BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALThe Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Erika
HOH
HOH

The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:53 pm

I was really hoping Mel and Mike would last longer. And those two little guys should have been given a longer penalties!! WTF...better yet they should have been disqualified! devilish banana
Back to top Go down
https://bbad.forumotion.net
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:57 pm

Kisha is fourth gay cast member on Amazing Race 14, which ignores contestants’ gayness
The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 Amazing-race-lakisha-jennifer2
Openly gay racer LaKisha, left, and her sister/teammate Jennifer

The Amazing Race 14 actually has four openly gay cast members, although only one of them has been identified as gay on the show. Besides its three gay men—Mel White, Mike White (who’s bisexual), and Luke Adams, this season also has a lesbian cast member, LaKisha “Kisha” Hoffman.
CBS confirmed to After Ellen that Kisha “is openly gay,” and the site notes that “there have only been a few openly gay or bisexual women” in the show’s history and “Kisha is the first openly gay woman of color to race on the series,” but “[h]er sexuality has not been mentioned on the show or in any Amazing Race press materials.”
Kisha’s sexual orientation was first revealed in an After Elton interview with Mel White, who was eliminated with his son Mike two episodes ago, in which he also said that Luke Adams wanted to be identified as gay on the show. After Luke “found out that Mike and I were being billed as gay, he wanted to be billed as gay,” but a producer said—and this is Mel paraphrasing a conversation he had with an unnamed producer—‘No, we’re establishing you as what we want you to be established. He’s established as deaf. You’re established as gay, so don’t be interrupting what we’re trying to do here.’”
Mel adds that “they were very clear about not wanting to muddy the waters by bringing in another issue.” That seems pretty consistent with what The Amazing Race does: it focuses on a single characteristic and runs with that the whole season, and never really lets us get to know someone beyond that. (Mike did mention being gay but only in the first episode, when he said, “Being gay and having a gay father definitely has its advantages. You don’t feel like you’re disappointing your parents, since they beat you to the punch.”)
Mel also suggests that there may be other more than the four gay cast members, but he told After Elton he “will not pass on” those “rumors.” He admits that his activism—After Elton calls him “perhaps the country’s most well-known gay Christian activist”; he wrote Stranger at the Gate: To be Gay and Christian in America—affected his desire to have the show be more open about its cast members’ sexual orientations.
He said, “I kept wishing they would bring it up more because I’m an activist and I want people to see, for example, they are constantly saying that gay people are a threat to children and all this stuff, so I wanted to show that gay parents are good parents, too. I wanted to represent gay people and they just didn’t go there.”
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Phil Keoghan tweets that Amazing Race has been renewed; 15th season now casting

Phil is on twitter too! www.twitter.com/philkeoghan

Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan broke the news on Twitter that the series he hosts has been officially renewed for a 15th season.
He wrote, “Great news. Just got the call from the Network. CBS has ordered another season of ‘The Amazing Race.’” He’s currently biking across America and is writing about his journey on Twitter.
CBS confirmed an hour later on Twitter, which The Hollywood Reporter says helped the show “[make] history as the first series whose renewal was announced on Twitter.” In the official press release, CBS notes that the series “is currently averaging 10.94 million viewers” in its 14th season.
The show is currently casting, and the application says there is no deadline but casting producers have “a strong preference to receive your applications as early as possible.”
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:26 am

It really was no surprise that the 2 little guys were going to be eliminated tonight. They had a 4 hour penalty and they had to do a road block or is it called something else? At any rate this episode was not about those 2, it was all about the mat meltdown and everything that built up to that point... I really do think Luke was the one who was out of line and used his handicap to make more of it than what it was. But there is a million dollars on the line and emotions are high so I guess I'll grant him a pass... lol

I really could care less who wins of the 4 teams left but if I had to choose a team I would say the redheads should win, I find them the least annoying of any that are left. dancing banana
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am

its called a speed bump and I agree, there wasn't the usual excitement when watching an episode of TAR because you just knew that the brothers were never in this leg of the race. Too bad, I wouldnt have minded seeing them stick around. I am not annoyed really by any of the remaining teams although I'm glad that the one redhead stopped yelling at cabbies and locals for not speaking english in a foreign country. eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:20 pm

Lorraine wrote:
its called a speed bump and I agree, there wasn't the usual excitement when watching an episode of TAR because you just knew that the brothers were never in this leg of the race. Too bad, I wouldnt have minded seeing them stick around. I am not annoyed really by any of the remaining teams although I'm glad that the one redhead stopped yelling at cabbies and locals for not speaking english in a foreign country. eyeroll

So what they yell at a few cabbies and locals - BFD!.... THEY ARE IN A RACE FOR A MILLION DOLLARS! I'm sure I would lose my cool, hell I lose my cool at much less. I have very little patience for nonsense and I'm sure I would probably have quite a few curse words when yelling at them. smiley_cussing:
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 pm

I don't care what they are in a race for...you don't disrespect the FOREIGN country you are in and yell at people for not speaking your language. If someone was yelling at me for not speaking their language and we were in the United States, I would not be too jazzed.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Lorraine wrote:
I don't care what they are in a race for...you don't disrespect the FOREIGN country you are in and yell at people for not speaking your language. If someone was yelling at me for not speaking their language and we were in the United States, I would not be too jazzed.

laughing @ not being too jazzed

I am simply saying I can see how they would lose their cool - I get it! I don't exactly see grace under fire in this situation
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey E, where is my disco banana..... lmaosmiley
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Exclusive Interview with Mark and Michael Munoz of The Amazing Race

The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 TAR-MarkMike

Mark and Michael Munoz will go down in Amazing Race history for a few reasons. First, these brothers, at 4’9, are the shortest team ever to compete on the race. Second, no team has ever incurred more penalties for breaking the rules. On last night’s episode, a 2 hour penalty plus a Speed Bump task for coming in last place on the previous leg proved to be too much for them to overcome and they were eliminated from the race. Today, they spoke to RealityWanted in an exclusive interview and weighed in on their competitors and the decisions they made that cost them the race.

(Actually a 4 hour penalty was given...get it right..sheesh!) smiley_cussing:

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Whose idea was it to try out for The Amazing Race?
A. Mark: I was approached by the casting directors. For years, they had been looking to get two jockeys on the race. When I called them back to talk about sending in my video with a friend of mine, I also suggested that I bring my brother on the race because I thought that was a neat storyline. Both of my teams made it to the final picking and we ended up getting on.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What kind of preparation did you do, in advance, before going on the show? Did you work out or study languages?
A. Mike: You can’t really study languages because you have no idea where you’re going. As far as physical abilities, we’re stuntmen and we have to train anyway. Languages - you can’t really be prepared with. We speak a little Spanish.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Do you feel like, on this last leg, Tammy and Victor had a big advantage speaking the language in China?
A. Mark: After watching the episode, them speaking Chinese and being Chinese helped them just a little bit. When you’re talking to a taxi driver in Mandarin and telling them they need to go somewhere in Cantonese, all it does is help the other teams who are going to follow them. People all over the world don’t even know what’s going on around the corner. Most people are lost in their own neighborhood!

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: I don’t think I’ve ever seen teams be so impatient with the local people as I have this season. Did Jaime and Cara’s behavior, in particular, surprise you and what do you think when you watch the episodes back?
A. Mike: That’s just how we were brought up. We were taught to be very respectful of other people and cultures. That’s just our upbringing. I wasn’t surprised at all by Jaime or Cara, well, more one than the other. Most people get very frustrated when they aren’t able to communicate.
A. Mark: I’ve traveled abroad before and as far as Jaime and Cara, they were just being themselves. That’s just their personality. They’re not the brightest star on the tree. They tried to work a lot of stuff off of their looks.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: I know you guys missed it but care to weigh in on the throwdown between Jen, Kisha, Margie, and Luke at the mat on last night’s episode?
A. Mike: I would’ve loved to watch it! We had no idea that was happening. Not that we didn’t see it possibly coming between somebody because when you’re racing for a million bucks, you’re going to do what it takes to get ahead.
A. Mark: It is a race for a million dollars. By this time, you kind of knew how everybody was gonna act and react. Any advantage you can do without breaking the rules or the law, you’re gonna do whatever it takes.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Speaking of breaking the rules, you guys incurred a ton of penalties this season! What do you think of it all, when you look back on it?
A. Mike: I tell you, we got a new record, don’t we? [laughs] It was all based on our reactions and the heat of the moment decisions. We don’t want anybody going away mad at us or having not done the right thing, especially in countries where people are poor and doing what they can to make a living. Mark and I come from a background of doing the right thing. It’s just proper.
A. Mark: As far as coming up short and giving the cab guys our stuff, sometimes it’s a moral choice more than right choice. We weren’t looking for any advantage. We were just trying to do the right thing.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Do you guys have a favorite leg of the race or favorite challenge this season?
A. Mark: I had a lot of favorites. There were some really fun things because I’m a physical challenge kind of guy. Running through the streets of Moscow in my underwear… that’s something you can never do again without getting arrested!
A. Mike: Switzerland is beautiful and that bungee jump… man, what a kick! We got to go to China with this beautiful landscape, even though it was our final leg.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: How has life been since the race? Are you getting recognized when you’re out in public and what does the future hold for the two of you?
A. Mike: As far as the future, I love my job as a stuntman and I know Mark would tell you the same thing. I just doubled Danny DeVito, I just finished a project, and it’s coming out in August. I spend as much time with my family as possible. They get a kick out of the fact that, when we go to Disneyland, I get recognized there.
A. Mark: I got recognized in the airport in Utah while on a project I just finished in Park City. A couple big, burly college guys… not attacked me… but approached me and I signed their backpacks and got pictures with them. As far as the future, I’m still an active, professional jockey and love my stunt career. I’ve got an 18 year old ready to go away to college. I just love life in general and I’ll just keep working!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:19 am

... TO BE CONTINUED

I just knew it! 20mins left of the show and I just knew it was one of those to be continued shows (which I hate by the way).

Jennifer needed to suck it up and just get in the water! bitchin

Victor and Tammy I'm getting annoyed with... when the hell are they getting out of China? Seems like they've been in China for 3 weeks!

I'm over Margie and crybaby Luke

GO REDHEADS! so excited
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:50 am

redheads=most annoying team left. LOVED when they got to the Pit stop expecting a prize only to be handed a clue..... laughing The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 143808

on the other hand, I was thinking about this last night and maybe someone can help me out with this. Has there ever been a final that hasnt had at least one male/male team? There is a very good possibility that this season could be the first time a female/female team has won. If this happens I hope it is the sisters. I am glad they are still in the race. The first season with Boston Rob when Uchenna and Joyce won, were all the 3 final teams male/female? I think they were, maybe I answered my own question...lol.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:10 pm

It was Romber, Ucheena/Joyce, and Ron/Kelly. Season 2, Season 5, and Season 6 had an all male/female final three.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks Colton, I should have known you would know!  wink
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Jaime’s ugly Americanism rubs off on other teams
In the middle of two surprising reality show endings that started with Survivor Tocantins’ awesome Tribal Council last Thursday and concluded with the amazing post-Boardroom freakout on Celebrity Apprentice 2, The Amazing Race 14 had a surprising ending of its own, although one that wasn’t quite as dramatic.

After last week’s showdown between two previously thoroughly likable teams, both Jen and Kisha and Margie and Luke insisted that was in the past. “We’re going to move on. We’re over it,” Kisha said. Luke said, “I’m done, I’m not going to talk to them,” but he also said he’d “kick their ass” in the finals. Animosity soon returned, though, when they arrived at the airport and found themselves behind Margie and Luke, who got mad when Jen and Kisha got in line first at a different ticket counter where everyone had to pay for their tickets. For the love and memory of Bea Arthur, can’t all the race’s gays just get along?

The airport tension also turned Jen and Kisha into Jaime for some reason. When they couldn’t get a response from a ticket agent, Jen said, “It’s patented in China. The dumb look.” Then Kisha took it to another level, mocking the Chinese employee by saying, “They should be able to say it. ‘Me no speak English or something.’” But it was Jen who made herself look like the biggest idiot when she was mocking someone who speaks another language—“Me no speaka a English,” she said—and got her stereotype wrong, adopting a mocking Italian accent instead of a Chinese one.

Jen and Kisha commented that Tammy and Victor had an advantage since they speak Mandarin, and while that’s true, they probably are helped the most by not being asses. Tammy asked for a seat near the front of the plane by saying to an agent, “please, I beg of you,” and then laughing when she asked the agent to put the other teams in the back of the plane.

At the Roadblock in Beijing, one team member had to get a painful foot massage for 10 minutes, and Cara opted to do it. Jaime told her, “If you say uncle, I’m going to hurt you.” Cara replied, “Shut up, Jaime. Just be quiet.” Finally! Can we please pay that masseuse to massage Cara all the time so she’ll be forced to continually tell Jaime to shut up?

I’m sure someone smarter than I will tell me what it was, but Luke appeared to have a Chiquita banana-like sticker sticker on the bottom of his right foot. Anyway, while getting a massage, Luke actually said, “ow,” but the editors subtitled him anyway: “Ow.” Helpful.

Trying to get a cab, Jaime said something offensive that was censored and I couldn’t even figure it out—“You look like freakin’ like you’re” something, she said to a cab driver, while Jen’s obnoxious comment was much more direct, as she just said, “They all look alike.”

The Detour task had the teams attempting synchronized diving or a 400-meter relay, one of Michael Phelps’ events during the Beijing Olympics. Phil helpfully explained that “teams don’t have to beat Phelps’ time,” but they still were compared to his time, mostly to make them look worse than they already look, apparently. Jaime, for example, dog paddled her way across the pool as that familiar green line showing Michael Phelps’ time sped its way ahead of her in the pool.

Attempting the synchronized diving, which was actually more like synchronized jumping off a diving board, Tammy said, “I have no idea what we’re doing wrong.” I’m no synchronized diving judge—I’m usually too busy ogling the divers to, like, judge them—but it seems to me the problem is that Victor is jumping into the pool about five minutes before you even walk to the end of the diving board.

Jen had issues with being in the pool, and Kisha was perhaps one of the most amazingly supportive teammates we’ve ever seen. Instead of hurling her sister into the water when Jen said, “I wanna go home,” she talked her through it and even put on a life vest in solidarity.

Victor’s legs were cramping as he tried to get into a cab, so he made orgasm noises to help ease the pain.

Jaime was practically wetting her pants having arrived first, and seemed to even be crying, so she missed Phil saying “You are the first team to arrive.” But instead of a penalty, he pulled out an even more frustrating weapon: another clue, as the leg of the race—just like the episode—was to be continued.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Quote :
I’m sure someone smarter than I will tell me what it was, but Luke appeared to have a Chiquita banana-like sticker sticker on the bottom of his right foot. Anyway, while getting a massage, Luke actually said, “ow,” but the editors subtitled him anyway: “Ow.” Helpful.

The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 143808 lmaosmiley
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm

Ok, you're racing for a million dollars, you KNOW that there is a team right behind you and you stop to pee???? I would have been trotting yippee into the pit stop with wet pants....trust me.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:12 pm

JEN AND KISHA sad1 DAMN THE U-TURN! Kris and Amanda first, now Kisha and Jen. :(
I like Tammy and Victor, but I do not like the fact they U-TURNED the sistahs! <3
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:15 pm

I know Colton, but for the UTurn (and stopping to pee?), Jen and Kisha sail into the finals easily!
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict
Colton

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:35 pm

I know! I DESPISE the GINGERBEASTS!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Redheads! dancing banana
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Sadly another season of TAR comes to an end. This season, like all seasons before this one, did not disappoint! The race was Margie and Lukes to lose and unfortunately what looked like an easy task for Luke turned out to be not so easy. All 3 teams left were deserving to win although the fact that 2 lawyers won this doesn't set too well with me but they were a likable team so good for them. The redheads were their own worst enemies and even though they werent my favorite team, seeing a 2 female team win would have been nice. Of all the players left though, the best player of them all was the oldest...Margie. That woman kicked ass and ran one heck of a race. She kept up with players half her age and beat players half her age. As for Luke, I couldnt even imagine running this race with all my senses let alone being deaf. Awesome show as usual!

Does anyone know if you get something for second or third place? Just wondering because Luke gave the redheads their final answer and handed them 2nd place basically because fortunately for the redheads, their surfboard was right there while Luke had to search for his final board.

Sundays are gonna suck now...no more CA and no more TAR cry smiley
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:24 am

I didn't hate the winners... that's a good thing but I was really rooting for the redheads. I was so glad Luke stumbled on his the very last U turn! Margie did rock and they should have won that but oh well. If the redheads couldn't have won I was rooting for Tammy and Victor

and NEXT Sunday won't suck... Hello? It's the Survivor Finale!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:58 am

LOL @ that....holy cow, forgot about Survivor Finale. Ok, I'll give you that one but what about NEXT Sunday night huh??? LOL
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
Erika

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Brother-Sister Team Wins "Amazing Race"
Harvard-Educated Lawyers Take Home $1 Million
The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 Image5005101g
Some quick thinking at the end won $1 million for a Chinese-American brother-sister team of Harvard-educated lawyers on CBS television's round-the-world competition "Amazing Race."

But it was a heartbreaking finish for the competition's first deaf contestant.

The winner, Victor Jih, 35, and his sister Tammy, 26, explored a sometimes contentious relationship during their journey. The 14th edition of the game concluded in Maui, Hawaii, and was televised Sunday.

"I just tried to enjoy the race for what it was and just be true to my emotions, the highs and lows," Victor Jih said after the victory. They're both practicing lawyers in California.

Three teams traveled from Beijing to Hawaii for the game's final set of competitions, which involved preparing pigs for luaus and racing on personal watercrafts to find clues floating on the water.

Luke Adams, 22, just graduated as the valedictorian of the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind, and raced with his mother Margie, 50. They were in the lead heading into the last competition, which involved picking out surfboards with insignias representing every leg of their trip. Luke started fast but could not get the last one right.
Some quick thinking at the end won $1 million for a Chinese-American brother-sister team of Harvard-educated lawyers on CBS television's round-the-world competition "Amazing Race."

But it was a heartbreaking finish for the competition's first deaf contestant.

The winner, Victor Jih, 35, and his sister Tammy, 26, explored a sometimes contentious relationship during their journey. The 14th edition of the game concluded in Maui, Hawaii, and was televised Sunday.

"I just tried to enjoy the race for what it was and just be true to my emotions, the highs and lows," Victor Jih said after the victory. They're both practicing lawyers in California.

Three teams traveled from Beijing to Hawaii for the game's final set of competitions, which involved preparing pigs for luaus and racing on personal watercrafts to find clues floating on the water.

Luke Adams, 22, just graduated as the valedictorian of the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind, and raced with his mother Margie, 50. They were in the lead heading into the last competition, which involved picking out surfboards with insignias representing every leg of their trip. Luke started fast but could not get the last one right.

As he was frustrated, Victor Jih completed his task and headed into a taxi for the finish line. So did the third team, two former National Football League cheerleaders who were trying to be the first all-female team to win the race. Cara Rosenthal, 26, of Boca Raton, Florida, and pal Jaime Edmondson, 29, of Fort Lauderdale, finished second, hampered at the end by a clueless cab driver.

Margie Adams tried to console her son during the final cab ride to the finish line after 40,000 miles.

"I'm very lucky to have you as my mom," Luke said to her in the shorthand sign language they had developed together.
Back to top Go down
pajamajon
BB Lover
BB Lover
pajamajon

PostSubject: Tammy and Vicotr Interview -Courtesy Reality Wanted   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Exclusive Interview with Tammy and Victor Jih of The Amazing Race

Posted on 05/11/2009 by Gina in Amazing Race 14, Cast Interviews
Be The First To Comment

by Gina Scarpa

On last night’s season finale of The Amazing Race, Tammy and Victor pulled off the near impossible. Not only did they cross the finish line first and become the winners of The Amazing Race, their entire alliance made it to the final leg and finished the race as well. Tammy and Victor started the race as a force to be reckoned with but a meltdown in Romania almost cost them the race. They regrouped, got focused, and never looked back. Today, the winners of The Amazing Race spoke to RealityWanted in an exclusive interview about life during the race and what the future has in store for them.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: I know you’ve had to keep the fact that you won a secret for quite some time. What have things been like since the finale aired last night?
Tammy: It’s been a whirlwind. I haven’t had a chance to process it all. We were so lucky that our mom and dad were able to fly out from Taiwan to New York last night. They had no idea that we had won. It was so incredible to share that experience with them.

Victor: It allows us to feel special and like rock stars for a little while!

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Whose idea was it to try out for the race?
Victor: Definitely Tammy’s idea. I’ve been the longer fan. I’ve watched since season 1 and even endured season 8, the family edition. I’ve always thought, “Wouldn’t it be great to be on the show?” but it took Tammy to actually say, "Let’s do it".

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: I liked you guys from the very first episode and then, you struggled in Romania, and I started to get nervous. Tell me about that leg of the race, now that you have some perspective on it.
Victor: I still have difficulties watching that episode. I’ve watched it once and cannot watch it again. Episode 3 should be called “Everything Bad That Could Happen To Victor”.
Tammy: And Tammy. I had to wear white spandex!
Victor: In hindsight, I feel like we needed Romania to do well on the race. I felt like it was my responsibility to make sure that we do well. I realized that, in order to win The Amazing Race, you need two people. Going into Romania, we would fight. We could never agree on tactics. I think that we both compromised a little bit out of Romania.
Tammy: It paid off on a personal level as well.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What was your strategy going into the race, when it came to working with other teams? We saw you working closely with teams at times and then breaking off on your own when necessary.
Victor: It was interesting watching that and seeing what other teams would say. We shared a personal sized pizza with Margie and Luke and Jamie and Cara on the first leg of the race. We talked about alliances and talked about how great it would be if we were the final three teams in the race. Jaime said, though, that we should mutually want each other to be in the final round but race for ourselves. We had an alliance from day one.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: How surprised were you that you were actually able to pull things off and get your alliance, in tact, to the final leg of the race?
Tammy: I was totally surprised! When we were all waiting for our flights from China to Hawaii, we were just marveling at how incredible it was that we were the final three teams.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Do the two of you have plans to keep traveling?
Victor: Oh definitely! Tammy’s already claimed the Galapagos trip. She made it clear that she’d rather go with her boyfriend than me. We’ve always loved traveling before. What the race has done is made me realize that it’s fun to travel in places that I otherwise wouldn’t want to go.
Tammy: We traveled in our comfort zone and we stayed in hotels that catered to Westerners. After doing the race, I realize how incredible it would be to an adventure traveler!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next