BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALEXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE Empty
PostSubject: EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE   EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:03 am

BIG BROTHER 11: EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE

Big Brother always tells us to expect the unexpected. Over the years, players have played the game in all manner of configurations. They have hassled, harassed, and tried to throw people off their game in any number of ways. And we have had ejections from the house.

The first, season two, saw Justin threaten his housemates and physically destroy property within the BB house – a severe violation of the rules. The second, season 4, saw Scott ejected when he went into a rant over the X-Factor twist and hurl furniture. Season 6 saw threats and racial slurs. The house was warned but no ejections appear to have come from this incident. Season 8 had the Evil Dick situation, the Amber situation, and the Jen situation all erupt but no expulsions. From Season 8 on, there have been statements made, language used, and other things done that have almost led to a expulsion but no one left the house. That is until this season. (Facts checked through an almost reliable source – Wiki!)

This season alone has seen the ejection of Chima. Chima has said in interviews that she requested to leave the house. Big Brother tells us that she left the house for damaging show property (her microphone). Regardless of anything else, the Chima drama became talk of the boards and ratings for the network. Now, we’re told that Kevin has been threatened with expulsion from the house. Will it happen? Too soon for me to make a call on this.

The rules of Big Brother seem to be flexible but only to a point. Physical violence or the threat and action that could be deemed as trying to fulfill the threat are cause for a producer’s expulsion of a player. Destruction of the show’s property is another. What Chima did was obvious to all? She threw her microphone into water thus destroying the equipment. Prior to that, Big Brother had already faced a bleeped rant from her during the prime-time eviction ceremony of week 1 which probably, if aired, would have led to federal intervention and fines! There was no question that Chima destroyed property and had no respect for the rules!

Kevin now has been threatened with expulsion. His actions (and possibly Natalie’s too) seems to have gotten very close to the fine line of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable in the Big Brother rulebook. Kevin’s indiscretion seems to have started with hiding of certain props inside the Big Brother house. Were they destroyed? Apparently not as he returned them to the appropriate place but the hiding of objects could have interfered with the game play of other contestants. That he was called on this so quickly, shows that Big Brother has learned some lessons after the Chima expulsion. They are trying to maintain a sense of decorum and dignity.

Kevin’s punishment may or may not be expulsion from the house prior to an eviction ceremony. It could, like Jen, lead to a penalty vote but there is a problem there too! He’s not on the block so the punishment does not seem appropriate. It could be revealed to the house as a whole or just the HOH (which means that the house would learn of it eventually). Could Russell be taken off the block by the powers that be and Kevin reinstated? Well, anything is a possibility with this show. If so, it would be seen as effectively ruining Jeff’s time as HOH. Only time will tell (and live feed updates) as the day progresses.

This is bullshit! I recall in past seasons I believe Dick and Dani did it in season 8 and I think Natalie did it in season 9 ... I could be wrong on the seasons or who did it but I recall past house guests hiding shit or moving shit. But what I don't ever recall is BB threatening expulsion or a penalty nom.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE   EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:45 am

I dont recall anyone doing it but I dont think its grounds for expulsion regardless. In a game that consists of backstabbing, lying and underhandedness....isnt this just good game play?
Back to top Go down

EXPULSION AND THE THREAT OF BEING FORCED TO LEAVE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBAD :: BB SEASONS 1 - 15 :: BB Alumi :: Season 11 :: News & Rumors-
Jump to: