BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Glass House  Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALGlass House  Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Glass House

Go down 
+4
leahtahd
sammyf
Lorraine
bostongirl
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:35 pm

What do you think of this new show abc is doing? Will you give it a try. I will for sure. It starts in June.

'The Glass House': ABC Orders New Reality Series
Posted: 04/30/2012 5:45 pm

The Glass House, The Glass House Abc, TV News .
"The Glass House" will air on ABC. "The Glass House" is coming for you, "Big Brother." ABC has ordered new reality series "The Glass House," a "Big Brother"-esque competition series, hitting the air in June.

And in "The Glass House," viewers are in charge.

Fourteen contestants will live in a completely wired house and compete against each other for a $250,000 prize. The contestants must also impress the audience. Viewers' votes determine who goes home and the audiences can vote for their favorite player online and via social networks. Additionally, viewers have a say in which eliminated players get the chance to return to "The Glass House."

According to ABC, an online feed will be made available several times a week and viewers can vote on what the players wear, eat, what games they play and where they sleep. Feedback from viewers will also be made available to contestants.

Will you be tuning in to play puppet master with the contestants of "The Glass House"?

"The Glass House" premieres Mon., June 18, 10 p.m. ET on ABC
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:19 pm

I was certainly give that a try!! I mean if I can watch Flavor of Love, I can certainly give this a try...lol. Thanks for posting this, I hadn't heard about this show!
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:11 pm

The good thing is it starts almost a month b4 BB, so it can be kinda like a warm up.

The other thing is ..I 'm going to try not to compare it to BB and nit pick it. It cant be exactly like BB so we have to watch and review it for what it is and with an open mind.

I hope my summer shows deliver because my winter/spring shows really didnt do much for me. I have not been enjoying DWTS (but nothing else has been on). I've even been only tuning into the end of amazing race to see if Bren and Rach are still there. I have never been a survivor fan but i did tune in until colton left. Even my Atlanta housewives didnt bring it like they usually do.

I really did enjoy Shah's of Sunset and the Jersey housewives never disappoint !!!
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:00 pm

not to push this show on anyone but here is a little more info on how things will work.......

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php/2012-03-28-21-54-02/abc/95-the-glass-house/1046-the-glass-house-viewers-can-vote-and-watch-online
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh NO..its on and poppin with CBS and ABC...................................................................

Glass House’ Too Similar to ‘Big Brother’?
CBS thinks so, and they're doing something about it. Zing!

CBS caught wind of the upcoming ABC reality show, The Glass House, and let’s just say they are not amused with it’s similarities to their own Big Brother.

They have fired off Cease & Desist letters to the top executives at ABC as well as Big Brother veterans who now work for ABC and the new show.

CBS lawyer Scott Edelman stated: “In the strongest possible terms, we must admonish ABC and anyone involved in the development or production of Glass House that they will be acting at their own peril if they continue to proceed in this manner and that CBS has instructed us to pursue all available remedies if this course of conduct continues.” (THR)

As it turns out, there’s quite a large group of former staff from CBS’ Big Brother who have been working on the show. Those people include ABC alternative development executive Corie Henson, staffers Kenny Rosen and Mike O’Sullivan and more than a dozen others. This according to Cease & Desist documents which read:

“Even worse, CBS is informed that Glass House is being produced by a team of at least 18 former members of CBS’ Big Brother production staff — all of whom were privy to trade secrets and other confidential, proprietary information and signed broad and binding non-disclosure agreements in connection with Big Brother.”

Fans of Big Brother were also quick to point out the similarities between the two shows. Most were intrigued by the show and said they would be tuning in, but also added the show could never compare to their true love, Big Brother.

Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:36 pm

I am not surprise by this. Glass house is exactly the same as Big brother its not even a different spin on it. The fan voting may be different from our version but all the international version of Big Brother work that way. I am so surprise that so many ex workers are working on the Glass House, I wonder what happened there esp. with Mike O. With so many working on Glass House I'm guessing new blood might be a good thing for BB.
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:48 pm

I guess it was okay for Cbs to knock off the view with the Talk but when the shoe is on the other foot its whole different thing.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:44 pm

bostongirl wrote:
I guess it was okay for Cbs to knock off the view with the Talk but when the shoe is on the other foot its whole different thing.

ahhhhh excellent point! They need to get over themselves. Every reality show rips off another reality show. Its pretty much the same reality show recycled over and over again with a different gimmick. Each week someone goes home until the last person standing wins money. Maybe it will put some life into the producers of big brother and their cheapness and old, stale ideas.
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Lorraine wrote:
I was certainly give that a try!! I mean if I can watch Flavor of Love, I can certainly give this a try...lol. Thanks for posting this, I hadn't heard about this show!

They really should bring Flavor Of Love back... *sigh* the good ol' days of Pumkin spitting on New York....
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:16 pm

leahtahd wrote:
Lorraine wrote:

They really should bring Flavor Of Love back... *sigh* the good ol' days of Pumkin spitting on New York....

LOL total train wreck show but I loved it!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:17 am

Here is the inside scoop on what to expect from ABC’s New Reality TV Show “The Glass House”.
The Glass House is set to premičre on June 18th, 2012, where 14
contestants will compete in weekly challenges to gain the admiration and
votes of the viewing public for the chance to win $250,000.
Glass House  About_the_glass_houseAbout “The Glass House”
On the premiere, 14 contestants will enter the house and compete in
challenges that America will be deciding what happens in the house.
Every week one contestant will be evicted from the house, where the last
contestant remaining in the house wins the $250,000.

What choices will America get to make?
The viewing audience will get the opportunity to vote on a number of
things that affect the contestants in the house. America will have the
power to decide who goes and who stays, in addition to controlling other
things such as what the contestants eat, what they wear, where they
sleep. Most importantly America will also get the chance to vote to
decide who returns to the house after being evicted.

How will a contestant be removed from the house?
Following the loss of a challenge the losing team’s captain and another
team member from the losing team that the house votes on will go into
“LIMBO”.

What is “LIMBO”?
“LIMBO” is a section of the outside area of the house where the two
contestants will go until one of them is permitted to re-enter the
house.

How are Team Captains chosen?
The two contestants with the lowest votes from the viewing public will be chosen as the team captains for the week.

How can a contestant return to the house?
The viewing public decides by voting on who they want to return to the
house. America has all the power to decide who returns and who doesn’t.

What happens to the contestant that America does not pick to return to the house?
The contestant that is not chosen to return to the house will be eliminated from the game permanently.

How many television episodes will air of “The Glass House”?
The Glass House will air 10 television episodes during the first season of the reality show.

How will I be able to decide what happens in the house?
You will be able to manipulate a number of events in the house through a
Live Stream Voting System, Daily Voting and also by picking your
favorites in the house.

Live Stream Voting, what is it?
Live Stream Voting allows you the real-time ability to influence the events in the house during the live stream.

Daily Voting, what is it?
Daily Voting will allow the viewing public to vote on a number of events
that influence the house throughout the day, including being able to
vote on who should return from “LIMBO”. The results of Daily Voting will
impact the television episodes.

What is the reason for voting for favourites?
As the viewing public you will be able to vote for as many or on as few
of the contestants as you would like to remain in the house. At the
conclusion of the voting period, the two contestants with the least
amount of votes will become the team captains for that week’s
challenges.

How often does the Live Stream occur?
Monday for 4 hours from 8pm to 12am (PST) and again from Tuesday – Thursday at 12pm (PST)

How do I audition to be on “The Glass House”?
ABC casting directors will be doing a nationwide search for “dynamic,
competitive, energetic and outgoing individuals with audition held in
Los Angeles, Pheonix, Austin, and Boston. If you are not able to make it
to these locations you can send a photo and an email description to ABC Casting information
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:33 am

If anyone's interested, here's the cast videos

http://abc.go.com/search?search=glass+house
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:35 am

leahtahd wrote:
If anyone's interested, here's the cast videos

http://abc.go.com/search?search=glass+house

To me it feels like they're all in a Dove commercial or something. We'll see how this goes...
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:11 am

ROBIN

MIKE

KEVIN

ERICA

JOY

APOLLO

ANDREA

ALEX

STEPHANIE

ASHLEY

JACOB

GENE

MELISSA
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 pm

well at least they look like normal people and not a bunch of models
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:00 am

I haven't watched the videos yet, but I'll probably watch the first show (hopefully with an open mind), just to see how it is. I can't imagine how invested we the viewers will be with a 1 hour episode at 10pm EST one night a week with about 7 hours of live stream (will this be uncensored and is there a fee?). LOL bitch bitch bitch
This all just seems like the way of networks flooding the TV with similar content. (I.e, American Idol, The Voice, Duets, etc.). There are no more fresh ideas?!
Back to top Go down
justin91
BB Fan
BB Fan
justin91

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:22 am

I don't know if i"ll be checking this out, correct me if i'm wrong but this seems to be the first rip off of big brother that i have seen on american TV. It surprises me that a show going into its 14TH season is just know getting copy cats. it could be just me but WTF lol
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm

It's interesting how many BB fans I've read complaining about this show already from the looks of the cast to it not being a 24hr live feed.

I'll tune in and give it a chance. I have never seen any entire cast of BB as being anything more than mediocre. Sure there have been good looking people on the seasons but never has there been an entire cast of good looking people or even half the cast for that matter. I mean c'mon look at some of the people BB has had on.... Chicken George, Ronnie, Cowboy, Michelle BB10, Michele BB11, Lydia, Natalie BB11, Nakomis, and the list goes on and on. I've never agreed when other BB fans complain how they always cast "models" or "pretty people" for BB.

As for Glass House not having a 24/7 live feed. Thank God! I can barely keep up with BB's season. Besides I used to ONLY watch the CBS show for BB for many seasons before I got the feeds and I felt just as invested as I was once I started watching the feeds.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Erika wrote:
It's interesting how many BB fans I've read complaining about this show already from the looks of the cast to it not being a 24hr live feed.

I'll tune in and give it a chance. I have never seen any entire cast of BB as being anything more than mediocre. Sure there have been good looking people on the seasons but never has there been an entire cast of good looking people or even half the cast for that matter. I mean c'mon look at some of the people BB has had on.... Chicken George, Ronnie, Cowboy, Michelle BB10, Michele BB11, Lydia, Natalie BB11, Nakomis, and the list goes on and on. I've never agreed when other BB fans complain how they always cast "models" or "pretty people" for BB.

As for Glass House not having a 24/7 live feed. Thank God! I can barely keep up with BB's season. Besides I used to ONLY watch the CBS show for BB for many seasons before I got the feeds and I felt just as invested as I was once I started watching the feeds.

At first people were complaining that it was too similar to BB, now people are complaining that it isn't similar enough! I'll watch the show, probably won't watch any of the feeds, even if they're free. Big Brother is enough, if not too much, for me in the summer. I'm just hoping that this lights a fire under Alison's ass. BB doesn't need a total makeover, just some tweaks would be nice. Overall I don't expect much from Glass House, just some entertainment during a season when not much other than BB is on.
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:12 am

That's it! I'm gonna throw stones.... nothing to add
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:18 am

nicolefan75 wrote:
That's it! I'm gonna throw stones.... nothing to add

At the housemates? That's what I call a good twist!
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:21 pm

http://www.abctheglasshouse.com/inside-the-glass-house/

This house is far better than the BB house! Has a BBUK feel to it!
Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Is anybody watching the feeds right now?? They are playing a game to see if their answers match up with the publics.
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
bostongirl

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:45 pm

I am watching and I dont get the point of these feeds and they are not what i expected...its like... so what, who cares? They knew exactly when the feeds went on so they are not natural.
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:09 pm

sammyf wrote:
Is anybody watching the feeds right now?? They are playing a game to see if their answers match up with the publics.

How do we get to the feeds?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glass House  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass House    Glass House  Empty

Back to top Go down

Glass House
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next