BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
BB12 Ragan Fox Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALBB12 Ragan Fox Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

BB12 Ragan Fox

Go down 
+2
Lorraine
Erika
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

BB12 Ragan Fox Empty
PostSubject: BB12 Ragan Fox   BB12 Ragan Fox EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 am

Big Brother Cast - Ragan

BB12 Ragan Fox Ragan_fox

Biography
Ragan

Name: Ragan Fox
Current Residence: West Hollywood, Calif.
Three adjectives that describe you: Funny, genuine, intelligent
Favorite Activities: Writing and performing poetry. My podcast is my biggest hobby. The show features my comedic take on pop culture and politics. I discuss everything on it.
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: There is a lot of fighting and I tend to hold a grudge.
Strategy for winning Big Brother: Don't rock the boat until I have to. Float until war is declared and the floaters align with strong players who are perceived to be bigger threats. Form a secret alliance about two weeks into the game. Don't win too many competitions but don't obviously throw them.
What types of people would you NOT choose to live with you in the house: Homophobes, 18-23 year-olds (the ages of students I teach), ultra conservatives
A recurring theme on Big Brother is "expect the unexpected." How would you handle "the unexpected:" I'd roll with the punches.
Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most or least: Most: Janelle, because what you saw is what you got. Least: Boogie. White rappers are too much of a paradox for me. And Chima, she was a poor sport and bad game player.
What are you afraid of: Heights, flying, homophobia
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: I've had 2 poetry collections published: Heterophobia and Exile in Gayville
Finish this sentence: "My life's motto is:" The Golden Rule: Treat others how you want/expect to be treated.
Is there anything else you want to tell the audience about yourself: I love to make people laugh. In my world, there's nothing a well-placed fart joke can't cure. Humor is how I roll with the punches.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

BB12 Ragan Fox Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB12 Ragan Fox   BB12 Ragan Fox EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 am

Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

BB12 Ragan Fox Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB12 Ragan Fox   BB12 Ragan Fox EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:30 pm

I do like his interview there. I don't know with him though... he might be one of the ones I usually start out liking/rooting for and then he'll do something completely idiotic in which case I will be pissed that I ever wanted him to win.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

BB12 Ragan Fox Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB12 Ragan Fox   BB12 Ragan Fox EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:29 am

Worst memory: My worst memory of the year took place directly after Rachel and I argued in the jury house. I just learned that Matt had been lying about Stacy and felt utterly alone. I spent an hour outside reading the HoH letter my Mom wrote me. Curious to see what an HoH letter looks like? See below. I was, in every sense of the word, heartbroken. At that point, I knew I had to make a choice. I could either continue to resent Matt and be miserable for my two-week stay in the jury house, or I could forgive him. I obviously opted for the latter. Carrie Fisher said it best when she argued that, “Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”
BB12 Ragan Fox Mom-hoh-letter
(Click on the letter to make it larger. That’s what she said.)
Most prideful moment: I had a LOT of scholarship published in Text and Performance Quarterly (TPQ) this year. TPQ is my discipline’s flagship journal in Performance Studies. This year, I had the volume’s first lead article (“Re-membering Daddy”), an essay in the second issue, and was the focus of the last issue’s performance space forum. My TPQ run ends with 2011’s first issue, where my former student Kashif is the focus on the performance space forum and I contribute a piece that contextualizes the political implications of his work. In total, I had five essays featured in five issues of TPQ. I was also named to the journal’s editorial board.
Most embarrassing moment: I’m embarrassed by how much I cried in the Big Brother house. Entering the house, I didn’t want to be the gay guy who cried all the time; but, in month two, my emotions got the best of me. I don’t fault myself for crying, because I had three good reasons to get emotional. First, with the exception of Matt, every houseguest cried when they were on the block and the house target. Annie, Monet, Andrew, Kristen, Rachel, Kathy, Brendon, and Britney cried when they knew the house was coming after them. Why did it seem like I cried more than everyone else? Because I was on the block AS THE TARGET three out of four consecutive eviction cycles. The one week in that four-week cycle that I wasn’t on the block, I knew that my best friend in the house was going home and also discovered that he threw me under the bus. You’ll notice that I rarely got emotional in the game’s first month. Second, my tears can be partially explained by straight-up starvation. I spent 24 days in the house as a have-not. 24 days was over 1/3rd of my stay in the house and the longest period anyone in BB12 endured have-not torture. For each of those 24 days, I consumed less than 500 calories; the average adult ingests 2000 calories a day. I lost over 20 pounds in the house, which is SIGNIFICANT weight loss for a man of my size. When I hear some people in fan forums minimize the impact of BB food restrictions, all I can do is laugh. For 24 days, consume slop, take cold showers, and sleep on broken pool loungers, and then tell me that being a have-not is immaterial. Unlike one of my other houseguests, I didn’t cheat my way through being a have-not. Finally, I spent a lot of time in the house thinking about my dad, who died in 2004. Since my father’s death, I’ve buried myself in work and play, so that I wouldn’t have to fully process his loss. Big Brother forced me to stand still and earnestly consider the absence of my father. My period of mourning started in the surfboard endurance challenge, where my fellow houseguests repeatedly referenced loved ones in the name of doing well in the competition. Matt endured for Stacy; Andrew for Gila; and so on. I stayed up on the surfboard for my father. Unlike Matt and Andrew, had I won, I wouldn’t have received a letter from my source of motivation. Immediately after the challenge, I became a have-not (for a second time); but this time I entered the have-not room for getting second place in an endurance competition. The punishment was designed to mentally fuck with us. I began connecting the dots between being a have-not in the house and being a have-not in my real life. When it comes to a father, I’m a have-not. In the first few weeks of the game, we discussed possible showmance and, given that I was the only gay guy, I was a have-not, in terms of in-house romantic possibilities. At my high school prom, I couldn’t bring somebody to whom I was attracted, making me a have-not. When it comes to equal rights in the U.S., I’m a have-not. I became incredibly introspective in the house and all this introspection caused me to get very emotional. I do not regret this introspection or emotionality, but my tears in large part embarrass me because our masculinist culture loves to deride men who cry, especially crying gay men. At the end of the day, this derision says more about rigid standards of masculinity than it does my character or strength. Sorry I just typed a dissertation about my crying. All this processing makes me think my tears should be more a source of pride than embarrassment. My tears were war wounds. For a great, scholarly reflection on my Big Brother tears, check out my colleague Ann Johnson’s blog entry on the topic.
Number of people slept with: Just one, I think. I fooled around with a few guys but only went “all the way” with one. I guess I really DO “suck at being gay.”
Started with a significant other: No.
Ended with a significant other: No.
Ending the year with more money, or less: Significantly more money. Thanks, America!
Best Friends: Mike Mount, Peter Bracke, and Matt Hoffman. That said, I feel so blessed to have formed so many outstanding, new friendships in the Big Brother house, particularly with Matt, Kristen, Britney, and Annie. Big ups to Mike and Peter, who took care of all my affairs while I was in the house. I also want to give a shout-out to my colleagues Sharon, Jess, Ann, Craig, Wendy, Christine, and Nancy, who had my back at work.
BB12 Ragan Fox Big
Biggest Enemy: Rachel Reilly. I feel strange naming Rachel as my biggest enemy of 2010, because, over the last few months, we’ve become pretty decent friends. During our stay in the Big Brother house, though, we were bitter enemies and delivered what many consider to be the definitive moment of season 12: Ragan and Rachel’s fight spectacular! The New York Post named our argument the best TV fight of the summer and, in a later article, listed our disagreement as one of the ten best quarrels in reality TV history.
Favorite TV Shows: Big Brother (for obvious reasons), Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Real Housewives of New York,and Bad Girls Club. I’m so sad that Damages has taken such a bad, boring turn. And, after several years, I’ve stuck a fork in Desperate Housewives; that show is DONE.
Favorite Movie: Black Swan, which is not only my favorite movie of the year but one of my all-time favorite films. I connected to this movie on just about every level. This film, to me, was all about how binaries (e.g., good and evil, rationality and madness, etc.) are contours, not opposites. I know all too well the tango between technical merit and “feeling it”; restraint and lust; light and dark; mind and body; and perfection and whimsy. This movie beautifully and theatrically rendered Socrates’ second speech in Plato’s Phaedrus.
Favorite Book: The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee by Sarah Silverman
Favorite Bands/Singers: Hole
Favorite Purchase: iPad
Concerts: Hole at the Music Box Theatre in Hollywood.
Places Visited: Seattle, WA; Chicago/Elgin, IL; and San Diego, CA
Best Trip: Hands down, my trip to Chicago to visit Matt and Stacy for Hoff-o-ween was my favorite trip of the year.
Worst Trip: I didn’t really have a “bad” trip this year. San Diego’s probably the trip that fell the most flat, in terms of what I was expecting versus what it ended up being; but San Diego was still a good time.
Looking forward to in 2011: Being awarded tenure! I was going to go up in the fall of 2010 but my stint on the show inhibited my ability to go up early. I also look forward to the Reality Rally fundraiser, where I’ll be reunited with my husband and wife: Matt and Stacy.
Dreading in 2011: I dread putting together my tenure file but will be elated when it’s finally submitted.

http://ragan.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/2010-an-interactive-retrospectivus/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BB12 Ragan Fox Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB12 Ragan Fox   BB12 Ragan Fox Empty

Back to top Go down

BB12 Ragan Fox
Page 1 of 1