BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALDear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB)

Go down 
+11
keisha601
justin91
bostongirl
Mechanical Bliss
leahtahd
CC123
Jay
pajamajon
nicolefan75
Lorraine
ChicagoMark
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mechanical Bliss
BB Lover
BB Lover

Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB)   Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Here's something I've been reconsidering lately: eliminate the jury.

Or at least substantially change how it works.

Supposedly it was introduced after the BB3 debacle where one of the greatest players of BB lost, albeit to another deserving (but not as deserving) winner. But have personal votes really been eliminated from the game this way?

Maybe sequester is still necessary. I can see why it's "fair" for DR sessions to be kept secret from those deciding the game because when you're in the DR, you expect it to be private.

But maybe they should at least give the jurors access to the live feeds in addition to just seeing the competitions and the winners of them. That's just too narrow a perspective. With the feeds, they can see for themselves what goes on without the filter of hearing it through the newest juror.

I just think that the way it's set up actually forces people to stew in their bitterness and emotions of the game. Maybe if they were more involved in what goes on in the house after their eviction and are allowed to discuss game in the Jury House, it might result in votes given to the best player.

Sure, there are always circumstances where the vote is automatically personal--like even Brendon would vote for Rachel if she was F2 with Dr. Will--but it's kind of dull that way as a fan.
Back to top Go down
mikked

PostSubject: Re: Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB)   Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 am

First the good, I liked the Vets vs Newbies approach & since there is a year between shows unlike Survivor I think there is a lot less interest in new potential players. In fact this season would have been a wash out if only the new players were on hand. They did not bring a lot to the table & maybe under different scenarios they might have stepped up, yeah maybe! Not a whole lot there. The Vets came across as real & that's what the fans want, that generated the interest. Allison, take a note no more Adam. Aside from the no no of blocking Julie's camera shot in the finale he just came across as creepy ( especially on Showtime). He appealed less to everyone as the show went on & he got more exposure, please lose this guys' resume. Even though on twice in a row do everything under the sun to get Rachel Reilly back, she transformed, dominated, morphed, fill in the blank but above all meant everything to this season, pure gold, more Rachel. Almost ditto for Jeff, he was great & both these 2 minus their potential spouses are a big draw for the show. Next season lets get 2 hours or more for the final. I feel everything got squeezed to the point that guests didn't get to talk ( like Survivor RI) the jury in their sequestered location got only a couple of minutes & you can't waste minutes on recap with a 90 minute format. In a way you kind of used the BB finale to push everything Survivor & believe me the fans noticed. Survivor got the benefit of the earlier start time & the early bb audience & if BB was squeezed then this RI2 episode was stretched, didn't have to be 90 minutes. If you want to play it that way start Survivor at 7:30 then BB at 9 & give them 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB)   Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:19 pm

mikked wrote:
First the good, I liked the Vets vs Newbies approach & since there is a year between shows unlike Survivor I think there is a lot less interest in new potential players. In fact this season would have been a wash out if only the new players were on hand. They did not bring a lot to the table & maybe under different scenarios they might have stepped up, yeah maybe! Not a whole lot there. The Vets came across as real & that's what the fans want, that generated the interest. Allison, take a note no more Adam. Aside from the no no of blocking Julie's camera shot in the finale he just came across as creepy ( especially on Showtime). He appealed less to everyone as the show went on & he got more exposure, please lose this guys' resume. Even though on twice in a row do everything under the sun to get Rachel Reilly back, she transformed, dominated, morphed, fill in the blank but above all meant everything to this season, pure gold, more Rachel. Almost ditto for Jeff, he was great & both these 2 minus their potential spouses are a big draw for the show. Next season lets get 2 hours or more for the final. I feel everything got squeezed to the point that guests didn't get to talk ( like Survivor RI) the jury in their sequestered location got only a couple of minutes & you can't waste minutes on recap with a 90 minute format. In a way you kind of used the BB finale to push everything Survivor & believe me the fans noticed. Survivor got the benefit of the earlier start time & the early bb audience & if BB was squeezed then this RI2 episode was stretched, didn't have to be 90 minutes. If you want to play it that way start Survivor at 7:30 then BB at 9 & give them 2 hours.

We like new posters! Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 695108

I kind of feel like the newbies were casted this season to play an inferior role to the vets, pretty much they played their parts just how they wanted them to be. I'm mainly referring to the ones who didn't seem to play their own game like Adam, and Shelly for the first part of the game when she was working for Jeff and Jordan.

Too much vet ass that was being kissed. I don't really think BB wanted any true standouts this season coming from the newbies, I think they were wanting a vet to win it. You will only see my point in saying that if you believe like I believe in that they always tend to have a chosen one that they would like to win each season and they kind of help them along the way with their "expect the unexpected" manipulations.

As for the finale that was very much squeezed into 90mins. I agree with you, Survivor really didn't need to be 90mins. I kind of felt like it dragged on and it could've and should've been 60mins. But we all know when it comes to these 2 shows Survivor trumps BB.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB)   Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Allison Grodner (Ideas for the future of BB)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2