is that whiny biotch Cindy. Please let them get eliminated soon! OH and the brother and sister who constantly fight? I dont remember their names but the sister is a TOTAL bitch!!!! I feel bad for her brother. All in all, its not looking like this will be one of my favorite seasons. More like one of my least favorite.
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Ethan and Jenna are the only reason I watched this season!! This whole episode just pissed me the hell off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race (season 19)    The Amazing Race (season 19)  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Race (season 19)
Page 1 of 1