BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALSurvivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains

Go down 
+4
Erika
Colton
Lorraine
pajamajon
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH

Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:14 pm

ugh! That was a very sad read but Jeff talked about her wonderfully...bittersweet
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Well now we know why Corrine isn't on the Villains tribe.

'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains:' Jeff Probst says Shane Powers was cut for Russell Hantz

Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 100127094157Jeff_Probst_Survivor

Jeff spilled the beans in a TV Guide preview.
CBS

"Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" was very close to having Shane Powers on board; unfortunately, the former "Exile Island" contestant had his torch snuffed by producers before filming even started.
As a part of the new "Heroes vs. Villains" preview special (which will air January 31 on the TV Guide Channel), host Jeff Probst says that "it came down to slots, and ultimately Russell [Hantz] bumped Shane out." He also added that Corinne Kaplan (from "Survivor: Gabon") was asked, but she "couldn't get out of her job." As for Jonny Fairplay, it looks like he will (thankfully) never be asked back again after quitting three days into "Fans vs. Favorites."
Now, I certainly won't complain about Russell being on this season; without him, "Samoa" would have been one of the most boring seasons in the show's history (maybe even worse than "Thailand"). However, why couldn't you replace Tyson or Randy with Shane? Tyson, as entertaining as he was, only survived three tribal councils (and he had immunity for one of them); plus, both he and Randy are more recent castaways and could've been asked back later without a problem. Shane is a character that "Survivor" needs on this show again. As for Corinne, at least we now have a reason why Danielle is part of the cast (she was likely a replacement).
Of course, there are still a number of other questionable omissions from the cast -- like Kenny, Todd, Twila, and anyone from "Borneo" -- but there are also only twenty spots (at most) per season.

Here is a sneak peak TV Guide show that will air on January 31st on the TV Guide channel. LOVE what Probst says about Fairplay!!! Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 371818 Can't wait!

Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:07 am

UGH! Corinne should've just quit! :(
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Ex-'Survivor' Crystal Cox admits to steroids, likely to lose Olympic gold

Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 1354

Crystal Cox was unable to win Survivor gold, and now the track athlete is likely to lose her Olympic gold too.
The former Survivor: Gabon castaway admitted to using anabolic steroids and has agreed to a four-year suspension and forfeiture of results from 2001 to 2004, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency announced Friday.

"You've got to give her credit for accepting responsibility," USADA chief executive officer Travis Tygart told The Associated Press.
"But hopefully this sends a strong message that if you're going to succumb to the temptation, you have to remember the terrible position you're putting your teammates in."

Cox won gold after she ran in the preliminaries for the U.S.' 1,600-meter relay team at the Athens Olympics in 2004 but will likely lose that medal for her doping admission, according to The Associated Press, which added it is unknown what the consequence will be for her teammates.

Cox's admission came following an investigation started by information from the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative case.

"Unfortunately, when one athlete cheats, all the other athletes lose out, whether it's their teammates or their competitors," USA Track and Field spokeswoman Jill Geer toldThe Associated Press. "They're all cheated out of something."

Cox was the thirteenth castaway eliminated from Survivor: Gabon during the Fall 2008 season of the CBS reality competition.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 pm

CBS announces 'Survivor' one-hour special

CBS has announced that some of Survivor's most famous players will recall their time on the show in an upcoming one-hour special.
Season one winner Richard Hatch and Survivor: Samoa's Russell Hantz are among the contestants who will be interviewed for Surviving: Survivor, which will air next week.
"Survivor changed the nature of television as we know it. For the first time, we were able to witness human behaviour responding to stress and extreme conditions on television before our eyes," said executive producer Susan Zirinsky.
"Seeing how clever individuals manipulate situations to achieve an outcome they want is really the most incredible social science experiment ever!"
Other players who will be interviewed include Heroes Vs. Villains stars Parvati Shallow, Colby Donaldson, James Clement, Cirie Fields, Stephenie LaGrossa, Jerri Manthey, Benjamin 'Coach' Wade and Tom Westman.
The special will also feature updates on past contestants Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca, Rupert Boneham and The View's Elisabeth Hasselbeck, as well as commentary from host Jeff Probst.
Surviving Surivor will air February 4 on CBS. The new season of Survivor - Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains - will premiere February 11.
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Elisabeth is going to be on? I thought she would never do anything Survivor related again...
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 pm

I knew that troll had a penis!
Back to top Go down
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover
pajamajon

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Well if the IOC knew any better and watched Crystal's season they will kno steroids didnt help her in survivor so, maybe they'll think she lucked into gold.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:38 am

Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Exclusive Interview with 'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains' Ben 'Coach' Wade
Monday, February 01, 2010
Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 Couch_survivor

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains comes a decade after Colby and Jerri competed in the Australian Outback. Tocantins was just last year. So why do I get the feeling that "Coach" Ben Wade has changed more than anyone?

Coach ruined Tocantins for me in a way few single contestants ever have. But as soon as Coach started talking about the new show I thought, "Is there something different about him? Did he get a haircut? Has he been working out?"

When I talked with JT Thomas he confirmed my sense that Coach got a new perspective on life after Tocantins. This new Coach seems younger. Less angry. More zen. I could have a cup of oolong tea with this guy.

I asked Coach how he became the person he is today, from childhood on. I tried to get him to tell me he was a changed man.

Did you grow up with philosophy?

I came from a very philosophical family, both parents of which were Christians. My father loved history and would often read to us from the encyclopedia mind that he had, telling of the Arabian Nights, or the Hanging Gardens, the Lighthouse at Athenia. This shaped me in a very profound way, as I began to think of life not only from the present, but from the past, and certianly in a more spiritual light.

How did writers like Nietzsche and Sun Tzu first become central to who you are?

Nietzsche and Sun Tzu are both warriors, one in word and the other in deed. I found myself drawn to these two historical figures and knew that if I were to plan a philosophy and strategy for Survivor, I had better draw on other profound writers instead of just myself.

You have argued that viewers saw only one side of you in Tocantins. I'm not disputing that. But, did Tocantins give you an opportunity to reflect on how you can come across to people and why?

I have argued this - That CBS did an incredible job showing one part of my personality. It is normally tempered as the forge is with water, and steam with kindness, gentleness, and encouragement. However seeing that side of me on TV allowed me to reflect and see that maybe I could push forward to be an even better man, one who was more humble, who
showed more chivalry to the ladies, and let his Christian side shine through more.

Can Survivor contestants have a truly authentic experience with nature, given that their lives are being mediated by a reality television production?

Very few people can have a truly authentic spiritual experience with nature and the creator of the universe given that there are so many people trying to vote you off, etc. But there are a few of us that truly get it, and we are forever changed. I think that Erik the Viking from the last season got it on day 20.

You succeeded in Tocantins by building a loyal core alliance. But some of your fellow Villains have shown in the past that they're only loyal to themselves. Given that, did you feel like you needed to play a different strategy?

I debated on whether or not I should have a different strategy. For me to make it out of the first round will be a miracle, because I am with a tribe who do the opposite of what I did - loyalty, respect, honor, integrity. But after thinking about it, I knew that I had to be true to myself, therefore true to my strategy.

I have heard several people suggest that players should take you to the end because you can't win Heroes vs. Villains. Are they right?

People never see the inside of the game. Perhaps it is delusional, but if I had gone to the end in Tocantins I think I would have won if I had been in JT's place. There will be a new game in
Heroes vs. Villains, and I think that the well-rounded side of me could possibly win.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains   Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm