BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALBB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

BB15 - Week 2 Discussion

Go down 
+3
sammyf
CC123
Erika
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mechanical Bliss
BB Lover
BB Lover

BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Big Brother's dead to me at this point. This season has reached a new low I should've seen coming. Apparently the show had to get this bad to break my addiction. No longer will I watch the feeds. I might still watch some episodes of the show as it goes on, but not regularly. It will just be out of nostalgia for the way BB used to be.

BB used to be fun. It used to be exciting to get on the feeds. The game itself used to be more interesting when there were fewer "twists" and more strategy. It used to be good when they cast less often from agencies' submissions in favor of more real people.

The ugliness of seemingly the majority of this cast surpasses anything before. Prior seasons have had sprinklings of awful people doing/saying awful things, but this season seems to be more than all seasons before. Week two.

Not only do we have the bigotry and general lack of intelligence, but we also have a cast dominated by people who know nothing about the game, how to play it, or even respect the rules of the game given the cheating during HoH.

Look at early seasons like BB2/BB3 when a villain was more like Dr. Will--intelligent, funny, ruthless, strategic player. Now it's just some jerk like Jeremy--dim-witted, confuses confidence with arrogance, hateful, mostly clueless player. Honestly he seems like a borderline sociopath who lacks conscience and delights in the misery of others, especially when he's the instigator.

Or look at all the ordinary folks who created so much drama and so much great game play whether it was Danielle Reyes, Marcellas/Amy, even Chicken George had some moments in All-Stars that made it worthwhile having him back. Now it's all vapid 20-somethings, essentially.

Ragan's open letter nailed what's wrong with BB also. They won't show the true ugliness of the house to try to whitewash over what other people experience being on the receiving end of that hatred. The social experiment aspect has nearly died in favor of a festival of meaningless, stupid, repetitive, borderline rigged competitions.

I just can't stomach it anymore, and it kind of makes me sad because it used to be a fun summer tradition. It's just no longer fun; it's repulsive. Sorry to hear there's no BBAD Radio this season, but given that I'm done with it too, I'll just wish everyone well and be on my way.
Back to top Go down
CC123
BB Lover
BB Lover
CC123

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I am so happy with CBS right now with highlighting the racism this past 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Mechanical Bliss wrote:
Big Brother's dead to me at this point. This season has reached a new low I should've seen coming. Apparently the show had to get this bad to break my addiction. No longer will I watch the feeds. I might still watch some episodes of the show as it goes on, but not regularly. It will just be out of nostalgia for the way BB used to be.

BB used to be fun. It used to be exciting to get on the feeds. The game itself used to be more interesting when there were fewer "twists" and more strategy. It used to be good when they cast less often from agencies' submissions in favor of more real people.

The ugliness of seemingly the majority of this cast surpasses anything before. Prior seasons have had sprinklings of awful people doing/saying awful things, but this season seems to be more than all seasons before. Week two.

Not only do we have the bigotry and general lack of intelligence, but we also have a cast dominated by people who know nothing about the game, how to play it, or even respect the rules of the game given the cheating during HoH.

Look at early seasons like BB2/BB3 when a villain was more like Dr. Will--intelligent, funny, ruthless, strategic player. Now it's just some jerk like Jeremy--dim-witted, confuses confidence with arrogance, hateful, mostly clueless player. Honestly he seems like a borderline sociopath who lacks conscience and delights in the misery of others, especially when he's the instigator.

Or look at all the ordinary folks who created so much drama and so much great game play whether it was Danielle Reyes, Marcellas/Amy, even Chicken George had some moments in All-Stars that made it worthwhile having him back. Now it's all vapid 20-somethings, essentially.

Ragan's open letter nailed what's wrong with BB also. They won't show the true ugliness of the house to try to whitewash over what other people experience being on the receiving end of that hatred. The social experiment aspect has nearly died in favor of a festival of meaningless, stupid, repetitive, borderline rigged competitions.

I just can't stomach it anymore, and it kind of makes me sad because it used to be a fun summer tradition. It's just no longer fun; it's repulsive. Sorry to hear there's no BBAD Radio this season, but given that I'm done with it too, I'll just wish everyone well and be on my way.

Love your post MB. I feel the same way as you do in most aspects. Its not fun anymore. I simply cannot stand the people who are cast year after year. This year pretty much put a fork in this show. It sickens me though that CBS is taking bows for exposing the racism from Aaryn and GM.....uhhhhh there is so much more to show. I am tired of the men in the house getting a pass for using the C word when describing woman (Spencer, Jeremy). Of course this is nothing new. Jeremy even sunk so low to talk about Elissa's child (Fuck that kid, were his words).
The light at the end of this tunnel is the end of the season when they are all set free and learn how hated they really are.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:24 pm

really good youtube vid that hi-lights (or low-lights) the hatred and filth coming from the group on HGS...they actually include the filthy way the men talk about the women. cool 

Back to top Go down
CC123
BB Lover
BB Lover
CC123

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I agree with you Lorraine. I for one am glad they showed the Racist remarks by Aaryn and GinaMarie but I just wish they would show the remarks Spencer and Jeremy say. I don't know what Elissa did to them beside entering the house and being Rachel sister but I have a feeling if lets just say Rachel had a brother and he entered instead there wouldn't be a problem at all. I'm seriously bothered how Candice Helen and Elissa are getting treated by Jeremy and Spencer. I honestly think Jeremy Never Not Pass should be revoked for these comments. One thing I liked about Big Brother Canada is when they did something to break rules they got punished. They need to be punished for Actions inside the house.

Last edited by CC123 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CC123
BB Lover
BB Lover
CC123

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Here is a video of Julie talking about the Racism on The Talk.
Back to top Go down
CC123
BB Lover
BB Lover
CC123

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 am

So they confronted Aaryn today about the comments and she's not taking the blame and saying its the fault of the people who got offended.
Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:02 am

What does everyone think is going to happen tonight. I read that it seems Mccrae flipped and is voting Nick out? Does anybody think he really will go against the MC?
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 am

sammyf wrote:
What does everyone think is going to happen tonight. I read that it seems Mccrae flipped and is voting Nick out? Does anybody think he really will go against the MC?

As much as I would love him to, I just don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BB15 - Week 2 Discussion    BB15 - Week 2 Discussion  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BB15 - Week 2 Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2