Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTAL
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Share | 

BB12 Britney Haynes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 am

Oh no! That's terrible!!!!
The post in the link has been removed.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 am

'Big Brother' contestant's Hillcrest home burns
By Gavin Lesnick

LITTLE ROCK The Hillcrest home of a contestant on the CBS reality show "Big Brother" was destroyed early Wednesday, the same day she is to appear on the program's live finale.

Laura Grisham said her son, Nick Grisham, was awakened by the blaze at the home on the corner of Van Buren Street and Lee Avenue. Nick Grisham, who made it out without injury, is the fiance of Britney Haynes, the 23-year-old woman eliminated from winning the reality competition in last week's episode. She is slated to vote for the show's winner in tonight's finale.

Laura Grisham said the couple picked out the home and that her son helped move Haynes' belongings into the residence in July after she left to appear on "Big Brother," where she is sequestered from the outside world.

Nick Grisham called the producers to let them know about the fire, Laura Grisham said.

"He told them what happened and they agreed they wouldn't say anything to Britney," Laura Grisham said. "She can't do anything. The final show is tonight and it's live."

Nick Grisham went back inside to rescue the couple's two dogs and family members have been able to salvage some possessions, Laura Grisham said.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation, fire officials said. Laura Grisham said her son had been grilling and it's believed that somehow sparked the blaze.

The house was fully involved when crews arrived about 1:30 a.m., said Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon. It took about an hour-and-a-half to get the fire under control.

The fire did not appear suspicious early-on, Hickmon said.

"But in the daylight hours and then you start interviewing people, that might change," he said. "But we don't have any reason to believe it would be (suspicious)."

A complete damage estimate has not been completed, but Hickmon said the house is believed to be a total loss.

Here is a post from Nick on Jokers....

The fire started at around 1:30 am CST and I awoke at around 2 am to the crackling sound (which I thought was hail). I went back to bed for a few minutes and heard a window break. At this time, I knew something was wrong. I walked in the hallway and saw the flames and smoke coming from the bathroom window. I then ran and grabbed my bags that I had packed for today's trip to LA and headed outside. Both dogs were still inside at the time. I found Molly (Brit's dog) first and through her in the front yard. There were several people outside at the time yelling at me to not go back inside. I then went back in to find Porter and at this time, the dark smoke was about head high. After about 3 minutes of searching with a flashlight, I found Porter hid in a corner behind a chair. We all made it out okay fortunately.

After about an hours worth of extinguishing, everything was under control and the damage was done. I was then allowed to go inside to check out the damage. The screened in porch on the back of the house was completely gone, one of the back bedrooms was completely black with fire and smoke damage, and the bathroom and other bedroom were damaged pretty badly as well. The entire attic was on fire as well. With it being an old house, it was not very "fire friendly".

I then spent the next 4 hours with my parents and my best friends getting our belongings that were salvageable out of the house. Most everything was drenched in water. Britney's dad and step-mom also made the 3 hour drive down to help with this tragedy which was very thoughtful. After a final inspection, I'd say that about 50% of our belongings were lost.

I now know that belongings that may have been lost are no where near as important as a life or the life of a pet. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. I was told multiple times that I was very lucky to make it out okay since the fire was so strong and that I was alseep at the time. Also, the smoke detector did not ever go off. Good thing I changed the batteries in that thing a couple weeks back, eh?

I am still planning on flying out to LA today at Noon. I will be low on energy and emotionally drained, but it something I cannot miss. I have the support of Britney's parents and my family to go on and that things will be taken care of when I return. We are blessed to have such supportive friends and famiily.

Please just continue to keep us in your prayers. Things happen for a reason and I know that only good will come out of this mess. I am going to do my best to go enjoy my time in LA and San Diego with my Brit now!

Thanks again all.

Nick

Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 am

Thank God Nick and their pets are safe. I would have done exactly what Nick did and ran back in for my dog.

tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am

Ugh, I just feel so bad for them. Of course, it's wonderful that no one was hurt, but how devastating.
Back to top Go down
Mechanical Bliss
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:12 pm

That's definitely sad but at least everyone, pets included, came out of the situation safely.

If anyone ever needed that grand prize money (I know, I know, it's a game and it's not about need it's about the game) it's her. I hope she wins America's Choice, at least, to restart their life. That's horrible news to come out of a relatively superficial reality/game show after being isolated for 2.5 months. She seems like a resilient person though and Nick seems like a nice guy, so I'm sure they'll pull it together somehow. At least what was lost was material and not a significant relationship.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:01 pm

'Big Brother' contestant's Hillcrest home burns

By Gavin Lesnick

Photo by Gavin Lesnick
Boards and a tarp help cover damage to a Hillcrest home damaged in a fire early Wednesday morning.

LITTLE ROCK The Hillcrest home of a contestant on the CBS reality show "Big Brother" was heavily damaged in a fire early Wednesday, the same day she is to appear on the program's live finale.

"Big Brother" cast photo of Britney Haynes + Enlarge

Laura Grisham said her son, Nick Grisham, was awakened by the blaze at the home on the corner of Van Buren Street and Lee Avenue. Nick Grisham, who made it out without injury, is the fiance of Britney Haynes, the 23-year-old woman eliminated from winning the reality competition in last week's episode. She is slated to vote for the show's winner in tonight's finale.
Laura Grisham said the couple picked out the rental home and that her son in July helped move Haynes' belongings into the residence after she left to appear on "Big Brother," where she is sequestered from the outside world.
Nick Grisham called the producers to let them know about the fire, Laura Grisham said.
"He told them what happened and they agreed they wouldn't say anything to Britney," Laura Grisham said. "She can't do anything. The final show is tonight and it's live. There's no sense in her knowing."
Nick Grisham went back inside to rescue the couple's two dogs and family members have been able to salvage some possessions, Laura Grisham said. She said her son will fly to Los Angeles later Wednesday to meet Haynes after the show.
He's concerned about how Haynes will react to the news, Laura Grisham said.
"He hasn't seen her in three months and he's afraid she's going to be mad," Laura Grisham said. "I said 'you don't understand son, you are lucky to be alive, especially after going back in two more times to get the dogs out.'"
The blaze was started by a small grill in the backyard that ignited the grass, spreading to a trash can and then the house, investigators said. Laura Grisham said her son was grilling and that the fire started despite his dousing the coals in water.
The house was fully involved when crews arrived about 1:30 a.m., said Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon. It took about an hour-and-a-half to get the fire under control.
The single-story, blue structure is still standing with a large burned area at its rear, where the windows are boarded up and a tarp covers part of the roof and an adjacent wall. Burn and heat marks are visible on other parts of the structure.
Preliminary total damage is estimated at $50,000.
Back to top Go down
http://bbad.forumotion.net
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Wow, that is sad. Thank goodness Nick is OK. What a way to come out the BB house!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:13 pm

'Big Brother' Star's House Burns Down

9/15/2010 5:45 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

She just got burned inside the "Big Brother" house -- but this morning, the Arkansas home where contestant Britney Haynes was set to return to after tonight's finale was heavily damaged in a fire.

According to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Haynes' home caught fire early this morning while her fiance was still in the home ... though he managed to escape the blaze without injury.

Even though Britney was eliminated from the BB house last week -- she's still sequestered in the "Jury House" and cut off from the outside world -- until the season finale concludes tonight.

The cause of the blaze is still under investigation -- but officials claim the cause doesn't appear to be suspicious and believe it may have originated from a grill at the home.
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:50 pm

This is really sad news. Glad that Nick is OK, and their two dogs. I wish Britney and Nick well and hope they will get past this horrific event as smoothly as possible.
Back to top Go down
MissChriss
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm

That sucks because I'm sure she was dreaming about going home to her own bed and Nick for weeks now, especially after a week with Rachel. At least Nick got out safely.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:50 pm

'Big Brother 12': Britney Haynes talks fire, future as sports reporter

• September 19th, 2010 2:39 pm ET

Do you like this story?

Fresh off her time on Big Brother 12, Britney Haynes is still trying to figure out her future. Even though she was awarded the fan favorite prize of $25,000 during the finale Wednesday night, her Arkansas home also was badly damaged during a fire the morning before the final competition.

Speaking to TMZ, Britney is actually unsure what she will do. She really has a number of different options here -- try and repair her house, start with a new one, or try and get fiance Nick to move out to Los Angeles to start a new career. The one-time hotel employee says that she would like to work as a sports reporter a la Erin Andrews.

One thing is for sure -- no matter what career path Britney decides to choose, CBS is likely to ask her back (along with possibly Rachel and Matt from this past season) for a future All-Stars season -- as a matter of fact, it could potentially happen next summer for the show's lucky 13th season.
Do you want to see Britney become a sportscaster?
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:20 pm

I wish Britney the best, but wonder what opportunities these people really have waiting for them when the show is over?! Can any BB fan name at least 5 people that are in the main spotlight now since being on Big Brother? The only people that I see or know of are Chelsia from BB9 (Superpass), and Michele from BB11 (Playboy TV)...and let's be honest, how big are the audiences for this media? eyeroll
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 am

So, is that TMZ saying that Brittney, Rachel & Matt will prob be asked back for All Stars? Since when does TMZ know about BB's schedule of shows/Allstars? Seems weird to me.
Also, no offense to Brittney, but I don't see her "making it" as a sports reporter. Erin Andrews worked very hard to get where she is.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
CC123
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: BB12 Britney Haynes    Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:11 am

Wait Did the brigade really get nominated for a reward ? puke