BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Twist Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALThe Twist Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

The Twist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

The Twist Empty
PostSubject: The Twist   The Twist EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 3:18 am

Click the Spoiler - only if you want to know what it is

Spoiler:

So what do you think about the twist this season?

Last edited by Erika on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover
pajamajon

The Twist Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Twist   The Twist EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 3:39 am

I hate the Idea of the twist...The HS concept is nonsense because we know that they stereotype them already and this is just a way to hide it. +++ I am one of the few that Liked BB9: The forgotten season but it was not a hit because a lot of fans disliked the pairing of people as couples/teams it eliminated people from the game that we didn't want to see leave (i.e. parker and alex)... Dick hated the twist, Sweet Rick (Bunky) hated the twist, I hated the twist, and I know we are not alone.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

The Twist Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Twist   The Twist EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 3:44 am

I for one was ok with Alex leaving, actually I was MORE than ok with Alex leaving...he didn't do anything to deserve to be there. He actually did himself in by worrying about what was going on with Amanda....and for that matter Parker got caught up with the whole Amanda and Alex triangle too.

I liked season 9 way better than season 10.
Back to top Go down
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover
pajamajon

The Twist Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Twist   The Twist EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 3:47 am

You have to admit getting voted off because of someone elses action blow's its called Big Brother not the Amazing Race or Fresh Meat or biggest loser Couples
Back to top Go down
blistering
BB Lover
BB Lover
blistering

The Twist Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Twist   The Twist EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 5:41 am

Yeah I was just catching up on all that.

So far, I'm not thrilled.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

The Twist Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Twist   The Twist EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:09 am

Cliques will compete for immunity; challenge losers punished; viewers vote for food restriction

The Big Brother 11 clique twist was revealed yesterday, but more details are emerging, ones that make the show seem very, very familiar.

In a telephone interview with We Love Big Brother, executive producer Allison Grodner discusses this season’s clique twist, but also talks about how that will affect the game play, which now resembles another CBS show a bit more than it did before.

Grodner said, “This is still, I want to stress, an individual game. But what we’ve created is a system in which you want vie to be in the in crowd. If your clique is the in crowd for the week, by winning Head of Household … then it ensures your safety for the week, because you cannot nominate a member of your own clique. But, ultimately, when you vote, you’re voting as an individual, so if it’s a member of your own clique and you haven’t clicked, so to speak, you can still kick them out. What this is does is it creates a powerful, in-crowd group that switches off week to week, with the power of Head of Household, but it is still, I want to ensure people, an individual game.”

So just to get this straight: They’ve created a system in which groups of people compete in challenges, and the winning group gets immunity. That does sound brand-new and inventive! (For the record, I’m optimistic about how this will play out, but it’s sort of ridiculous to pretend this isn’t just borrowed directly from Survivor.)

She also said that houseguests will compete in challenges where one group is rewarded and one group is punished, which seems to borrow directly from the Netherlands’ version. “This season we’re going to be revealing to the houseguests, instead of your traditional food competition, we have a ‘have and have not’ competition. There will be a group that if they lose this competition, they will be subject to the worst living conditions that we’ve probably had in Big Brother, and that will include living in this horrible, sparse, just cold cold room, and having to take cold showers, and be subject to that week’s food restriction. … This is like living on a block of ice in the middle of a room under bright lights that never turn off,” she said.

That bedroom, with its steel bed, is visible in Julie Chen’s video tour of the house—a tour that reminds us why we love her, like when she says the plants in the living room are eco-friendly because they are plastic. (Um, what? Something that had to be manufactured and doesn’t contribute to the environment is eco-friendly?)

Speaking of the punishment part of the reward challenge, which is definitely more Big Brother than Survivor, Grodner said that food won’t just be restricted to slop this year. “We are sort of sick of slop ourselves, and I’m sure the viewers are like, okay, we’ve seen enough slop, what else can we do? So we’re going to throw it to viewers this season. Starting the second week, we are going to put it to a vote for the viewers to decide what the food restriction is,” she said, suggesting those items could be “sardines or lollipops or chocolate.”

Finally, Grodner said that the mystery 13th houseguest won’t be revealed until the premiere next Thursday night, not July 7 like CBS.com says, and when asked about the “recycled” houseguest theory, she said, “I didn’t even think about that; that’s very funny,” and would only say that “it’s a really fun twist.”
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

The Twist Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Twist   The Twist EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 6:30 pm