BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALThe Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

The Amazing Race Season 16

Go down 
+4
Colton
tj2377
Erika
Lorraine
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Big Congrats to J and J for finishing first in the first leg! Very nice. It was a lot of fun watching them compete last night.....I hope they make it deep into the game.

There were some pretty funny moments in last nights show....the brothers Dan and Jordan were cracking me up...not sure what the gay brothers name is but I thought his impression of the Miss teen SC was hilarious!
When Jeff and Jordan were boarding the flight to Chile, Jeff's remark to Jordan "Jordan, have you ever been out of the country before? Do you have any illegal plants or fruits on you?" The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 301583 The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 143808 vintage Jeff and I missed that...a lot!

I felt bad for Adrian but kind of knew that was going to happen. I questioned their decision to have him do this task. It did buy the grandma another week on the show and while I admire her determination, her days are numbered and I would be surprised if she made it through next week. My favorite team so far is, of course, J and J. After that, there isn't much to root for. I do like the brothers and I guess the father/daughter team is ok. I remember last season I liked a lot of teams from the start and that dwindled. Maybe this season will be the opposite. All and all, TAR rules and did NOT disappoint! The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 371818
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:17 pm

I really don't want Jody and Shannon to go! :(
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 pm

I agree, it was great they got to the pit stop 1st! and won a trip~! I am not sure who I like yet but the father daughter team had me cracking up when they were painting the wrong wall and the daughter was like do you have a clue and the guy stood there and didn't know what the hell she was talking about haha
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Erika wrote:
I agree, it was great they got to the pit stop 1st! and won a trip~! I am not sure who I like yet but the father daughter team had me cracking up when they were painting the wrong wall and the daughter was like do you have a clue and the guy stood there and didn't know what the hell she was talking about haha

I forgot about that part! LOL, yes, that was so funny. And the locals who lived their or were working there were so funny saying they were horrible and had no idea what they were doing there. Yup, lots of good laughs last night!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:44 pm

I felt bad for the couple who went home last night first. I'm sure they always wanted to go on the amazing race and they are eliminated first and didn't even make it to the pit stop... how horrible. I thought his wife should have went besides him though... he was an awfully big guy.
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:55 pm

I felt bad for the h.s. sweethearts, but of course was thrilled J/J got 1st place on the 1st pit stop of the race. AWESOME!
As for the brothers, I thought they were both gay. LOL
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:11 pm

LOL tj! Are those brothers twins? did anyone catch if they were or just close in age and look alike? lol
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
SMOOCHES

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Lorraine I agree with you, so far I don't dislike anyone, but I don't really like anyone yet. Most seasons I have a few teams I like from the start....I know this isn't the smartest bunch they ever had....lol.......As a fellow fat person, that was such a wrong decision for the HS sweethearts for him to do that road block..... That sucked they were eliminated, but he tried like hell. But that is part of the race, knowing your strengths..... Jordan made me real proud last night.... And yes that was classic Jeff with the "you don't have any illegal fruit or plants on you?"

Pissed that my VCR decided to be an ass and it recorded jacked up and there is no on demand or reruns.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Lydia Rose

Anyone else feel like talking shit to me about TAR and JJ go ahead, I'm gonna block u and tell u off,I'm allowed to cheer for other team's!via Twitter -20 hours ago

From Lydia's facebook.....hmmmm she sounds pretty bitter and jealous to me and its my understanding that she was on blogtalk last night with Chima and they were both saying that the LIVE FEEDS are edited......LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmkay. Seriously, who the fuck do they think they are fooling? The icing on the cake was that Michelle (bb10) was agreeing with them that the LIVE FEEDS are edited..... The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 143808 The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 301583

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Lydia+Chima+Michelle=LOSERS!

Anyway, my fave Jordan quote of the night:
"We need two tickets to China", when they were going to Chile! The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 143808
Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 pm

I haven't heard the interveiw yet but I read a recap I think Michelle still is saying there was banner lol. You think more than a year later she would own up to it lol.
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
SMOOCHES

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:28 am

Those are some ugly bitter bitches...Get over it! Why don't the 3 of them just ---> shoot
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 am

So far I think the challenges have been pretty weak. I was surprised to get a text saying "cowboy hate". I think Team rootin' tootin' cowboys are my favs so far. Hard to tell because it's still so early but they seem to be entertaining. The Detectives are a couple of morons. I bet they spell Jose with an H too lol

Poor Team Grandma got hit hard to the head by that cow... I felt bad for her but couldn't help but kind of laugh! haha
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 am

Not a fan of the cowboys myself and the lesbians are starting to get on my nerves as well. For women who probably get judged on a daily basis for their lifestyle, they are awfully judgemental of other people. Can't stand that. Love that they are going to have a meltdown next week!
I felt really bad for the grandma getting a hard kick from that cow but in all honesty, we knew that her days were numbered.
I too think that the challenges have been LESS than challenging. I mean really, getting the ingrediants for a pie? Dressing up like a bird and jumping off a pier?? Whats so hard about that?
Still enjoying the season but I hope it gets a little tougher.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 pm

OH MY GRAVY! They're great! Cowboys FTW! The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 5569
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:30 pm

I completely agree that the challenges have been WAY too easy this year, in comparision to previous seasons. Awww, felt SO bad for the Grandma for getting kicked in the head. Ouch!
Ugh, the lesbian couple is on my last nerve. Who are they to "grill" the cowboys as to how they got first place. They out-raced you! Get over it!
Has anyone else noticed that the cowboys are brothers, yet look NOTHING alike? Maybe they're half brothers.?
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Yeah I found that odd that they were grilling the Cowboys on how they got to first place/the route they took. Who do they think they are? I'm just not liking the Lesbians...they could go next as far as I'm concerned.

I thought it was just me thinking the challenges have been really weak but that seems to be the general consensus. As a fan of the show I'm pretty disappointed in their lack of creativity. They do a fantastic job at pointing out their contestants lack of smarts but let's not insult the viewers by thinking we're all entertained with bafoonery.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Erika wrote:
OH MY GRAVY! They're great gross! Cowboys FTW! The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 5569

oh my gravy? lol
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Lorraine wrote:
Erika wrote:
OH MY GRAVY! They're great gross! Cowboys FTW! The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 5569

oh my gravy? lol

That's what one of the Cowboys said "oh my gravy!" haha... what do you mean they're gross?!?! I don't get that... They remind me of the Globetrotters with their banter.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:04 pm

JORDEFF FTW!!! COWBOY & LESBIAN H8!
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
SMOOCHES

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 am

I'm in agreement with everyone else about the tasks being weak and not liking the lesbians. The Cowboys are still up in the air, but Erika I loved the "Oh my gravy" too........ lol!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 am

I know I've been complaining about the tasks being weak but not only that but the show for me has been anything but AMAZING. I think the contestants this season are pretty boring for the most part and I don't know if it's because I had high hopes going into it because of the crossover with Jeff and Jordan but even they are boring. Only team I am liking are the Cowboys who are doing well and are entertaining to watch. I didn't even think I'd like them at the start of the first episode, that's what I get for judging a book by it's cover! Go Cowboys!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 am

Jeff - "we should never reproduce" The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 143808

Gotta love him.

The one brother to the other brother who is on the wooden horse after hitting the ball-"you have to get down now" Brother number 2-"I like it up here" LOL

Tasks are horrible and last night was the same. I like J/J and the Father/daughter team. The rest, I could do without. The brothers are ok I guess so far. The tasks better get harder so we see some meltdowns. I love how CBS overhyped the Lesbian meltdown...whatever.
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:13 pm

I Completely agree that the lesbian meltdown was WAY overhyped. That was nothing. I'm also annoyed that the previews for next week feature them, yet again. I don't think they're interesting, whatsoever. I'm getting a little nervous for J/J, they need to step it up!
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Jordeff! <3 This leg was like hand crafted for the Cowboys.. I don't hate anyone really. The only team I have strong feelings for is Jeff & Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:16 am

Victor’s Amazing Race Blog: It’s All About Preparation

March 1, 2010

The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 Victor-jih-240Sometimes there is nothing you can do to fight fate. This week, the nine teams remaining in the 16th installment of The Amazing Race traveled to Bariloche, Argentina, for the third leg, where teams played five-card stud with a gnome, roped cattle made of hay, and either searched for buried treasure or played polo with wooden horses. In a leg designed for cowboys, it seemed fated that the cowboys Jet and Cord, who took the lead last week, would win — and they did, quite easily. It also seemed like no matter what mom-trepreneurs Monique and Shawne did, they were doomed. So, spoiler alert! In a leg far too physical for them, Monique and Shawne were eliminated. I was impressed, however, by the moms’ persistence and support for each other.
In hindsight, there really was no question Jet and Cord would win. That said, I don’t think the leg was unfair. As Jet and Cord put it, just as there’s no reason for them to complain about the advantage Carole and Brandy get as fluent Spanish speakers with the first three legs being in Latin America, others shouldn’t complain about the advantage the cowboys get in “cowboy” tasks. (Of course, I have to take this position since my sister and I got to compete in China as fluent Chinese speakers.)
So in a leg whose outcome was more an issue of fate than any mistakes, I’m going to focus my blog this week on mistakes in terms of race preparation.
Anyone who has studied The Amazing Race knows that you have to learn how to drive a manual transmission! It is laughable how bad Dan and Jordan are at driving stick. But I have to call out Brent. He should have learned how to drive stick, instead of relying on Caite! Teams know that on the Race, one person will need to be the driver and the other person will need to be the navigator. Since they know Brent is “horrible” at navigation, he should have learned how to drive stick. It is also clear Brent does not like the role of navigator since as soon as they get lost, his first instinct is to yell at Caite to figure out where they were supposed to go. (Of course, the irony here is that Caite is the one who was ridiculed nationally about geography.)
However, the biggest mistake I see in preparation this week lies with the Big Brother team — as much as I like them. As this leg highlights, Jordan defers to Jeff, who makes almost all of the decisions for the team. Most of the time, this works. Jeff makes really good decisions (like trying a different bus route last week). This week, though, he made really bad decisions. Even though he found the loot quickly, he kept taking it to the wrong person. He couldn’t figure it out even when the answer was thrown in his face — he didn’t know to take it to the train station even when Joe asked him, “Where’s the train station?” (Jeff realizes how stupid their decisions were and declares he and Jordan definitely should not reproduce.) But I don’t blame Jeff. Given fatigue and stress, there will be times where people will not be able to think properly. So I blame Jordan. As a teammate, she is supposed to be the person who steps up when her partner cannot figure things out. Going into the Race, though, it seems like Jordan and Jeff decided that Jeff would always take the lead. Though it’s good to have a leader, you cannot expect the leader to be perfect, and in those moments of imperfection, Jordan needs to be prepared to step up and contribute. Luckily, it did not prove disastrous here, but it may in the future. –Victor Jih

I liked his take on TAR. I agree with him people should not fault the Cowboys if there was a task that was to their advantage. I'm sure it was by coincidence and many times certain teams do tend to have the advantage with speaking a language or physical skills. Not to mention I believe these tasks are thought out many months prior to actually doing them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race Season 16   The Amazing Race Season 16 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Race Season 16
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next