BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALAlison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments

Go down 
+3
leahtahd
CC123
Lorraine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Empty
PostSubject: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Big Brother’s Most Memorable Moments

Shocking moves, crazy mistakes and plot twists—oh, my!

CAN YOU BELIEVE TV’s “roommates secluded in a house” reality show has been capturing America’s attention for nearly 13 seasons?(In case you’ve been living without electricity: Big Brother, hosted by Julie Chen, follows people living in a house outfitted with more than 52 cameras and 95 microphones recording their every move, 24 hours a day. Each week, the houseguests vote someone out of the house.)

To kick off the new season, we asked executive producer Allison Grodner to round up her 10 favorite moments from the past 12 seasons. “What can I say?” Grodner says. “They’re all my babies. It’s hard to have a favorite, but there are some that are just such ‘wow’ moments for us. It’s a roller-coaster ride, and that’s what I love about Big Brother. It really is unfolding live—not only in front of the audience’s eyes but before our eyes. We set everything in motion and we do everything we can to make it the best season as possible, but it’s a reality show. And it really is one of the most real reality shows out there. The right things are set in motion, and whatever happens, happens.”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-131197157252450No. 10: ENZO REVEALS “THE BRIGADE” TO BRITNEY (SEASON TWELVE)
A secret alliance formed the first week made it to the end of the game without anyone having a clue of its existence. When it got down to “the Brigade” and Britney left in the house, it was time to finally let the cat out of the bag. Britney was shocked and devastated when she realized her chance at the half-million had just disappeared.
Grodner’s take: “This moment was big because Britney and many of the otherplayers were huge BB fans and very smart, but yet continuously said, ‘This is a strange season, because there don’t seem to be any alliances.’ But indeed, it was one of the strongest alliances that ever existed in Big Brother.”

No. 9: DICK AND DANIELE WIN BIG BROTHER (SEASON EIGHT)
When they came face to face on opening night, estranged father and daughter “Evel” Dick and Daniele Donato were shocked that they’d be stuck in a house together. Over the summer, the two not only mended their relationship, they managed to be the last two left standing on finale night.
Grodner’s take: “We couldn’t have scripted it any better. They hadn’t actually spoken in about a year, and they did not expect each other to be in that house that night. It was really interesting to see that it started very cold and rosty, but you could tell the love was there. Some of the best scenes we’ve ever had on the show weren’t even about the game, they were about pure human drama. By the end, to see them sitting side by side was something we could have never predicted.”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-1311971683542741No. 8: DICK AND JEN AND THE CIGARETTES (SEASON EIGHT)
Dick and Jen spent the summer fighting and in the ultimate act of revenge, Jen decided to destroy Dick’s cigarettes. The result was a blowup for the ages that ended in Jen breaking her food restriction and eating a turkey burger to get kicked out of the house.
Grodner’s take: “Dick and Jen—for whatever reason, Jen just got on his last nerve. He could not help himself—he just kept going at her. And she finally decided to get back at him. We were watching, going, ‘Oh, boy, an explosion’s about to happen.’ ”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-1311971769939860No.7 : THE “EX FACTOR” OPENING NIGHT (SEASON FOUR)
Six houseguests discovered they would be locked inside the BB house for the summer with their ex-boyfriends and girlfriends.
Grodner’s take: “This was a great moment because it was the first time we did a big casting twist. The idea was to surprise people by having to be locked in the house for the summer with their exes. It’s probably everyone’s worst nightmare, and it was for this group. When the two groups came together, jaws were on the floor.”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-1311971858364146No. 6: THE GOLDEN VETO (SEASON THREE)
Nominated and facing eviction, Marcellas won the Golden Veto and the opportunity to keep himself in the game. On eviction night, he shocked the house and the audience when he chose not to use the veto to save himself and trust his roommates instead. He was promptly sent packing, even though he had been cocky enough not to pack his bags.
Grodner’s take: “This will go down in history as the worst play of all time. It’s known as the Golden Veto Mishap. It was incredibly cutthroat competitive. He was walking out of the house with clothes streaming out of his arms. Then he walked in Julie’s studio, and Julie whacked him over the head with her script, and it was one of those moments we’ll never forget.”

No. 5: KAYSAR IS VOTED BACK INTO THE HOUSE (SEASON SIX)
More than 5 million viewers voted to send fan favorite Kaysar back into the house and into the game. He lasted one week after being tricked into handing a 14-hour endurance challenge win to his archenemy, Jen.
Grodner’s take: “Kaysar’s family was from Iraq, and we had just entered war with Iraq. He talked a lot about his culture and his religion, and we knew he was incredibly likable, and this was an incredible testament to him and to the audience that they wanted him back in the house at such an interesting moment in history.”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-1311972630251117No. 4: DR. WILL’S VETO SPEECH (SEASON SEVEN)
One of the best players in BB history gave an unforgettable speech early in the All-Star season telling every houseguest that he hated them all equally and warning them to get rid of him. Of course, they chose not to vote him out, then had to sit back and watch as he almost won the game for the second time.
Grodner’s take: “Dr. Will was one of the most dynamic, interesting and charismatic people to ever play. Everyone knew his strategies, and he made it to the final four.”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-1311972788981933No.3: AMERICA’S PLAYER REVEAL (SEASON TEN)
Throughout the summer, America secretly controlled a player in the game. The houseguests had no idea until it was revealed on finale night that their roommate Eric had secretly been doing the viewers’ bidding the whole time.
Grodner’s take: “We were looking for a way to have the viewers become alot more interactive with the show, so we gave them a player. America controlled his vote, and that was interesting. He was sort of playing his own game.”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-1311972967534983No. 2: JEFF USES THE COUP D’ÉTAT (SEASON ELEVEN)
After being awarded secret power to overthrow the head of household by the viewers, Jeff chose to shock his roommates and use it on eviction night. By saving his pal Russell and sending villain Jessie out the door, he changed the course of the game. The Jessie alliance, overwhelmed by his sudden eviction, held an impromptu memorial, crying and carrying on as if he had died. The result was one of the most melodramatic and unintentionally hilarious moments ever on Big Brother.
Grodner’s take: “America voted for someone to have the Coup d’État. Jeff was flattered to get it, although he couldn’t pronounce it—which was a funny moment. He knew he had to get rid of his archenemy, Jessie. So he did. They were speaking about Jessie as if he had passed away. It was so over the top.”

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Media-3-original-1311973052387250No. 1: THE TWIN TWIST REVEAL (SEASON FIVE)
Unknown to the houseguests, a pair of twins played the game as one person, secretly switching out in the diary room. Halfway through the season on the live show, Julie revealed the secret to the house as one person suddenly became two.
Grodner’s take: “With Big Brother, it’s always about how long a twist like this can last. They could’ve been discovered on the first day; every time they switched, we’d watch the monitors and hope they’d make it. They could have blown it—and almost did on a number of occasions. We didn’t anticipate that the people in the house would be so self-involved that they wouldn’t notice the differences between the women. But if you’re not looking for it, why would you?”
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Those were definitely some of my favorite moments as well...good read. Ok, so what are some of your favorite moments? Some of my all time favorite moments are.....

BYE BYE BITCHES!!! Loved it loved it loved it! Dustin getting evicted, another hi-light, Sheila going out final 3 in season 9 and crying fake tears...LOVED IT!!

I want to hear everyones fav moments!!

Sidenote: why doesnt Grodner get a clue and have endurances that have the potential to last 14 hours anymore???
Back to top Go down
CC123
BB Lover
BB Lover
CC123

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 pm

10. Rachel and Ragan Fight.
9. Dick and Jen Fight with the cigarettes
8. AWKWARD HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Bb10)
7. Floaters Grab a life Vest
6. The Twins Reveal
5. Chima's Meltdown
4. Dr.Will and Boogies Diary room phone calls
3. The Pressure Cooker.
2. Dustins Face Getting Evicted
1. Bye Bye Bitches celebrate
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm

10) Natalie gives Sheila HOH
9) Amber loses her damn mind on Eric
8) I'm back BITCHES!
7) six finger plan
6) Michelle gets the uni
5) Chima's meltdown
4) Jen destroys Dicks cigarettes
3) Janelle vs Beau
2) Jameka prays on jack shack while Jen, wearing a bunny suit, asks for a white belt
1) Marcella doesn't use the veto
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 pm

I just remembered another one....Kaysar "I sealed your partners fate" to maggot!!! GOOD TIMES!!!! Oh and Howie going off on Busto!!!

Leah, ROTF@ Jameka praying on the jack shack,....soooooooooo funny!!
Back to top Go down
MissChriss
BB Lover
BB Lover
MissChriss

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Yall lists are much better. I don't know what the hell AG's been watching. NO one even talks about the twin twist! S4, S5 and S13 are my least fav seasons.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Geez MC!! Where ya been!!! Nice to see you!
Back to top Go down
MissChriss
BB Lover
BB Lover
MissChriss

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 pm

lol, soorrry. I'm not liking this season or this cast at ALL. So I haven't really been listening to chats and stuff.

I did get Showtime for the first time and that's been pretty much a snooze. The 2 people I really liked (Dani and Dom) probably have no shot at winning this crap.

I did hear that Matt's show is going on hiatus so does that mean you guys aren't moving yet?
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 pm

MissChriss wrote:
Yall lists are much better. I don't know what the hell AG's been watching. NO one even talks about the twin twist! S4, S5 and S13 are my least fav seasons.

I hate the twin twist, but that could just be because I hated the twins. Who the hell even knew which was which?! I might would have liked it better if it had been Dianne or Drew with their twin. At least they were likable!
Back to top Go down
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover
pajamajon

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 pm

MY TOP 11 IN NO SPECIFIC ORDER

-Dr. Will's Final Plea Speech
-Nakomis designs the 6 Finger Plan
-Marcellas doesn't use the Golden POV to save himself
-Peanut Butter Bikinis
-Janelle and Beau Fight
-BB10 Puppet Show
-The Banner Plane of BB8 that ruined Eric's Game
-Evel Dick pours Ice Tea on Jen
-Zach and Dick's Endurance Comp
-Russell tormenting Ronnie
-Parker looking for the "Snake" in the House
Back to top Go down
Mechanical Bliss
BB Lover
BB Lover
Mechanical Bliss

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:38 am

Her list isn't bad except The Brigade reveal, Will's stagey speech, and the Coup d'Etat seem a bit overblown.

Dustin's eviction is one of the all time classic evictions. Bye bye bitches was probably one of the most intense comp wins.

The six-finger plan is what stands out more than the twin twist for me. The reveal was intense, though, because the twins were initially popular. Then they both arrogantly busted into the house and turned all evil. I think that's why people don't look back on that twist as fondly anymore precisely because they went from liked to hated.

It's like with BB4. I think on premiere night, that casting twist reveal was definitely intense. And back then, the cast wasn't a bunch of recruited models and casting twists were unprecedented, so the shock felt so much more authentic. But then, people started hating the HGs and that season (it's underrated, imo, but not great), and thus won't look back on that twist fondly either.

All time favorite was probably the Pressure Cooker. It's the ultimate competition: endurance, physical and mental, also strategic/social, lasted so long (a feeds extravaganza!), and was a relatively pivotal, or at least emotionally exciting point in the BB6 game.

Oh, and I like your list, PJ. It has some of those somewhat obscure moments that were still somehow pretty memorable.
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 am

I have to agree with Nakomis' six finger plan as being much more memorable from Season 5 than the twin reveal, thus causing Big Brother to tweak the game going forward with only having six players play for the veto.
Danielle Reyes BB3 diary room sessions was also a big deal causing Big Brother to form a group of 7 jury members being sequestered to vote for the winner of the game in future seasons.
I still liked the eviction of Jessie in BB10, blindsiding HOH April.
BB4 Scott going psycho in the house throwing dining room chairs all over the place and flipping off the producers.
Marcellas not using the first golden power of veto on himself
Amy being voted back into the house in BB3 (Lisa not voting for her showmance Eric), changing the whole direction of the game.
BB9 Amanda passing out then having a seizure (this moment on the feeds literally drained the blood out of my face)
Coup d'état drama of BB11- Chima's expulsion
The first expulsion of a houseguest in Big Brother 2- Justin holding a knife to a toxicated Krista's throat threatening to kill her.
BB9 Natalie dropping out of an endurance comp giving Sheila the HOH and evicting Natalie
Kaysar letting go of the button in the pressure cooker endurance comp giving the HOH to the opposite side of the house causing him being backdoored after just being voted back into the house by America.
Back to top Go down
MissChriss
BB Lover
BB Lover
MissChriss

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Nicolefan75, yours are really good. The Amanda and Alison incidents were so scary to watch.
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 pm

MissChriss wrote:
Nicolefan75, yours are really good. The Amanda and Alison incidents were so scary to watch.

Thanks MissChriss!! I am not wishing for something this terrible to happen again, but I bet the feeds would shut down a lot quicker if something this chilling were to happen to another houseguest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments   Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments Empty

Back to top Go down

Alison Grodners Top Ten most memorable Big Brother moments
Page 1 of 1