BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Survivor: Redemption Island Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALSurvivor: Redemption Island Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Survivor: Redemption Island

Go down 
+2
Erika
Lorraine
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

Survivor: Redemption Island Empty
PostSubject: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:53 am

This was a CBS Tweet from today:

CBS ANNOUNCES 16 OF THE 18 CASTAWAYS FOR "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND"
Two Former Castaways (to Be Announced Later this Week) Will Return to Seek Redemption I think we all know who they are by now eyeroll

Hit Television Series, Hosted by Emmy Award Winner Jeff Probst, will Feature a New Format Twist

Click Here to Meet the Cast (EPK)

CBS today announced 16 of 18 castaways who will compete against each other on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND, when the Emmy Award-winning series returns for its 22nd season, Wednesday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Two of the 18 castaways, to be revealed later this week, are former castaways who will return to seek redemption.

This edition of SURVIVOR will feature a new twist when, for the first time, castaways who have been eliminated from the game will have an opportunity to seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize. Each week at Tribal Council when a castaway is voted off, they will be sent to an isolated island called "Redemption Island," where they will live alone in exile. To stay on Redemption Island, they will need to compete in a duel against the next person eliminated at Tribal Council and sent to the Island. The winner of each duel earns the right to continue fighting for an opportunity to return to the game and the chance to compete for the title of Sole Survivor; the loser is sent home.

The battle unfolds in Nicaragua where the 18 castaways will be divided into two Tribes of nine: the Ometepe Tribe and the Zapatera Tribe. The tribes are comprised of individuals from all different backgrounds with the same ultimate goal: to be the Sole Survivor. While 16 of the contestants are new to the competition, two are former castaways who will be given another chance to compete for the million dollar prize and one last shot at redemption.

Castaways competing on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND (in alphabetical order):

OMETEPE: ZAPATERA:

Andrea Boehlke Mike Chiesl

Current Residence: Random Lake, Wis. Current Residence: Del Mar, Calif. Occupation: Student

Matt Elrod Ralph Kiser

Current Residence: Nashville, Tenn. Current Residence: Lebanon, Va.

Francesca Hogi Krista Klumpp

Current Residence: Washington D.C. Current Residence: Columbia, S.C.

Kristina Kell David Murphy

Current Residence: Malibu, Calif. Current Residence: West Hollywood, Calif.

Grant Mattos Stephanie Valencia

Current Residence: West Hollywood, Calif. Current Residence: Long Beach, Calif.

Phillip Sheppard Sarita White

Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif. Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.

Occupation: Technology Executive Occupation: Visual Effects Producer

Natalie Tenerelli Julie Wolfe

Current Residence: Acton, Calif. Current Residence: Oceanside, Calif.

Ashley Underwood Steve Wright

Current Residence: Benton, Maine Current Residence: Huntington Beach, Calif.

Former Castaway (TBA) Former Castaway (TBA)

Current Residence: ?? Current Residence: ??

Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Breaking! Shocking! Rob Mariano and Russell Hantz returning to Survivor for “one last shot”

Survivor Redemption Island »
by Andy Dehnart / January 13, 2011, 7:01

The worst-kept secret in reality TV casting has finally been announced by CBS: Rob Mariano and Russell Hantz are cast members on Survivor Redemption Island, playing for a fourth and third time, respectively. It’s too bad CBS and the show’s producers couldn’t just trust that their big, smart, and interesting new twist wouldn’t be enough of a draw.
Jeff Probst has been practically orgasmic at the possibility Rob and Russell would return, which served as further confirmation that it was, in fact, happening. In a press release—I mean, sorry, in Entertainment Weekly—he said, “I’m not concerned at all about any Russell fatigue — that people have had too much. If you’ve had too much of Russell, I dare say you’re not really a Survivor fan. He embodies Survivor. He’s polarizing. You hate him or you love him.” Probst says a version of the same thing in the video below.
Why did the announcement come today? I have no idea. While I understand that not all of the show’s viewers follow news online, delaying the announcement made little sense except to drag out this season’s announcements. You’d think CBS would have wanted to distract us from the cast that, at least on paper and in the preview video, seems kind of lackluster, and thus announced Rob and Russell’s return earlier this week. But instead it’s been a huge secret; Mark Burnett even lied to me last week by saying “no” when I mentioned that two former cast members were returning this season, though he quickly segued into an unrelated answer to change the subject.
The actual CBS press release offers no information other that they have been cast, and that this is their “one last shot at redemption.” (I think it’s Rob’s third last shot, but who’s counting?) As the network said earlier this week when the cast was announced, each “will join a separate tribe of new castaways at the start of the game, but it’s up to the tribe to decide if they will welcome the knowledge of an experienced veteran, or view these former castaways as a threat.”

I will never understand why this wasnt announced at the finale when they had such a HUGE audience unless they were afraid of the boos. I am a die hard Survivor fan but I am just not really looking forward to the season. I mean enough is enough. I truly think they prolonged announcing the Rob vs Russell thing because of the negative feedback from the fans. This season would have been fine as JUST redemption island with an all new cast.
Here is a sneak peak of the upcoming season.