Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTAL
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Share | 

The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:21 pm

CBS has revealed the identities of the 11 teams competing on The Amazing Race's fourteenth season, which will premiere Sunday, February 15 at 8PM ET/PT.

Like all previous The Amazing Race editions, the members of the 11 teams competing on the show's fourteenth installment have a pre-existing relationship with one another. Five teams are made up of family members, four teams consist of couples who are married or dating, and two teams are friends.

In addition to The Amazing Race's first-ever deaf contestant, the cast also includes a gay father and his Hollywood writer/actor son and a team of brothers who are stuntmen.
The Amazing Race 14's teams traveled 40,000 miles in just 22 days and made stops in nine different countries.

In addition to the world's second tallest bungee jump, the course also included bone-chilling Siberian temperatures, the suffocating heat of India, and an Olympic-sized challenge that left the teams "gasping for air," according to CBS. The course also featured The Amazing Race's first-ever trips to Romania and Siberia.

"Heading into our 14th season, I wanted to pull out all the stops. We have extreme climates, intense roadblocks and less time in airports, which adds up to an exhausting course for the racers, said Bertram van Munster, The Amazing Race's co-creator and executive producer. "Whether you're a screenwriter, a Harvard graduate, a jockey or a carpenter, this race will test your stamina, your heart and your will to win."

The Amazing Race 14's premiere will mark the first time CBS has aired fall and spring editions of The Amazing Race in the same season since the show's tenth and eleventh editions aired during the 2006-2007 season.

The 11 teams competing on The Amazing Race's fourteenth season -- as well as their CBS-supplied profile information -- are:

"Brothers/Stuntmen" Mark and Michael Munoz

Mark is a 48-year-old stuntman/actor from Los Angeles, CA. Michael is a 51-year-old stuntman/actor from Maui, HI.

CBS says: This team of brothers has been competing - against everyone else and each other - their entire lives. Standing at 4' 9", they chose similar paths in their lives and after years of surfing big waves and racing horses around a track, they're eager to run the race of a lifetime with one another.

"Sibling Lawyers" Tammy and Victor Jih

Tammy is a 26-year-old lawyer from San Francisco, CA. Victor is a 35-year-old lawyer from Los Angeles, CA.

CBS says: If they can manage to set aside sibling rivalries long enough to use their most valuable attribute - their intelligence - this brother/sister duo, both with Harvard Law degrees, might just have what it takes to outsmart the competition and be a force to be reckoned with.

"Sisters" Jennifer and LaKisha Hoffman

Jennifer is a 24-year-old marketing assistant from Louisville, KY. Lakisha is a 28-year-old program coordinator from Bronx, NY.

CBS says: These two former Division 1 collegiate athletes look forward to becoming the first ever all female Team to win [The Amazing Race]. Both attended the University of Louisville where LaKisha played basketball and Jennifer played volleyball. Both sisters are extremely competitive and athletic, but aside from their physical prowess, the similarities between the two are hard to find.

Flight Attendants" Christie Volkmer and Jodi Wincheski

Christie is a 37-year-old flight attendant from Choctaw, OK. Jodi is a 40-year-old fight attendant from, Houston, TX.

CBS says: These two savvy flight attendants met while working on a Southwest Airlines flight six years ago and they made an instant connection. Both are extremely competitive. Will their extensive knowledge of the airline industry prove to be enough of an advantage to bring home the million dollars?

"Former NFL Cheerleaders" Cara Rosenthal and Jaime Edmondson

Cara is a 26-year-old law student from Boca Raton, FL. Jaime is a 29-year-old former police officer from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

CBS says: Cara and Jaime met three years ago while cheerleading for the NFL's Miami Dolphins. But don't be fooled by their looks, these two women are as tough as they come. Jaime is a former police officer and Cara is planning to attend law school.

"Married Couple" Brad and Victoria Hunt

Brad is a 52-year-old distribution dispatcher. Victoria is a 47-year-old tax manager. They reside in Columbus, OH.

CBS says: Married for nine years, Brad and Victoria may not always see eye-to-eye, but they do make a dynamic team. After having major foot surgery, Victoria was told she could never run again. She is now out to prove that anything is possible. This physically fit team hopes to gain a lifetime of stories and a little bit of glue to reinforce their bond.

"Father and Son" Mel and Mike White.

Mel is a 68-year-old writer/clergyman from Lynchberg, VA. Mike is a 38-year-old writer, producer and actor from Santa Monica, CA.

CBS says: Mike and Mel had a pretty typical family life until Mike was 11 years old, which is when Mel told the family that he was gay. Mike works as a writer, director and actor in Los Angeles. His writing credits include the feature films "Nacho Libre" and "School of Rock," in which he also starred opposite Jack Black. Mel, a gay rights activist, has worked as a writer, professor, filmmaker and a pastor and is eager to have a once in a lifetime experience with his youngest child.

Married Couple" Steve and Linda Cole

Linda is a 52-year-old customer service supervisor. Steve is a 43-year-old carpenter. They reside in Martinsville, VA.

CBS says: This husband and wife team met when Steve went with a date to Linda's house for a party. Linda asked her brother to keep his date occupied while she asked Steve out. They have been together ever since and married for 17 years. They both have children from previous marriages, but treat all of them as their very own.

"Dating Couple" Jennifer Hopka and Preston McCamy.

Jennifer is a 26-year-old student. Preston is a 28-year-old software engineer. Both reside in Columbia, SC.

CBS says: Jennifer and Preston have been dating for over a year but they couldn't be more different. Preston is adventurous and Jennifer would rather hang out with friends, but as a team they hope to bring out the best in each other and solidify their relationship. They have broken up and made up on several occasions and, while she's ready to get engaged, he has some reservations.

"Dating Couple" Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka

Amanda is a 23-year-old student. Kris is a 24-year-old sales representative. Both reside in San Diego, CA.

CBS says: This young couple who met more three years ago hopes to spend the rest of their lives together, but before taking their relationship to the next level they are looking forward to sharing this experience together. Amanda is a communications student at Cal State San Marcos and Kris works as a sales representative for a communications company. Neither has traveled extensively but they are eager to see the world.

"Mother and Son" Margie and Luke Adams.

Margie is a 51-year-old clinical research associate. Luke is a 23-year-old college graduate. Both reside in Denver, CO.

CBS says: This mother/son team is determined to show the world that nothing can stop them from living out their dreams. They enjoy hiking and traveling together and share a strong bond. Luke has been deaf since the age of two and Margie became his link to the hearing world. He uses sign language to communicate.

So where is the eye candy??? don't know

Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 am

Amanda & Kris <33
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Lorraine wrote:

"Father and Son" Mel and Mike White.

Mel is a 68-year-old writer/clergyman from Lynchberg, VA. Mike is a 38-year-old writer, producer and actor from Santa Monica, CA.

CBS says: Mike and Mel had a pretty typical family life until Mike was 11 years old, which is when Mel told the family that he was gay. Mike works as a writer, director and actor in Los Angeles. His writing credits include the feature films "Nacho Libre" and "School of Rock," in which he also starred opposite Jack Black. Mel, a gay rights activist, has worked as a writer, professor, filmmaker and a pastor and is eager to have a once in a lifetime experience with his youngest child.

So where is the eye candy??? don't know

Oh C'mon don't you think this is eye candy? see no evil speak no
Back to top Go down
http://bbad.forumotion.net
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:35 pm

LOL just read this!!! I guess I missed them....yup definite EYE CANDY!! laughing

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

On the Season Premiere of 'The Amazing Race' the contestants
bungee jump, try to carry 200 pounds of cheese, & try not to be the last team
to arrive to the mat. Catch an all-new season starting Sunday

Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Ok, so the season premiere of TAR 14 started tonight and it did not disappoint!! So far this seems to be a pretty likable cast although its VERY early and I'm sure plenty of teams will end up annoying me..lol. The bungy jump was INSANE!! :affraid:
Carrying that cheese looked absolutely grueling and just when you thought Steve and Linda were dead in the water, they came up with the smartest plan of them all. Of course its only a matter of time for them I think sad1
I still don't see how the flight attendents beat Preston and Jennifer to the pit stop or with the cheese task for that matter. Too bad, I think they could have been contenders!
The stuntmen crack me up and I missed the first 10 minutes of the show and did not realize that they were that short until they got to the pitstop..LOL
The funniest thing that truly made me laugh out loud was when Mel was sliding down the hill with a block of cheese on his lap and saw another block of cheese come barreling down the hill and he said "please don't let me get hit by a cheese" lmaosmiley Loved it!
I loved when Phil, in sign language, told Margie and Luke that they were team number 1. Very nice moment.
All in all, another great start to TAR!!

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:31 am

Loved the show! I thought the bungee jump was crazy insane but I loved the cheese task they had to do ... it reminded me the season where lil Charla had to carry that meat on her back. It was very funny watching them all fall, almost like a domino effect.

Ok I'm not sure which teams I really like but I know which I either don't like or just want gone...

= Needs to go... annoying dorks!
= Needs to go... lame and nerdy!
= Needs to go... he's a dufus and she seems to suffer from mental illness!
= Needs to go... yaaaawn!

I think the 2 that were last to arrive would have been fun, he seemed like a hot head, would have provided for lots of entertainment. flaming hot
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:48 pm

This episode started The Amazing Race off to an "Amazing" start! I really like the diversity of the teams this year. I agree with Lorraine, Phil telling Luke & Margie in sign language they were the first team was a touching moment. Of course we all know I am all for sentimental stuff. :)

My Rankings:

Those are my Top 3 as of now. I really despise Linda & Steve.
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:23 am

The biggest forgetable team of this season was eliminated and I'm more than ok with them going. I never like people sticking around that I could care less for one way or the other. Did he have to mention his alcoholism and drug past ... I mean geesh! Somethings just don't need to be mentioned to ALL! wave byeeeee!

My top picks ...THUS FAR:

Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 pm

I liked the Lawyers but last night I could have smacked the brother.....Don't freaking cry after you realize that you were an idiot by not listening to you sister...suck it up and get back in the race. I almost wished they would have been last but I think the race is much more interesting with them in the race then with them out of the race. I have no favs right now although before last night, the lawyers were my front runners.

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Yeah I agree Victor should have listened to his sister, but then again she should have also been more vocal. I surely wouldn't be climbing some mountain knowning this is leading NO WHERE! And as far as for him crying like a little bitch.... suck it up! It's the Amazing Race! No time for tears! cry smiley
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 am

Erika, you like Kris & Amanda?! <3
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Colton wrote:
Erika, you like Kris & Amanda?! <3

Yes? Is this shocking?! Jaw dropper
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:27 pm

No! I'm just excited! :D
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Well just got done watching TAR. As much as I didn't like the U-Turn given to Kris and Amanda, I have to admit, it was pretty smart. Huge threats, huge contenders and they are, afterall, trying to win a million bucks. Would not have expected that from Margie and Luke. ninja

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 am

Out of all people to be so SINISTER! Never trust a deaf kid... haha jk!

That sucked though I was really hoping they'd last longer.... next week's episode looks nuts with everyone showing their ass! LITERALLY!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:46 am

Did you notice though that this season you don't have to post your picture beneath the U-turned team to let them know who U-turned them?? I think thats a pretty good idea. I wouldn't want to screw some team royally then have to post my teams pic next to them. I think teams are more likely to use this to their advantage if they dont have to broadcast that they did it.

Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm

I do not need to voice my opinion on this. I'm sure it was heard loud and clear by everyone except for Luke when he and his mother U-TURNED Kris and Amanda.
Back to top Go down
Colton
BB Addict
BB Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:22 pm

INTENSE LOVE. <3
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:43 am

They look adoreable! heartshape2
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 pm

I had a feeling that Christie and Jodi would not get eliminated last night. Somebody was due to get saved from elimination with only 7 teams left.

The little guy looked like a character straight out of a video game running in his skivvies!
and did that one black girl say she had to borrow underware because she doesn't wear any? haha... I don't know if that's something I would have shared!
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:21 pm

I just read Phil's blog about last night's show and I couldn't agree more about us viewers seeing parts of the world that we'd never get a chance to see elsewhere at least not on primetime tv AND mainly the not so good parts like when they were in India... yikes! I can't even imagine!

Mel and his kid are really starting to grow on me, none of them really stand out as far as disliking them. How unusual to watch a reality show and not have some standout sickening person(s) that I can't stand to watch/listen to.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 pm

omg E, I had that exact convo today with a friend of mine. Of the teams that are left, uhhhhhh no one is annoying me!! Hard to believe...lol

Lorraine
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Gotta love Phil! cool

Phil Keoghan to Take His Own Amazing Race

He's no stranger to observing overwhelming challenges, but by his own estimation, "This is the most daunting physical thing I have ever attempted," Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan tells PEOPLE about his own amazing race a 40-day, 39-city cycling tour from Los Angeles to New York.

Starting this Saturday, Keoghan, 41, plans to average 100 miles a day in pedal power. "Riding a bicycle is about getting back to basics," he says. "It's good for the waistline and it's good for the wallet, is what I'm saying."

But Keoghan isn't undertaking the road trip strictly for fitness. His adventure, sponsored by the health-store chain GNC, will take him to GNC outlets, to casting calls for The Amazing Race, to signings of his book No Opportunity Wasted, and to promotions of his favorite portable food NOW One Square Meals. The journey will also help him raise money and awareness for Bike MS.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society "is sponsoring nine of the major rides I am doing," he says. "I have been involved with the MS chapter here in California, and I have participated in their rides over the last four years."

Keoghan hopes he is not alone on the road. He is encouraging fans and well-wishers to check out his Twitter updates or, better yet, turn out in person to see him, or even sign up to ride with him.

Also on view will be former Amazing Race contestants and even Keoghan's dad, John. "It's an absolute, monumental effort," says Keoghan, "but I think a tremendous amount of good is going to come out of it."

Here's a first look at Keoghan's itinerary:

Saturday, March 28 Los Angeles
Sunday, March 29 Victorville, Calif.
Monday, March 30 Baker, Calif.
Tuesday, March 31 Las Vegas
Wednesday, April 1 Caliente, Nev.
Thursday, April 2 Cedar City, Utah
Friday, April 3 Kanab, Utah
Saturday, April 4 Page, Ariz.
Sunday, April 5 Kayenta, Ariz.
Monday, April 6 Cortez, Colo.
Tuesday, April 7 Pagosa Springs, Colo.
Wednesday, April 8 Saguache, Colo.
Thursday, April 9 Fairplay, Colo.
Friday, April 10 Denver, Rest Day
Saturday, April 11 Denver
Sunday, April 12 Fort Morgan, Colo.
Monday, April 13 Wray, Colo.
Tuesday, April 14 McCook, Neb.
Wednesday, April 15 Holdrege, Neb.
Thursday, April 16 Sutton, Neb.
Friday, April 17 Lincoln, Neb.
Saturday, April 18 Omaha, Neb.
Sunday, April 19 Atlantic, Iowa
Monday, April 20 Des Moines, Iowa
Tuesday, April 21 Iowa City, Iowa
Wednesday, April 22 Davenport, Iowa
Thursday, April 23 Rochelle, Ill.
Friday, April 24 Chicago.
Saturday, April 25 Chicago
Sunday, April 26 Plymouth, Ind.
Monday, April 27 Fort Wayne, Ind.
Tuesday, April 28 Lima, Ohio
Wednesday, April 29 Columbus, Ohio
Thursday, April 30 Dennison, Ohio
Friday, May 1 Pittsburgh, Rest Day
Saturday, May 2 Pittsburgh
Sunday, May 3 Frostburg, Md.
Monday. May 4 Hagerstown, Md.
Tuesday, May 5 Washington, D.C.
Wednesday, May 6 Baltimore
Thursday, May 7 Philadelphia
Friday, May 8 New York, End City

Erika
HOH
HOH

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:53 pm

I was really hoping Mel and Mike would last longer. And those two little guys should have been given a longer penalties!! WTF...better yet they should have been disqualified! devilish banana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!   

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Race season 14 Cast!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next