Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTAL
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Share | 

Survivor: Tocantins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Survivor: Tocantins   Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Benjamin

Brendan

Candace

Carolina

Debra

Erinn

JT

Jerry

Joe

Sandy

Sierra

Spencer

Stephen

Sydney

Taj

Tyson
Back to top Go down
http://bbad.forumotion.net
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:32 pm

TIMBIRA

Benjamin
Brendan
Candace
Debra
Erinn
Jerry
Sierra
Tyson

JALAPAO

Carolina
Joe
JT
Sandy
Spencer
Stephen
Sydney
Taj
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:05 pm

First impressions count on new ‘Survivor’
New cast members are forced to make a critical decision early on

"Survivor" host Jeff Probst, who won the first-ever Emmy for reality show last fall, is signed for at least two more seasons, and isn't sure what will happen after that.

But on day two of production of "Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands," he was so confident about the strength of its cast that he told me, "If I'm wrong about Brazil, I will seriously consider quitting after 20 (seasons) as a penance. ... Of our 16 [contestants], we've got 15 out of 16 right off the bat that I like."

(The odd person out? Kentucky bus driver Sandy Burgin, 53 — Probst thinks her age could doom her early.)
"There's a lot of likable people — either likable because you root for them or likable because you can't stand them, but likable in that you want to watch them," Probst said. That's a change from "Survivor Gabon," where some of its contestants were the exact opposite of likable (like Corinne and her shocking anti-Sugar final speech).

Age and other external characteristics could matter more than usual this season. As previews for "Survivor Tocantins" (pronounced "toe-can-cheens") have revealed, the season begins on Feb. 12 with the contestants asked to make a decision based upon their first impressions of one another.

One promo says that "first impressions are everything," while another insists that "the new survivors have not met each other. They have not communicated at all. And they must make a critical decision that will affect the next 39 days."

Probst then says, "We're going to have our first vote. One person from each tribe is not going to make this journey."

First impressions count
While it's true the cast members have not spoken, it's not exactly true that they "have not communicated at all."

Contestants spend days together on location before the game begins, and may even share living spaces. During that time, they meet with producers and Probst so they know what to expect; attend "Survivor school," where they learn about the location and its environment; get their official photos taken; and talk to members of the press who are on location.

During that time, the contestants are not allowed to talk, strategize, or otherwise connect with each other, but some do communicate via nonverbal communication, from smiles to eye rolls. And the smart players begin to read their fellow competitors' behavior, from the clothes they wear to the way they choose to spend their time.

Those first impressions often spill over into the game, as initial alliances have been formed based upon eye contact, or just the insight gained when one player notices which book another player is reading. The contestants even see each other during the final stages of casting, when they're staying in a hotel, so they have a lot of material to work with.

With the first-episode twist, "Survivor" is finally acknowledging that the game begins long before the cameras turn on.

Of course, first impressions are often wrong. None of that matters if a tribe can't pull together long enough to win a challenge. And twists the producers interject, never mind the reality of the players' personalities, are truly what dictate the course of the game.

Brutal Brazil
This season, the environment might also have a greater effect than in recent years. For its 18th season, "Survivor" returns to Brazil — but not the Brazil from "Survivor Amazon," the show's sixth season. Instead, the 39 days of competition will play out in a far more brutal environment.

While the sixth season was set in the rainforest near Manaus, "Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands," takes place in the central part of the country in an area of high desert that's extremely hot, with temperatures nearing 110 degrees early in the morning on the first day of production.

Although the tribe camps will be in an oasis-like area along a river, this is not a tropical location like those that have hosted so many seasons of the game, nor is it anywhere near the relatively temperate conditions of last season in Gabon.

Challenge producer John Kirhoffer told me that the intense heat won't mean easier challenges. "No freakin' way. We make them as strenuous as ever," he said. Their access to a "really cool river location" and "huge beach" that's "shallow" and "safe" leads him to "prefer Brazil" as a location.

Both tribe camps are also located along that river, so contestants can use it to cool off. The torrential downpours should help, too; the rainy season was just beginning when the show began taping last fall.

Of course, since this is "Survivor," the real focus will be on the game that the 16 people are playing in those conditions — if they can overcome each others' first impressions.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:33 am

I thought the premiere was awesome! I went from disliking Sandy, to feeling sorry for her, to thinking she is a crazy person. She certainly is no Gillian. I was really hoping Syd and Spencer could pull through in the end to win immunity for Jalapao. I am okay with Carolina going. She was slightly annoying. The only person I like dislike at this point is Ben. Tyson is not far from being disliked, though.

<333 Sydney Domination!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:40 pm

not crazy about Sydney but its early....why do you always like the blonde bombshells Colton? tongue

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Ok these are the ones I like so far...

I like these guys a lil...

Oh and doesn't Sandy seem like the female version of ... hmmm...? [img:85c9]http://tocantins.survivor.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/s18e01/EyeTVSnapshot[44].jpg[/img:85c9] C'mon they're twins!!!

Last edited by Erika on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:27 pm

lmaosmiley exactly

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Oh I forgot to mention before the show aired and Jeff was saying on the previews one person from each tribe is not going to make this journey I thought that sucks 2 people are being voted off before the show even begins but as soon as the show aired and he each tribe vote for someone not to make the "journey" it was THEN apparent that they were not going to have to make that 4hr grueling trek in the 110 degrees + heat.... Sandy was really dumb to at that time start jumping for joy ... I mean seriously why not say HA HA SUCKAS!! What an idiot, luckily Jeff reminded her I wouldn't be all smiles.... hello!! Reality check these are still your tribe members who have already outcasted you brainiac you're going to want to get in their good graces again. And I also thought it was smart for Cierra to help do something at camp before they got there rather than look for the hidden immunity idol like Sandy did. Sandy has a chance of winning this season! when pigs fly
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:43 pm

"What's a pace?" UGH!!!!!!!!!! OMG
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:18 pm

I don't, Lorraine. Check out the fierce girl in my sig. ;)
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:10 pm

New sig addition for SYDNEY DOMINATION! <3
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:47 pm

It's Survivor Thursday!!!

Let the craziness begin!  seeing stars
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 am

How can you be a Professional School Bus driver? I thought you could either drive one or not. I was not aware there were levels of qualification.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:29 am

Colton wrote:
How can you be a Professional School Bus driver? I thought you could either drive one or not. I was not aware there were levels of qualification.

teehee2 news to me! Then again wasn't Erik a "Professional" Ice Cream Scooper ?!  wink

about last night's Survivor - The Coach needs to go! He's a creeper! Loser2
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:38 pm

My Rankings:
1. The Goddess
2. Joe
3. Brendan
4. JT
5. Taj
6. Spencer
7. Stephen
8. Erinn
9. Sandy
10. Sierra
11. Debbie
12. Tyson
13. Roach

I love basically everyone in this cast except for the last 3.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:30 pm

The Goddess?? Oh Colton, thats so sweet but I am NOT on Survivor boobie shake

Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:31 am

Haha! <3 I love you.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 pm

teehee2 back atcha!

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:55 pm

"Survivor: China" winner Todd Herzog dating "Survivor: Tocantin"'s Spencer Duhm

We're not ever likely to see a gay showmance on Survivor since there are almost never two gay Survivors on the same season (Brad Virata and J.P. Calderon were on together, but J.P. wasn't out).

But I just got word from Todd Herzog, the winner of Survivor: China, that we've got the next best thing because he's now dating Spencer Duhm from Survivor: Tocantins, which is currently airing.

Says Todd via email:

I can't say much because he's still on the show, but we met about a month before his season began. We're doing the 'take it slow' thing which I find to be really nice. Usually guys are in search for one thing, but its refreshing to see that Spencer is different. We have such extreme opposite tastes but so much in common. He LOVES sports and I prefer the solo outdoors stuff, I like to dress super trendy he's into plain T's, I love alternative music he likes Whitney! (shhh)

We both love to keep active and busy, we love trying new things and traveling. I was attracted to him the moment I saw him, mainly because he's got this confidence that pours out of him and a piercing stare that you can't help but notice so I went 'fishing'! Started talking with him and reeled him in! He's coming to stay with me all next week, and I with him next month. I'll be in New York for his finale in May and we are planning a huge trip this summer ... So hopefully things go well! I'm like a wall that usually wont let anyone one close to me, but he's doing a great job at breaking it down so I have high hopes!

It's not often us gay folks get a chance to follow a celebrity couple so it's nice of Todd to share these details. And I long as I had his attention, I figured I would ask the Survivor winner what he thought of the current season.

Says Todd:

So far I'm really enjoying the season! I do feel like the challenges need a little vamping up but the characters are great! This season is about Tyson. Tyson Tyson Tyson. I think he is by far the funniest contestant since my girl Courtney in China! Maybe it's his super dry humor that I connect with, but literally every other word out of his mouth makes me laugh! I'm really hoping to see him go far in the game. Coach, as far as I'm concerned, can kiss my big ol' white ass! Before the game even started he said in an interview that Survivor has become a game where the weakest players win (clearly referring to Parvati and I).

I can't wait for the moment to ask him what it's like to not win (only assuming he won't) and then rub in his face that sometimes it pays to be one of those weak ones.

Taj is another contestant who I'm just loving. That girl with her four-way tribe crossing alliance is brilliant! I hope this plan works out cause what great TV it will create! My only fear is that they are making it too obvious as to what they're up to and will get screwed... Until that moment, all power to you!! A few people do nothing for me, uttering a 'go team' here and a 'good job' there. C'mon guys you're playing a game!!!! Start playing! And of course lil' Spencer. Gotta root for the boy right?! Plus he looks super cute running around with his scruff all messed up and what not! ;)
link to article
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Um, Coach, Parvati is NOT weak. She dominated and actually won an individual immunity challenge. You can barely participate in immunities. Dumb, hypocritical bastard.
Back to top Go down
SamChez
BB Fan
BB Fan

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Lorrraine thinks I need to post more...so...
Colton, how do you really feel about Coach - I sense you're editing yourself ;)
Back to top Go down
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Look at the ridiculous Elisabeth Filarski aka Hasselback in the View with the Quilt Wig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZcQCDv_qZA&feature=PlayList&p=C8FE795B410D9B95&index=4
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:41 pm

omg....did that bring back some bad memories...that headdress was hideous!!! Maybe she should wear it on the view laughing

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:09 am

pajamajon wrote:
Look at the ridiculous Elisabeth Filarski aka Hasselback in the View with the Quilt Wig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZcQCDv_qZA&feature=PlayList&p=C8FE795B410D9B95&index=4

That damn headress! hahaha she looked like a clown
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Tocantins   

Back to top Go down