BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALDancing with the Stars: Season 9 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Dancing with the Stars: Season 9

Go down 
+2
Lorraine
Erika
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 Empty
PostSubject: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:23 am

Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 1254751801_kate-gosselin-290

Credit: Getty Photo/Douglas Healey

Update: Bachelor Jake, Kate Gosselin Will Compete on Dancing With the Stars!

Monday – March 01, 2010 – 9:57pm

It's official: Kate Gosselin is headed back to television.
The 34-year-old mother-of-eight will compete on the ninth season of the ABC reality hit, it was announced Monday.

Her competition: Bachelor Jake Pavelka, Pamela Anderson; Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco, soap star Aiden Turner, ESPN reporter Erin Andrews, Shannen Doherty, Buzz Aldrin, Niecy Nash, Pussycat Dolls' Nicole Scherzinger and Olympic skater Evan Lysacek.

The new season of DWTS premieres Monday, March 22nd.

Kate Gosselin? really? Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 290276
Why must they have people on each season who are famous for their trainwreck lives and have no other reason of being known. Who are they going to have on next season? Balloon boy's dad and one of Tiger Woods alleged mistresses?

I'm looking forward to seeing how well Evan Lysacek, Nicole Scherzinger, and Shannon Doherty does... but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Melissa Rycroft & Tom Bergeron reveal the new cast of 'Dancing With The Stars'....yawn. My early pick to win it all is Evan Lysacek. They also reveal the 12th dancer which I guess was a surprise but everyone already knew..lol. Is this going to become a trend to have the bachelor or the bachelorette as a contestant on DWTS? I always thought that a lot of "stars" wanted to be on the show but each season its like, is this it?

Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm annoyed w/ having the Bachelor/Bachelorette as a contestant. I haven't watched the show in a few years, b/c I'm over it. I liked Melissa, but who is she? Really?
The whole Kate Gosselin thing is a joke. I don't think reality tv people should do on DWTS.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:19 pm

With Dancing With the Stars rehearsals underway, how is Kate Gosselin doing so far?
"She's definitely not the best dancer," her partner Tony Dovolani told UsMagazine.com Thursday at the NYC premiere of the Discovery Channel's Life. "She's never taken a step of dancing in her life, but she's very hard-working. She's willing to try everything. So, for me, it's like I have an empty canvas that I can create a masterpiece. It's a great opportunity to show America what I'm capable of - which is teaching somebody who has never danced before."

He said they are worried about the competition, which includes Olympic figure skating champion Evan Lysacek.
"We have some serious front runners," Dovolani told Us. "I told her right from the start, 'Kate, this is not going to be easy.' She's ready for it."

On Friday, he said they'll begin rehearsing on a makeshift dance floor in the basement of her $1.1 million home in Wernersville, Pa.
If she sticks to rehearsals, "I think she's going to do incredible," Dovolani told Us. "I've never seen anybody be as driven as she is. When she comes in, whether it's five hours or six hours of rehearsal, it's pretty intense the entire time. It's about learning and learning and learning."

So does he think they have a shot at the trophy this year?
"I always think I have a shot," he told Us. "There's never a season I enter and I don't think I have a shot. I approach everybody the same. If they are willing, it's possible. The most talented people in the world normally don't win and they're the hardest workers."
Gosselin told Us that being on the show is "the chance of a lifetime. I feel honored that I get that privilege."
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_sdoherty_mballas_100304_abc_csjodin

Niecy Nash and Louis van Amstel
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_nnash_lvanamstel_100304_abc_csjodin

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_nscherzinger_dhough_100304_abc_csjodin

Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_panderson_dwhitewood_100304_abc_csjodin

Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_aturner_esliwinska_100304_abc_csjodin

Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_baldrin_acosta_100304_abc_csjodin

Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_cochocinco_cburke_100304_abc_csjodin

Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_eandrews_mchmerkovskiy_100304_abc_csjodin

Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_kgosselin_tdovolani_100304_abc_csjodin

Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_elysacek_atrebunskaya_100304_abc_csjodin

Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 400_dwts_costumes_jpavelka_chightower_100304_abc_csjodin
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am

'Dancing With The Stars' Returns With Plenty Of Talent And Tears

Nicole Scherzinger earns top marks and Buzz Aldrin hits the low point in the dance competition's premiere.

Astronauts, athletes, actresses and more — if nothing else, the cast for the 10th season of "Dancing With the Stars" is diverse, and thankfully, they're also filled with plenty of promise, judging by their first performances in a season premiere filled with laughs, tears and dropped jaws.

Kicking the season off was NFL star Chad Ochocinco and partner Cheryl Burke with the cha-cha-cha, a dance Burke described as "fun and flirty, just like [Ochocinco]." Returning judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Anne Inaba all agreed Ochocinco has great potential, with Goodman describing him as "a rough diamond" waiting to be sharpened. With a score of 18 out of 30, Ochocinco told new co-host and former "Dancing With the Stars" champion Brooke Burke that he felt good on the dance floor but still has "a long way to go."

Following Ochocinco was "Beverly Hills, 90210" veteran Shannen Doherty and partner Mark Ballas. Doherty revealed that she joined the show in support of her father, who is currently recovering from a stroke. Despite her best intentions, the actress was a self-described nervous wreck, but Ballas jokingly promised that he'd keep her nerves down and have antihistamine on hand. The pair, like Ochocinco and Burke, earned an 18 out of 30 but received compliments from the judges for showing "ease and elegance" in their performance of the Viennese Waltz. After the dance, Doherty tearfully said the proud expression on her father's face was all she needed to feel accomplished.
ESPN host Erin Andrews took the stage next alongside the outspoken Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who chastised Andrews during rehearsal: "My only pleasure in life is to bitch at people, and you're taking it away!" Performing the cha-cha-cha, Andrews received a strong 21 out of 30, despite some criticism for lack of control over her arm and leg movements.
Fresh off the heels of his stint on "The Bachelor," Jake Pavelka traded in his rose for a pair of dance shoes alongside partner Chelsie Hightower, who said Jake would get a lot of votes from the female audience because "he's hot." The judges were torn on Jake's performance, with Inaba saying he worked romance into his dance, while Bruno argued he was too rough. Despite the disagreement, Jake waltzed away with an admirable 20 out of 30.
"Reno 911" star Niecy Nash, the next competitor, made it a point to flaunt her "jiggly parts" with the following mission statement: "I want to be the nice, thick, grown woman that stands in the front, not the chubby girl that sits in the back." Alongside partner Louis Van Amstel, Nash impressed Inaba with a lot of sass and personality, but Goodman wasn't as kind, going so far as to call the dance an uneventful and "flat" cha-cha-cha. Nash walked away with 18 out of 30, dedicating her performance to "thick girls everywhere."
Without the aid of his trademark ice skates, Olympic gold medalist Evan Lysacek braved the dance floor with his partner Anna Trebunskaya. Lysacek acknowledged that his experience as a skater could prove beneficial, but he had trouble acclimating to certain spin styles during rehearsal. Even with these difficulties acknowledged, Lysacek scored the second-best result of the evening with 23 out of 30. Goodman praised the skater for his musicality and elegance but agreed with the other judges that he needed to work on his "clumsy feet."
Lysacek's clumsy feet were hardly problematic compared to world-renowned astronaut Buzz Aldrin's own difficulties. Although Aldrin received loving tributes from colleagues in space, all three judges agreed that the spacewalker's moves needed some work. "How can I possibly criticize a hero and a legend, but I have to do my job," Tonioli offered before he and the judges bestowed Aldrin with a 14 out of 30, the lowest score of the evening. Aldrin accepted the result gracefully, declaring: "I'm looking forward to the future."
The lowest-ranked performance of the evening was swiftly followed by the highest, as Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger and partner Derek Hough blew the judges away with their Viennese Waltz. Tonioli described the performance as having "startling finesse," while Inaba said Scherzinger and Hough set the bar for the rest of season 10. Goodman was much less impressed, telling Scherzinger she needed to work on her finesse. Despite the criticism, the pair managed an impressive 25 out of 30, the best score of the night.
If Scherzinger set the bar for the competition, "All My Children" actor Aiden Turner completely missed it. Along with partner Edyta Sliwinska, who finished in last place during last season's competition, Turner failed to impress the judges with his cha-cha-cha set to the tune of "Hungry Like the Wolf." Inaba enjoyed Turner's approach and bravado but felt he and his partner didn't hit the mark. "I gave it my all," he sighed after receiving a score of 15 out of 30. "The crowd had my back, but it's nerve-racking out there."
Kate Gosselin, tabloid target and mother of eight, was the next star to grace the dance floor with longtime "Dancing With the Stars" competitor Tony Dovolani. Performing the Viennese Waltz, Gosselin revealed that her eight children laughed at her when they found out she'd be performing in the dancing competition. The judges didn't join Gosselin's eight in mocking the reality star, but they did acknowledge that she would have her work cut out for her in order to go deep into the contest. Gosselin left the stage with 16 out of 30, declaring that while she feels honored to be part of the series, she's equally "glad that it's over and glad that my kids can rest easy tonight."
Finishing the first night of competition was "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson and partner Damian Whitewood with the cha-cha-cha. True to her reputation, Anderson performed aggressively and sexually with Whitewood, tearing his shirt open midway into the dance and chewing on his hand afterward. "I can only think of sex, sex, sex, the dirtier the better," assessed Tonioli before he and the judges gifted Anderson with a final score of 21 out of 30.
Because the votes and scores will be combined with next week's results, none of the 11 dancers are in imminent danger of expulsion from the dance competition. While there were certainly some fits and starts, nearly every competitor exhibited an enviable amount of enthusiasm, personality and, in many cases, skill. Without a doubt, this season of "Dancing With the Stars" will be one to watch.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:31 pm

According to Dial Idol's results:

1st place Kate and Tony - 57.53

Buzz & Ashley - 24.97

Pamela & Damian - 21.12

Chad & Cheryl - 21.08

Niecy & Louie - 16.92

Nicole & Derek - 11.96

Evan & Anna - 11

Erin & Maksim - 10.05

Jake & Chelsie - 9.57

Shannen & Mark - 8.61

Last place Aiden & Edyta - 7.18

It looks like Aiden will be going home.
It's a shame that Kate was one of the worst, even below Buzz and he's ancient and she has the highest of them all. Nicole, Evan, Chad, and Erin did really well and they are not even in the top 3.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:27 am

Kate!!! <333 Aiden best not be eliminated! :(
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 am

Kate in first? Are you kidding me?
Aiden is nice to look at , but his dancing is painful to watch.
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
SMOOCHES

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:46 am

I am not surprised Kate is in 1st because people are going to vote for her. I think they should all dance 2 weeks before someone is eliminated because the first night is always the worse. I don't want AIDEN to go because he is gorgeous eye candy and he's from my stories! I am still wondering who has some potential in this group.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:34 pm

So did someone get voted off yet?
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
SMOOCHES

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Nah, next week!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:39 pm

gotcha...thanks!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Is anyone else watching this season?
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:28 pm

I am. I thought Kate was TERRIBLE. I don't even mean trainwreck you can't turn away from, I mean painfully terrible! It seemed to me that the drama with her partner was concocted (sp?) by ABC. They know she sucks, but drama = ratings, so they're going to keep her around as long as possible.
Besides the fact that I swear she was drunk last week, I like Pamela Anderson! I kinda thought last week might be a fluke, but she proved last night that she can do both latin and ballroom (better than a lot of the others, I might add).
I still love Niecy Nash! She's awesome!!!
Are you watching, Erika?
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Yes I am watching this season because I do like some of the cast for various reasons.

I think the cast is actually good this season that they don't need to rely on the Kate drama.

Kate's dancing is horrible, she looked ridiculous, I think she's looked the worst I've seen from any dancer on all seasons...well maybe not as bad as Master P did on his season ....haha but it was really bad and I don't think it has anything to do with her not being in the entertainment business because neither has a lot of the celebs they have on there and someone they seem to manage to pull it off. Kate just sucks period and I couldn't help but notice how she always looks so miserable. You would think she could try and have a genuine smile at least once but her smiles always look like a mask of misery.
I also agree with you regarding Pamela, I thought last week she got lucky with the song and dance that she could pull it off but it seems like she is trying and I'd like to see her do well. I also liked that Shannen did well as well as Niecy Nash. Niecy has such a great attitude about it all, Kate could take some pointers.

I really like Chad Ochocinco and of course Nicole Scherzinger who is really so good, I think she got the perfect partner to showcase how good of a dancer she is.
Back to top Go down
sammyf
BB Addict
BB Addict
sammyf

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:19 am

I'm watching this season Erika. I was surprise by the bottom two. I like a lot of the stars this year. I am not too sure how I feel about Nicole being on the show I think she has an unfair advantage but hey thats dancing with the stars.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:45 am

I was surprised by the bottom 2 as well. Pam and Shannen weren't the best but they were far from the worst. I thought perhaps Aiden and maybe Jake would be the bottom 2. Even though Buzz wasn't good his age and him being an astronaut I knew he'd get the all-American vote. And as badly as Kate sucked and definitely should have been the one going home last night I knew there were people who would save her. Why I have no idea. She sucks ... she never comes across as endearing to me and appreciative. Her sense of self-entitlement is sickening. And she sucked so bad, I don't think she's giving it her all at all and doesn't deserve to be there still. But unfortunately it's DWTS and her drama sells for some reason.
Nicole is a dancer but she's not a ballroom dancer, albeit she obviously has a leg up on the competition, but for me I like watching her and Derek together so I hope she sticks around till the end.
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 pm

That was total BS that Pam was in the bottom 2, but Kate wasn't!
I can't take much more of Kate being on that show.
"Her sense of self-entitlement is sickening"-I couldn't agree more, Erika!!!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Erin Andrews: 'I Don't Quit on Things'
By Monica Rizzo
Sunday April 04, 2010 03:55 PM EDT

Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 Erin-andrews-240

Fans of Dancing With the Stars take note: Erin Andrews will perform on Monday night's live show.

Despite receiving death threats, the ESPN correspondent tells PEOPLE she is committed to the show and partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

"I'm glad I'm here. I have a dance on Monday and I don't want to let Maks down, I don't want to let my family down, and I don't want to let myself down," she says. "I'm not going to stop living my life."

Andrews will perform the waltz with Chmerkovskiy. She says the time on the dance floor has been therapeutic.

"I don't quit on things. It's not an option for me," she says.

This is the second scare Andrews has had to face in the past year. Last month Illinois resident Michael David Barrett was sentenced to 30 months for filming Andrews through the peephole of her hotel room door and posting the video on the Internet.

This girl can not catch a break. Hopefully whoever is sending her these threatening emails is caught soon so she can relax and live her life without these weirdo's stalking and threatening her.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:18 am

Who are these weirdos that keep voting for Kate. She has about as much grace as a bull. She looked absolutely ridiculous, walked throughout the performance and somehow made Buzz who is in his 80s look very upbeat and lively!
According to Dial Idol she is well above the others with the votes. I just don't get it at all...she's not even likeable! Put aside the fact that she's th worst dancer but she isn't even likeable!!!! I get it that sometimes people get put through even though they suck but that's because they have the likeable factor. She can't even fake it....she continuously has a sour puss face and looks completely miserable always. I'm just at a loss for words what people see in her ... unless they keep her on to see how bad she's going to fuck up but I just can't even stand her even to watch her fail each week, she really needs to go crawl back in her hole and do something completely out of her element and be a full time mom and not an attention whore for bad publicity.

http://stars.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Buzz :( He was so sweet.

Erin is my favorite. I really enjoyed her blindfolded dance! <33
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:23 am

The miserable bitch should have been the one leaving this week.

Poor Buzz ... he does seem like a sweet old man.
Back to top Go down
tj2377
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:24 pm

UGH-I CANNOT STAND KATE! Get her the "F" outta there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Erin & Maks!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Maksim: Kate Gosselin Doesn't "Get the Point" of DWTS

In the new issue of Us Weekly, a Dancing with the Stars insider reveals Kate Gosselin's first choice for pro partner: Maksim Chmerkovskiy. "She wishes she had been partnered with Maks because he's a stronger personality [than Tony Dovolani], and Kate likes a man who takes charge."
A crew source counters: "Kate would have lasted about five minutes with Maks."
Well, Dovolani has Chmerkovskiy's admiration -- and sympathy? -- for taking on the 35-year-old reality mom. "I admire Tony," Maks wrote Friday on his TV Guide blog. "Not just because he's my friend."

The dancer explains: "I've spoken to Kate, and I don't think she gets the point of this thing yet. The pain on her face says it all, which is unfortunate."
Gosselin scored a low score of 15 points -- and lots of jeers from the judges -- last week for her paso doble routine set to Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi."

"The show is about finding a way to come out, enjoy yourself and have fun," Maksim writes. Of Gosselin and Dovolani's fiery relationship, he writes, "We were taught to respect our teachers, so as teachers, we expect to be respected by our students. Kate needs to trust him. However lifeless that paso was, he had her ready with the routine."
Last week, Gosselin complained to E! News that it has been"very difficult" to focus, especially with a new custody lawsuit filed by her ex Jon Gosselin. "I can't put my life aside and dance for six hours a day."

But Chmerkovskiy implores her to try and do just that. "It's a chance for her to focus on something other than personal drama. How many women with multiple kids sit back and reminisce about the days they could go and dance when they watch our show? How many people vicariously live through us? You need to enjoy it."

Of course she doesn't "get it"....does this look like somebody who is enjoying themselves even when they keep getting shit handed to her....

Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 1270831465_kate2b
Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 1270833057_kate5l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars: Season 9   Dancing with the Stars: Season 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars: Season 9
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next