BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
American Idol - Page 4 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALAmerican Idol - Page 4 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

American Idol

Go down 
+3
Lorraine
Colton
Erika
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

American Idol - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:02 pm

apparently Kara was not too pleased with Megan's bro. Kind of thin skinned on her part I think, I'm sure she has heard worse and will probably hear much worse in her lifetime. I hope this starts a trend..lol.
Instead of chastising her, Simon should have let her dig her own grave. I doubt that even one person would miss her if she did not return next season.

Megan Joy's brother was Kara DioGuardi's 'American Idol' heckler

Megan Joy's brother was the person who shouted "Broken record!" at the American Idol judge as she was giving her comments to Joy during Tuesday night's live episode, Us Weekly reported Wednesday.

The incident began following Joy's rendition of Bob Marley's "Turn Your Lights Down Low."
"Megan, I really like you but I think you're in trouble. Here's the thing, it's just not the song choice for you, Bob Marley. I wanna hear Adele's 'Chasing Pavements'..." said DioGuardi before Joy's brother yelled "broken record" from the audience.

"What did he say?" asked DioGuardi before both Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson informed her what he had said.

"Well, let me not be a broken record and say 'Chasing Pavement,' Adele, that part of your register was even getting irritating for the first time. There was no falsetto. You have a beautiful falsetto and you never use it," continued DioGuardi, who was this time met by a chorus of boos.

"Alright, you get up here and do it then!" yelled DioGuardi in response, which prompted a quick quip from Cowell.

"Don't fall out with our audience," he told her.

After Paula Abdul gave her own comments, Cowell took it upon himself to defend DioGuardi's earlier comments.

"The problem was is that the song was boring. It was indulgent, it was monotonous and all the things we all liked about you are disappearing," he said. "You are actually becoming indulgent, and nobody's gonna like that song and I agree with Kara. It just wasn't you, and it is all about song choice . It was just so boring."

Jackson agreed with Cowell and DioGuardi, likening Joy's performance to "watching paint dry."

However the 23-year-old divorced mother from Utah -- who began Idol's eighth season as Megan Corkrey and then switched to Megan Joy Corkrey before settling on Megan Joy, her middle name, in recent weeks -- defended her song selection after the judges' comments.

"I think that the audience was feeling it and I think that my fans were feeling it," she told Idol host Ryan Seacrest, who asked if she understood the judges' criticism.

"I understand what they're saying and I fully intend on bringing what they have envisioned because I can understand that now," she replied. "But I liked my song."

"You've been saying that every week," said Cowell, taking a not-so-subtle jab at the "broken record" comment Joy's brother had hurled at DioGuardi.

However the incident apparently didn't end there, as Us reported DioGuardi decided to confront Joy's brother during the commercial break.

At first, DioGuardi thought Joy's brother was yelling "broken record" at his sister, according to Us, however he subsequently clarified that the comment was instead meant for the Idol judge.

"I am [a broken record]? Why?" asked DioGuardi, according to Us.

Joy's brother responded by telling DioGuardi that "packaged artist" could be her "packaged phrase," according to Us, which reported DioGuardi then "stormed off with her bodyguards."

However the rookie Idol judge apparently wasn't satisfied, as Us reported she decided to confront Joy's brother again during the next commercial break.

"Can you believe what he said to me?" DioGuardi reportedly asked the people sitting around Joy's brother.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:14 pm

American Idol starts in less than 15 minutes and tonight I am actually excited about a few things. First, the show is only 1 hour tonight clap which means they will have to zip right through everything and that means...LESS BS TALKING!! Woot The second thing, is that tonight the idols will be singing songs from the year they were born. Since 7 of the 8 were born in the 80's this could be interesting as I really like 80's music. M.J
Well I just peaked over at VFTW as they usually know the songs that the idols are going to sing mic . The song list is kind of not what I was expecting, seems to be several slowwww songs, but we'll see what happens. They are (VFTW) reporting though that Scott McIntyre does not play piano but plays guitar tonight. Ok, maybe it will shut Paula up....doubt it though. I am hoping that the audience rattles Kara again tonight. I guess Kara didn't like being called a broken record or being booed by the audience. Gee, thats a shame Kara sarcasm . I hope they heckle the shit out of her, if they do, maybe....just maybe she will zip lip Once again..... doubt it. Would be nice though.
Hmmm already the dividends of an hour long show are paying off. No judges holding hands on stage while being announced like they are the second coming of Christ. eyeroll Well, we were just subjected to looking at the judges and the car salesmans baby pics. Hey, its better than looking at them now...so far this show is the best this season!! lol!

First up...

Danny Gokey sings Stand by me-its obvious right away that this is his own spin on the song...starts out kind of boring for me....GOOD LORD...Paula is dancing again and Kara is doing that thing she does with her fists in the air and she is, uh sort of moving. Not sure what she is trying to accompish. Anyway, it was ok, the last part of the song was the best part. WOW! lmaosmiley did Simon just tell Paula "I can't stand you"? We concur Simon and once again, you and I think alike. high 5 (E, if you tivo'd or Dvr'ed Idol, please let me know if thats what Simon said...or anyone else for that matter...rotf)

Great, our first commercial break...I was dying to use these...LOL heartbbad: crazybbad: expect to see these alot teehee2

Kris Allen sings All she wants to do is dance-*big sigh* Oh Kris, you seem like a very nice person, you are just sooooooo boring. Not crazy about the song and the cheesiessness (uh is that a word?) of the girls surrounding him looking less than enthused, did not help. He did tell kind of a funny story pre-song. Apparently he was able to sneak away from the hoopla of Idol and went to an amusement park at the beach. Well he was approached by a fan who said to him "Arent you the guy from American Idol" and Kris said he was and the guy said "Tell Adam Hi" OUCH! As for your performance Kris?? Tell Adam Hi wave

Lil Rounds sings Whats love got to do with it, LOVE the choice Lil...bring it now! Uh oh...I smell trouble. She is trying to act like Tina Turner, you know they hate that. I just don't know what happened to this girl?? Hmmm Paula starts out with you look very hot tonight....this CAN'T be good. OMG...Simon is reading my mind "We are not looking for a 2nd or 3rd rate Tina Turner copycat". exactly Simon. She looks so disappointed no2 As much as I like this girl, she WILL be in the bottom 3 tomorrow.

Anoop Desai aka Anoop Dawg-hmmm he is apologizing for acting cocky last week. Hmmm do not like the back peddling Anoop, that bottom 3 can be a wake up call huh? Anyway he is singing True Colors. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It was ok, much better than last week for sure. Judges and fans will like it, evil bitches devilish banana like myself will simply fall asleep.

Time for THIS!!!! heartbbad: crazybbad:

Scott McIntryre-well right off the bat his mother tells an embarrassing story about how he wanted to be a train conductor when he was little and even today as an adult when he comes home he takes out his train set....ummmmmm THANKS MOM!!! Anyway, he sings The search is over and as predicted by VFTW he is playing guitar. Um ok, who was the rocket scientist who thought it was a good idea to get him out from behind the piano??? Oh yeah, Paula..nuff said. This is really bad and he will be bottom 3 tomorrow night. LOL @ Paula saying I applaud you coming out from your comfort zone...BULLSHIT Paula, it was a trainwreck and you know it!! Simon keeps it real and tells him go back to the piano.....of course. duh

Allison Irahellno is singing You can't make me love you-EXACTLY!!! because YOU CAN'T! I will never like this girl no matter what. I was bored to tears cry smiley but I think the judges are going to love her. To be fair it didnt suck but she is just sooooooo annoying. dancingbanana2: WFT? Did I get this correct? Randy compared her to Kelly Clarkson??? um :no: Yup, judges like her so she will be safe puke

Matt Giraud sings Part Time Lover-I really like Matt, he gives everything that little jazzy flair and its usually pretty good. I think this is the best so far tonight. clap2 clap2 Oh God, Paula just said "2 Words, Standing O!" yeah Paula but what does the "O" stand for?? I am thinking the "O" that Paula is talking about is NOT 'ovation' is this case. Matt=safe!!

wow, they are running really late, its 9:01 here and Adam hasnt even sung yet. oh well, I guess we have time for this then...... heartbbad: crazybbad:

Adam Lambert-wow, Adam was a freckle face red headed kid...are we sure this is REALLY Adam? hmmm Ok he is singing Mad World. Little shaky to start
he keeps going in and out of tune, he's going to need a big finish. No big finish, my opinion stands...he is overhyped, overpimped and overrated. Wow Standing O from Simon..gimme a break, someone just hand him the fucking crown already and end this season. razz

Ok, bottom 3 are Scott, Lil and hmmmmmmm I am gonna go with Kris. I think its going to be very close between Lil and Scott going home but one of those 2 are outta here! I will be checking out Dial Idol later as usual!!!

Until next week...

Bye Bye Bitches boobie shake
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 pm

I have to share this...too funny

American Idol - Page 4 Scotttop8banner
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:28 pm

With the phone lines open for close to 90 minutes now, Dial Idol has the bottom 3 as Kris at the bottom, then Scott and Anoop. VFTW may have something to do with Scott not being rock bottom.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:02 pm

American Idol - Page 4 1236294294daniel-gokey_game Stand By Me - dancingbanana2: no comment
American Idol - Page 4 1236294333kris-allen_game All She Wants To Do Is Dance - monster I was not blown away but it was meh... ok.
American Idol - Page 4 1236294351lil-rounds_game What's Love Got To Do With It - kiss7 I absolutely loved the song only. As soon as she came out walking and imitating Tina... I said that's it! I mean c'mon ... how was that not karaoke annoyed:
American Idol - Page 4 1236306552anoop-desai_game True Colors - backhanded slap C'mon Anoop you don't have to apologize for whatever it was you said to Kara... Hell I can't even remember it! Grow a pair!
American Idol - Page 4 1236294363scott-macintyre_game The Search Is Over - American Idol - Page 4 Blind ...Oh he likes to play with trains still... how lovely eyeroll ok now to the screeching ...Hello?! Simon did you not hear that? Was he even playing the guitar or was it just there for show. And the song sucked! NEXT!
American Idol - Page 4 1236294319allison-iraheta_game I Can't Make You Love Me - YOU sure can't but I love the song and she did sing it well... I also do see her as another Kelly Clarkson just as Randy said ... and a side note Randy was the only cute baby pic!
American Idol - Page 4 1236306562matt-giraud_game Part Time Lover - what? whoa! He sang the song well but seriously Part Time Lover? What about some Prince? Nobody freakin' sang ANY Prince songs? Seriously WTF
American Idol - Page 4 1236294340adam-lambert_game Mad World - Woot heartshape2 Woot clap2 Glambert just does not disappoint! Always the performer! Loved it!

Overall I was very disappointed I was totally looking forward to some back in the day songs and there were many songs that just left me saying wft THIS SONG?! At any rate after tonight's performances I am going to predict Kris Scott and Lil Rounds with Scott leaving pray
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:53 am

Just checked Dial Idol...they now have Kris dead last, Anoop right behind him and then Scott. Its very very close though between Kris and Anoop. Last night Scott was second to last, today he has moved up a notch. Looks like VFTW did their job. Would the judges use the Golden power of veto on Kris if he were to go tonight?? I wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
SamChez
BB Fan
BB Fan
SamChez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 pm

AdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdamAdam!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:11 pm

'Idol' Runs Long, DVRs Cut Off Adam Lambert's 'Mad World.' Cue Outrage
American Idol - Page 4 Adam200-022709
The good news: 'American Idol' cut down to a one-hour performance episode this week.

The bad news: It didn't finish on time and cut off a contestant. And that contestant was front-runner (and controversy-generator) Adam Lambert.

Usually, the final performance in the line-up is known as the "pimp slot," since that's the last one viewers remember as they dial. But tonight, 'American Idol' cut down to one hour, and host Ryan Seacrest couldn't keep things running on time.

Instead, the show ran over eight minutes long, and Adam, who sang last, didn't make it in before 9PM ET.
The good news: 'American Idol' cut down to a one-hour performance episode this week.

The bad news: It didn't finish on time and cut off a contestant. And that contestant was front-runner (and controversy-generator) Adam Lambert.

Usually, the final performance in the line-up is known as the "pimp slot," since that's the last one viewers remember as they dial. But tonight, 'American Idol' cut down to one hour, and host Ryan Seacrest couldn't keep things running on time.

Instead, the show ran over eight minutes long, and Adam, who sang last, didn't make it in before 9PM ET.

So, if you heard screams coming from the next room or the next house, they probably came from a DVR user who didn't get to see Adam rock 'Mad World' by Tears for Fears and get a standing ovation from the judges.

Bad form, 'Idol.' If Adam, who's never been in danger so far this season, winds up in the bottom three -- we'll know whose fault it is.

UPDATE: Maybe it isn't Seacrest's fault. The host defended himself on Twitter, saying that his DVR also missed Adam's performance: "idol went long. producers build the show time... 8 singers 4 judges... my tivo cut out too." However, bloggers like MJ are placing blame on the show's director: "Bruce Gowers needs to be fired."

Fortunately this doesn't even come close to affecting Adam's chances of leaving this week. To prevent this from happening again they need to stick the worst ones (Scott) at the end.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 pm

no, to prevent this from happening again they need to shut the fuck up and keep their verbal vomit (Paula and Kara) mouths shut and say something short and sweet. I know, impossible. It takes Paula a half hour to say 5 words because there are so many dramatc pauses in her speech. As for Kara, if she doesnt work the word "artistry" into each sentence at least 3 times, its a failure for her. Yeah...4 judges...great idea. eyeroll

P.S. E? did you have a little problem wth the copy and paste? I kept reading the same thing over and over and over....LOL
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:26 am

I'm saddened by Scott's departure teehee2

saddened that it took this long... sure he has sucked hardcore but did the judges have to ACT like they were seriously debating on whether to use the save on the blind guy? I mean C'mon... everyone knew they weren't going to save him why not spare him the torture and give him false hope. Paula needs to work on her acting - she's the worst... Hey Paula? drunk
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 am

The worst part of that whole thing was Simon saying to Scott "well 2 of us want you to be saved and 2 of us don't". Totally uncalled for to put him or any other contestant through that BS just for the sake of drama or ratings or whatever they think they are going to accomplish. They can take the golden power of veto and collectively shove it up their asses. Idol has become something to ridicule and make fun of, not to be taken seriously anymore, of course....was it ever? smiley_cussing:
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:26 pm

American Idol gets Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Hudson, Quentin Tarantino on the show for their Hollywood theme next week, as the seven finalists sing 'songs of the cinema.'
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Scott MacIntyre: I Went Out on Idol "in a Blaze of Glory"
American Idol - Page 4 Scott-macintyre-b
Scott MacIntyre says he's standing by his performance of Survivor's "The Search is Over" -- even though it got him kicked off American Idol last night.

"I don't take what the judges said to heart," The 23-year-old blind contestant said in a conference call with reporters Thursday. "In the scheme of things, it's actually a good, solid performance. Some of the criticism is undue, but I respect the judges and I'm so glad at least two of them tempted to keep me on yesterday."

Kara DioGuardi and Paula Abdul wanted to use their one-time wild card to keep him in the competition, but Simon Cowell made the final call to send him home.

"Even talking to Simon after the show, he'd told me and I also sense that there was some inner turmoil in him, making that decision," he continued.

"Honestly, I have no regrets leaving the show. I'm so happy I brought my shredder out and got to go out in a blaze of glory last night," added MacIntyre, who played the electric guitar instead of his normal piano on the judges' suggestion.

MacIntyre says he'll miss hanging with the rest of the Idol wannabes.

"We are actually one of the only groups apparently that talks and jokes two minutes before we walk on stage," he said. "Apparently last year's group was very silent and in their own worlds and preparing mentally for the performance, which I try to do as well, but there's this extra element, even though we're competing, we have so much fun until the second before we walk on stage."

Blaze of glory isn't exactly what came to mind... but OKAY! eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:43 am

Simon Cowell may leave ‘American Idol’
Hard-nosed judge says his three shows require too much travel

LONDON - Every week, millions of viewers tune in to “American Idol” to hear what Simon Cowell has to say — but according to the Mirror, the no-nonsense judge may be planning on leaving the show.

“Most people do one show a year and I do three and they involve a lot of traveling. One may have to go,” Cowell, 49, told the paper on Saturday. “I don’t know which one. That is the problem, I like all of them. I can’t imagine not doing ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and I can’t imagine not doing ‘X Factor.’ But I guess America is more likely to go because I have got one year under contract. Maybe that will be the end.”

According to the paper, Cowell may make four transatlantic flights a week during the summer to keep up with “American Idol” and his two British shows, “X Factor” and “Britain’s Got Talent,” in which he also serves as a judge.

“I don’t want to come over as whiney because I am very grateful that I have got these jobs,” he said. “But there is a point where I am not sure we can keep this schedule up. It takes longer and longer to make these shows because you have to put more into them, and I am not sure we can sustain me doing three shows a year, with the record label and the TV production company.”

In addition, Cowell added that he’s launching a “big new show next year,” though he said details are top-secret.

As for a social life, the “Idol” judge said his busy schedule doesn’t leave him with much time to date following his split with longtime girlfriend Terri Seymour.

“Have I got a black book?” he laughed. “Yes, it’s called a mobile phone. I do get offers. There is no shortage of people if you want to go on dates — working in TV, living in LA, it is there if you want it. But I am enjoying hanging out with my friends. I haven’t had time to go on dates.”
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 am

American Idol - Page 4 Lilprebanner
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:11 pm

I'm late!! Stopped for drinks after work... drowning in wine so maybe I can relate to Paula a little bit tonight. If that happens, no more cocktails for me! So this week is songs from the cinema with the always entertaining and often strange Quentin Tarrentino. All this singing is just a formality as Adam has already won but I will see this through to the end smiley_cussing:. Vote for the Worst has adopted Lil Rounds as their person to save. Interesting choice. So first up is....

1. Allison Irahellno-she is singing "I don't want to miss a thing" I feel the same way, I don't want to miss anything either except maybe hearing her sing this song. I thought she was out of tune and boring but Simon thinks that she is the only chance the females have...wow...I wonder how Lil felt hearing that..hope she brings it tonight and makes Simon eat his words! razz

2. Anoop Desai aka Anoop Dawg-he is singing "Everything I do, I do it for you" aside from being incredibly boring the vocals were pretty good. Hmmm just noticed that they have split the judges critiques...Simon and Paula did Allison, Randy and Kara did Anoop. Interesting turn of events and I just noticed the the show is ONLY 1 hour tonight! Nice.

3. Adam Lambert is singing "Born to be Wild" At this point does it really matter what I think? whogivesafuck: He won already. At any rate I thought it was ridiculous, screechy and as Simon would say "self indulgent". Oh Paula, please just leap on the stage and blow him already. (Hey I told you I had cocktails :bubbly: ) On a positive note, I like the splitting of the judges, now for every singer you only have to hear Paula OR Kara and not both....God I hope it lasts pray

Commercial break! Hey did you all notice that you can get Big Brother 24/7 live feeds here now??? Just click the link for the first two weeks free!!! celebrate celebrate
Of course these will be available all through season 11 of Big Brother....can't wait!!! :missbb:

4. Matt Giraud is singing "when you love a woman" I don't think this was a good choice for Matt. He was out of tune in several places during the song. Too bad Matt, you could have really killed it this week but this song was all wrong!! I really like Matt so I hope he stays. Simon was making faces while Kara was talking so it made listening to Kara interesting....imagine that!! laughing

5. Danny Gokey is singing "Endless Love" A guilty pleasure of mine, love this song teehee2 Hmmm Danny lost his glasses :computer geek: He looks younger without them. I thought the vocals were good but I wish he had jazzed it up just a bit. This song is a originally a duet so it may not have been the best song for him to choose. Honestly, I am disappointed in all the choices tonight. I mean HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SONGS OF THE CINEMA!! This was so wide open! bbadlove: Hey just noticed this new emoticon!!! UMMMMM E???? Where is my dancing Banana???? flaming hot flaming hot

6. Kris Allen is singing I have no clue what this song is but its boring and slow and I think ladies and gentlemen, we have our first guaranteed bottom 3. Um I agree with Randy, Kara= assholesmiley: When Kara said it was his best moment (huh? scratch )Paula yelled out "YES"! Now I know he was bad.

7. Lil Rounds is singing "The Rose" Lils hair grew! I saw some flashes of the Lil I remember but she still had some problems. ROTFLMAO @ Simon!! He rolled his eyes eyeroll while Paula was talking....best fucking part of the whole night lmaosmiley !!! Lil is going off!!!! woohooo you go LIL!!!! You know she is pissed because of what he said earlier about Allison puke being the only chance the females had. Don't take his shit Lil!!! cool

Miley Cirus and Jennifer Hudson on the results show tomorrow night! So even though Lil stood up for herself and that may have bought her some votes coupled with the VFTW crew, she will still be bottom 3 along with Kris. This 3rd person is wide open with only Danny and Adam being completely safe. So the 3rd person could be Allison/Anoop/Matt. I don't think anyone kicked ass tonight. Is this the end of the road for Lil? don't know once again though, whogivesafuck: ? (back later with my Dial Idol update!)

Until next week....

Bye Bye Bitches!!! boobie shake

P.S. E, I want my disco banana dammit! bitch bitch bitch
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 pm

American Idol - Page 4 1236294319allison-iraheta_game - "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith Love the song - good song choice for Allison, at least she didn't sing a song from a Disney movie! She sounded good. No complaints other than the outfit sucked.

American Idol - Page 4 1236306552anoop-desai_game - "Everything I do, I do it for You" by Bryan Adams ....again I love the song! Great song choice except he didn't quite pack the punch of emotion as Bryan Adams... it's not looking good for Anoop!

American Idol - Page 4 1236294340adam-lambert_game - "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf I find myself always looking forward to Adam's performaces each week and this week I was a bit disappointed... this song? really? Not one of his best song choices but nonetheless a good performance.

American Idol - Page 4 1236306562matt-giraud_game - "To Really Love a Woman" by Bryan Adams ....Once again I love the song but I really don't think Matt should have sang this song, he failed to do it justice! Matt will be in trouble I believe this week

American Idol - Page 4 1236294294daniel-gokey_game - "Endless Love" by Lionel Richie I absolutely love this song but I thought the entire arrangement sucked and he was just plain boring, but thanks to Simon pointing out that this song had meaning to Gokey which we could all safely assume due to his deceased wife then it will of course keep him nice and safe! It wasn't like Gokey looked tore up before - during - or after the song but ok whatever.

American Idol - Page 4 1236294333kris-allen_game - "Falling Slowly" Never heard of this song or the movie ... Great one Kris, you pulled this one out of the Random cinemea file... I am afraid to admit this but I agree with Kara and Paula that he nailed it! lol @ me agreeing with 2 dingbats!

American Idol - Page 4 1236294351lil-rounds_game - "The Rose" by Better Midler OH SNAP! Lil just had to say what's on her mind! Lil...Lil...Lil... You should be pissed but c'mon couldn't you have sang a more soulful song other than the rose.... like something from The Dreamgirls soundtrack? or Waiting to Exhale?

On a side note -
As much as I detest hearing Paula and Kara's input after each one sings, I missed Simon's and even Randy for that matter!
What in the hell does Quentin know about singing?

Ok I predict the bottom 3 being - Anoop, Matt and Lil with Anoop exiting tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:22 pm

wow! Ok I was just over at Dial Idol. The phone lines have been open for about an hour and 15 minutes and they are reporting some very interesting early predictions. Right now Lil is the second highest vote getter!!! whoa, either the VFTW crew all have dialed their fingers down to the nub or her standing up to Simon tonight has won her some votes. Anyway, right now the bottom 3 are Matt, Kris and Allison with Matt and Kris virtually tied for the bottom. Danny, Lil and Adam are top 3 and very close! Anoop is in the middle of the pack. If Matt goes do they save him with the Golden power of Veto....for the first time, I would say that they save him. Hopefully Kris or Allison goes, problem with Kris going is....will anyone notice he is gone?
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Lil Rounds! <3 I have been voting for her!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Last update for the night. Phone lines open for just over 2 hours and Dial Idol has Kris dead last with Matt close behind and then Allison. Its gonna be close!!! Hard to believe that Lil is 2nd!! I wonder if VFTW will change their pick...here is their new banner.

American Idol - Page 4 Liltop7banner2
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Audrina Patridge: American Idol's Adam Lambert "Has My Vote"
American Idol - Page 4 Audrina-adam-b
Adam Lambert's biggest supporter? Pal Audrina Patridge.

"For those of you avid American Idol fans, I just wanted to remind you guys to tune in tonight to vote at 9 p.m. on FOX!" The Hills star blogs.

"One of the contestants, Adam Lambert, is a close friend of mine and he's one of the most talented and sincere people I know -- he definitely has my vote :)" she continues.

Patridge, 23, posts a pic of her and Lambert, 26, mugging for the camera at his birthday party at West Hollywood's Chateau Marmont before signing off "xoxo, Audrina."
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:05 am

“American Idol” Singer Jason Castro Signs With Atlantic Records
American Idol - Page 4 27554465-27554470-slarge

As American Idol’s eighth season hits its home stretch with only seven singers remaining, a former Idol is making some news of his own: While many former Idol contestants have lost their record deals due to slow sales, Season Seven’s third runner-up Jason Castro has inked a contract with Atlantic Records. The label will release the dreadlocked crooner’s debut album later this year. Castro made AI history last season, becoming the first singer to play an instrument on the show (AI changed its rules to permit instrumentalists to show off their skills). He later topped the iTunes chart with his cover of “Over the Rainbow.”

For his new album, Castro is working with writers like current Idol judge Kara DioGuardi — whose credits include Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera and Ashlee Simpson — and producer Jon Fields. Castro has also re-recorded the song that helped put him on the AI map: Jeff Buckley’s mournful take on Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah.” Castro’s new version will appear on the soundtrack of the upcoming film Amar A Morir, a Mexican drama currently screening in Mexico.

Castro will join Season Seven alums David Cook (RCA), David Archuleta (Jive), who both have major-label record deals, as does semifinalist Josiah Leming, who is signed to Warner Bros. Finalist Amanda Overmyer released Solidify in December on indie Chile Records. Idols who have lost their record deals include Blake Lewis, Ruben Studdard, Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee. Other Idols continue to burn up the charts, like Clarkson, who recently ousted U2 from the top of the charts.

good luck Jason!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Didn't Clay lose his record deal as well?

I didn't see very much of last season's AI but the little bit I caught of Castro I thought he was ok and there was a small market for him. Certainly liked him over the overly pimped Archuleta
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Don't know if you caught this, I didnt realize that you missed alot of last season (like myself lol). I liked Jason before this performance but after he sang this he was the ONLY reason I tuned into AI. After he left I stopped watching...lol.

Back to top Go down
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover
pajamajon

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Adam Lambert deserve bottom three 2nit...my ears are still ring from last nite/
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 pm

So the judges used the Golden Power of Veto on Matt and I am cool with that and here is why, I dont think they would use it on Lil or Anoop, Danny or Adam won't need to be saved (I think) so that leaves Allison, Kris and Matt who I think would have a good chance to be saved. Using it on Matt eliminates it and now it cannot be used on Allison..lol My co-worker (I am at work tonight) who half the time I think isnt paying attention to me when I am watching Idol said after they saved Matt, "Can they get rid of Seacrest now"? Too funny. He's the same one who said one night after I said to myself "Oh Paula shut up" and he answered with, "Yeah, what the fuck does she know" I lost it as I didnt think he was paying attention to me again. laughing
Dial Idol had some problems...lol but thats ok, more often then not they get it right. So what this means now is that 2 people go home next week. I'm not sure I like that, why save someone then? Then the really really really really really bad news....next week is Disco week. puke puke puke puke Ummmmmm speaking of Disco.......WHERE IS MY DISCO BANANA?? bitch bitch bitch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next