Big Brother 16
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTAL
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

Share | 
 

 What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Colton's Gameplay
Colton's awesome and I want him to win!
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
Colton's playing a good game, Colton FTW!
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
Colton's gameplay is shakey, but still Colton FTW
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
Colton's gameplay is not as good as I thought it would be
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Colton's game is weak as hell, I could care less I'm rooting for someone else
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Colton's game sucks ass! He's going to over play it!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Whether he sucks or not I want Colton to win simply because he's a caller and listener of BBAD Radio!
50%
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10
 

AuthorMessage
Lorraine
HOH
HOH


Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Nikolas wrote:
Lorraine wrote:
cheater!!!! LOL

Just think of it in Big Brother terms. If your husband vetoes himself off your block, you gotta find a replacement nominee.




lol, you're killing me Nik! I hope you call into the show this season!
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 am

Girl, you know I will. Someone has to put the HO back in HOH.

(sit down Rachel!)
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:05 am

Nikolas wrote:
Girl, you know I will. Someone has to put the HO back in HOH.

(sit down Rachel!)


_________________
"I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee"~Joe DiMaggio
"Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, when you get bitten, hate the bite"~Sly Stone
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 46
Location : Tennessee, by way of BROOKLYN, NY

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Jennie & Nikolas....Erika, you know I really don't have a edit button, but in this case, I do because if I say what I really feel, it will go to another level. zip lip

As for what Nikolas said on talking game play, the only person I see playing the game is Sabrina, but I still need more time.
Back to top Go down
bostongirl
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 603
Join date : 2008-09-25
Location : Boston,MA

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Lorraine wrote:
I don't expect anyone to feel charitable to Colton however I do think a few things should be taken into consideration. He is young and extremely naive and obviously severely sheltered.

Yes he is young but naive and sheltered is debatable. How sheltered can one actually be in this day and age with the internet. Today is nothing like when some of us grew up. In most cases what your parents didnt want you to know you didnt...until sone of the neighbohrood kids starting schooling you to stuff...lol. In Coltons case we know for sure he cant be too sheltered. We know him through Big Brother, blogs wesites...etc, not to mention social media...thats not a sheltered person in my opinion. Unless however he is using a computer with parental control, which i highly doubt since he is a grown man...lol. I think that at this point he just needs to own it and deal with the backlash.
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 46
Location : Tennessee, by way of BROOKLYN, NY

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm

bostongirl wrote:
Lorraine wrote:
I don't expect anyone to feel charitable to Colton however I do think a few things should be taken into consideration. He is young and extremely naive and obviously severely sheltered.

Yes he is young but naive and sheltered is debatable. How sheltered can one actually be in this day and age with the internet. Today is nothing like when some of us grew up. In most cases what your parents didnt want you to know you didnt...until sone of the neighbohrood kids starting schooling you to stuff...lol. In Coltons case we know for sure he cant be too sheltered. We know him through Big Brother, blogs wesites...etc, not to mention social media...thats not a sheltered person in my opinion. Unless however he is using a computer with parental control, which i highly doubt since he is a grown man...lol. I think that at this point he just needs to own it and deal with the backlash.

Perfect BG! I too think it's Bullshit to make excuses for Colton.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm

SMOOCHES wrote:
bostongirl wrote:
Lorraine wrote:
I don't expect anyone to feel charitable to Colton however I do think a few things should be taken into consideration. He is young and extremely naive and obviously severely sheltered.

Yes he is young but naive and sheltered is debatable. How sheltered can one actually be in this day and age with the internet. Today is nothing like when some of us grew up. In most cases what your parents didnt want you to know you didnt...until sone of the neighbohrood kids starting schooling you to stuff...lol. In Coltons case we know for sure he cant be too sheltered. We know him through Big Brother, blogs wesites...etc, not to mention social media...thats not a sheltered person in my opinion. Unless however he is using a computer with parental control, which i highly doubt since he is a grown man...lol. I think that at this point he just needs to own it and deal with the backlash.

Perfect BG! I too think it's Bullshit to make excuses for Colton.



damn, out of everything I wrote about the subject, THIS is all that is considered?? Sorry if it is perceived as "bullshit" but its how I feel. I do not think he is a lost cause and I still believe there is hope for him and he can learn from his mistakes. Write him off is that is how you feel...its just not how I feel. If we turned our backs on everyone who made a mistake or did something or said something stupid or foolish we would most likely not have very many people in our lives, if any. I have not ONCE defended what Colton said and stated numerous times how angry, shocked and disappointed I was about this but I certainly won't start defending myself for my thoughts or opinions. Never did and never will.

This is a tweet from Chitown Brad. Some of you know him, some don't but this is EXACTLY how I feel about it. There is also one from Sabrina that says exactly how I feel. Its good to know I am not alone.

ChiTownBB

@ChitownBB




I was quite the little bastard myself at
20, you'd all probably hate me if you knew me then. We hopefully learn
and grow from our mistakes











ChiTownBB

@ChitownBB









I've met a thousand @ColtonCumbie's over the years, I do think he's sincere and will learn a lot from this. I appreciate that statement.
















8 Mar



Sabrina Thompson

@IamSabrinaT




@Hugh310 I "try" to choose to see the potential in folks. Hating him= too easy.Loving @coltoncumbie enough to want to educate him= difficult




Colton's statement: read from the bottom up. Will he progress and learn from this? the jury is still out.



Colton Cumbie

@ColtonCumbie


I thought was funny and ok wasn't. I've
learned I can still be funny and it doesn't have to be at the expense of
some1 else. *pageant wave*

















Colton Cumbie

@ColtonCumbie












a "queen" as a joke. Am I a bigot? I don't
think so. I think I was a 20 year old brat who had never been out into
the real world, and what




























Colton Cumbie

@ColtonCumbie







I seriously don't hate anyone. I make fun
of MYSELF..my sense of humor as always been kind sarcastic and somewhat
critical. I call myself


























Colton Cumbie

@ColtonCumbie










kind of one of those situations where you
you don't really realize how you sound until it's played back and you're
literally cringing..











Colton Cumbie

@ColtonCumbie



..but seeing myself act that way on
television helps me to grow as a person b/c it's uncomfortable and
embarrassing for ME to watch. It's





























3h



Colton Cumbie

@ColtonCumbie






  • Reply





  • Retweet





  • Favorite





  • Open




Were my comments ignorant? YES! They were
meant to be funny..I see they weren't. Do I regret them? I'm torn. In a
way, yes b/c it hurt ppl













_________________
"I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee"~Joe DiMaggio
"Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, when you get bitten, hate the bite"~Sly Stone


Last edited by Lorraine on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:57 pm

SMOOCHES wrote:
Thanks Jennie & Nikolas....Erika, you know I really don't have a edit button, but in this case, I do because if I say what I really feel, it will go to another level.

As for what Nikolas said on talking game play, the only person I see playing the game is Sabrina, but I still need more time.


I think you should say what you feel regardless of what level it takes you to. If its how you feel, then it should be stated.

_________________
"I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee"~Joe DiMaggio
"Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, when you get bitten, hate the bite"~Sly Stone
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Smooches and Lorraine, I agree with you both on Sabrina. Out of the women, she seems to have the most level head (for now) and she cracks me up (take note Colton: that's how funny is actually done). For now, Sabrina and Jay are the ones I have my eye on (Jay for other reasons too of course haha).
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 46
Location : Tennessee, by way of BROOKLYN, NY

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Lorraine you shouldn't need to defend yourself. You stated your opinions and we stated ours. No defending response needed.

Let me just put it out there, we all have spoken vile and disgusting words and opinions on these "reality tv" personalities. And there is plenty of people I have disliked more than Colton, however, if Colton was not apart of this site, I think some opinions would be different; meaning vile and disgusting things would have been said about him. Yea he's you ladies friend and cool with us all, but why should his ass get a pass? Why should there be hope wishing for him, we don't do that with anyone else! I really don't care what people tweet, post etc...about Colton because I don't read those things, and I have my opinion. I am going to repeat this for the last time, if someone had said some insulting things about Colton that person would have been dogged up and down this site. So I think this is all a bunch of Bullshit.

BTW, Nikolas I think Jay is a cutie too, I thought Matt was a lil' hottie and the guy with the dark hair isn't bad on the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:18 pm

so wait, because we are NOT calling him vile and disgusting names, we are giving him a pass?? If you want to call him vile and disgusting names, go ahead. We told you, we don't edit. If thats the "level" that you feel it needs to be taken to and if you think it will help...we are not stopping you.

Quote :
Why should there be hope wishing for him

I'm not sure what this statement means but if you mean we are hoping that he can grow and mature from him mistakes, yes we do hope that...why wouldnt you hope that for him? what should we do...drown him? Kill him? Never talk to him again? Thats not how I roll. What he did is not unforgivable and you are right, its not the worst thing I have seen someone do on a reality show.

Let me just end with this....yes, its true, we do know him...very well. Which is why we are angry, disappointed and shocked at his behavior. However, because we know him, we know thats not all there is to Colton.

_________________
"I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee"~Joe DiMaggio
"Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, when you get bitten, hate the bite"~Sly Stone
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 pm

SMOOCHES wrote:

BTW, Nikolas I think Jay is a cutie too, I thought Matt was a lil' hottie and the guy with the dark hair isn't bad on the eyes. [/color]

Now someone's talking my language! smile Matt's personality undermined his (admittedly hot) looks for me, but yeah the ones you list are the best looking guys out there. Jay's voice sounds like he's sucking on a helium balloon, but it's also kind of adorable, and I have a weakness for dumb-hot. Plus I think Jay is doing exactly what a guy in his position should be doing right now.

I also think Leif has the potential to go far if Colton would leave him the eff alone.

Oh and to talk strategy and casting a bit. Can I just say that rabid super-fans of Survivor and Big Brother NEVER make the best players? Ronnie, Matt and Adam on BB and now Cochron and Colton on Survivor (yes, Colton's spectacularly awful gameplay this season puts him right in line with those guys). These people always talk about being great players more than, you know...actually being great players. I know I'm in the minority on this, but this is why I'm OK with the show's scout casting. Often the best people are those who aren't obsessed with the show.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Nikolas wrote:
SMOOCHES wrote:

BTW, Nikolas I think Jay is a cutie too, I thought Matt was a lil' hottie and the guy with the dark hair isn't bad on the eyes. [/color]

Now someone's talking my language! Matt's personality undermined his (admittedly hot) looks for me, but yeah the ones you list are the best looking guys out there. Jay's voice sounds like he's sucking on a helium balloon, but it's also kind of adorable, and I have a weakness for dumb-hot. Plus I think Jay is doing exactly what a guy in his position should be doing right now.

I also think Leif has the potential to go far if Colton would leave him the eff alone.

Oh and to talk strategy and casting a bit. Can I just say that rabid super-fans of Survivor and Big Brother NEVER make the best players? Ronnie and Matt on BB and now Cochron and Colton on Survivor. These people always talk about being great players more than, you know...actually being great players. I know I'm in the minority on this, but this is why I'm OK with the show's scout casting. Often the best people are those who aren't obsessed with the show.

You said a mouthful Nik! Remember Eric the ice cream scooper in fans vs favs who gave away immunity? Sometimes I think casting just sits down and figures out who is the most dysfunctional and gets them a pen and a contract. Find more Dr. Wills, Ethans and dare I say it, Dans from BB10. Sometimes we have such high hopes when new casts are released only to be very disappointed by how they really are.

I'm not so sure about Leif. I would have loved to see him fight back but he pretty much accepted his fate and agreed to go along with giving the girls immunity. NEVER in a million years would I have agreed to that especially if I knew I was the one getting voted off. They would have had to tie me up and dragged me screaming my head off to tribal. lol

_________________
"I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee"~Joe DiMaggio
"Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, when you get bitten, hate the bite"~Sly Stone
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 46
Location : Tennessee, by way of BROOKLYN, NY

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Lorraine, my point is we do this to most people so why should COLTON get a pass? You don't have to answer that. We've never said "I hope he/she learns from this" or any other nice things. We talk shit and keep it moving. We can agree to disagree on this subject. My life passion isn't to be on a reality tv show, but if I do go on one and make an ass out of myself, I would hope that no one here or anywhere else would give me a pass. What you put out there is what you get. And I'll be done with it.

Nikolas:
Thank goodness for those 3 and Colton as I said when I first seen him, he is a cutie because the rest of those old ass dudes look like pedophiles. Bill was nice looking too. Leif pissed me off because he punked out to "ACulton" & his followers. He should have just said he didn't say shit or defended himself even if he was to get voted off, just don't be a punk. That's why I couldn't go on these shows because I'll be letting everyone have it if they pushed my buttons. I think when the tribes mix together into 2 different tribes Leif may fly under the radar if he's not on Colton tribe.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 pm

SMOOCHES wrote:
Lorraine, my point is we do this to most people so why should COLTON get a pass? You don't have to answer that. We've never said "I hope he/she learns from this" or any other nice things. We talk shit and keep it moving. We can agree to disagree on this subject. My life passion isn't to be on a reality tv show, but if I do go on one and make an ass out of myself, I would hope that no one here or anywhere else would give me a pass. What you put out there is what you get. And I'll be done with it.

Nikolas:
Thank goodness for those 3 and Colton as I said when I first seen him, he is a cutie because the rest of those old ass dudes look like pedophiles. Bill was nice looking too. Leif pissed me off because he punked out to "ACulton" & his followers. He should have just said he didn't say shit or defended himself even if he was to get voted off, just don't be a punk. That's why I couldn't go on these shows because I'll be letting everyone have it if they pushed my buttons. I think when the tribes mix together into 2 different tribes Leif may fly under the radar if he's not on Colton tribe.


You pretty much gave Jeff a huge pass when most were disgusted by what he said about Dumbledore and talked about freedom of speech. I guess this is the same thing. Bottom line, both Jeff and Colton made some pretty uneducated and ignorant remarks. But I, like you, continued to be a Jeff "fan" and didn't think what he said was unforgivable either. If you disliked Jeff would you have been so willing to give him a pass? And, we most certainly did say that we hoped Jeff learned from his mistake.
Our gay posters handled it beautifully by the way!
We can move on Smooches, as always, we enjoy you on this forum and on the show!!!

OPENING DAY at Yankee stadium APRIL 13th!! Just had to throw that out there.

_________________
"I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee"~Joe DiMaggio
"Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, when you get bitten, hate the bite"~Sly Stone
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Smooches I don't know what the fuck you are talking about?
Nobody is giving Colton a pass!
I believe everybody here has said he fucked up, and he was wrong, I don't see anyone in his corner on that.
I believe he will learn from this. I wish for his sake that he does learn from this. As I would any of you if you were in his situation. Yes he brought it on himself. No denying that! It might seem like I am being more understanding because I do know him, which is true. But do not mistaken that for giving him a pass, that would be false.
Back to top Go down
http://bbad.forumotion.net
Erika
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Interesting!!

Quote :


Subject: Re: Jeff's Homophoic Rant on the Feeds Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:02 am


Quote :





SMOOCHES
BB Addict



Posts: 524
Join date: 2009-06-27
Age: 41
Location: Tennessee, by way of BROOKLYN, NY









Subject: Re: Jeff's Homophoic Rant on the Feeds Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:25 am




People need to get over this shit. Aren't we the land of FREE FUCKING SPEECH??? So
why is that when someone says a derogatory word everyone freaks the
fuck out? Kalia doesn't have a responsibility to no one and stand up for
no one just because her sister is gay. And Jeff and anyone else can say
what the hell they want to say. If Jeff was homophobic then he clearly
wouldn't want to be in the house with Lubitch! He wouldn't have
playfully humped him during the game. Stop with the bitchassness and
watch the fucking show for what it is!






SMOOCHES
BB Addict



Posts: 524
Join date: 2009-06-27
Age: 41
Location: Tennessee, by way of BROOKLYN, NY









Subject: Re: Jeff's Homophoic Rant on the Feeds Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:25 am




People need to get over this shit. Aren't we the land of FREE FUCKING SPEECH??? So
why is that when someone says a derogatory word everyone freaks the
fuck out? Kalia doesn't have a responsibility to no one and stand up for
no one just because her sister is gay. And Jeff and anyone else can say
what the hell they want to say. If Jeff was homophobic then he clearly
wouldn't want to be in the house with Lubitch! He wouldn't have
playfully humped him during the game. Stop with the bitchassness and
watch the fucking show for what it is!










Subject: Re: Jeff's Homophoic Rant on the Feeds Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:25 am




People need to get over this shit. Aren't we the land of FREE FUCKING SPEECH??? So why is that when someone says a derogatory word everyone freaks the fuck out? Kalia doesn't have a responsibility to no one and stand up for no one just because her sister is gay. And Jeff and anyone else can say what the hell they want to say. If Jeff was homophobic then he clearly wouldn't want to be in the house with Lubitch! He wouldn't have playfully humped him during the game. Stop with the bitchassness and watch the fucking show for what it is!


I watched the video that lasted all of 3 minutes. And I am still on Jeff side. So what he said what he said. And for the record I don't give a shit what people say about black people it doesn't portray the person that I am. I now live in one the most racist States in America and do you think I give a damn about what people has to say about me? NOPE! it also has nothing to do with me liking Jeff, I don't care who would have said it. Like my point earlier, which you obviously didn't get. FREE SPEECH!!! And yes you have it to, so preach on, but don't expect me to NOT put my views about it. It's amazing how when a black person speaks up against someone that's the first thing they do is use a civil-rights. Wow--how creative! Not everyone gets offended by people OPINIONS--Which we all have a right to have..Hell you see it everyday when I post! On a lighter note, I get your point 100%. But I still stand on how I feel! And I am done!





Where is this GIRL? Where did she go? !!!!


Last edited by Erika on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bbad.forumotion.net
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Lorraine wrote:

You said a mouthful Nik! Remember Eric the ice cream scooper in fans vs favs who gave away immunity? Sometimes I think casting just sits down and figures out who is the most dysfunctional and gets them a pen and a contract. Find more Dr. Wills, Ethans and dare I say it, Dans from BB10. Sometimes we have such high hopes when new casts are released only to be very disappointed by how they really are.

I'm not so sure about Leif. I would have loved to see him fight back but he pretty much accepted his fate and agreed to go along with giving the girls immunity. NEVER in a million years would I have agreed to that especially if I knew I was the one getting voted off. They would have had to tie me up and dragged me screaming my head off to tribal. lol

OMG how could I forget Eric on Micronesia? Thanks for the reminder! He fits the bill too of course. There will always be exceptions (Dan from BB10) but in general, super fans tend to be way too invested in past narratives of the show, and therefore wanting to be the next Janelle/Cirie what-have-you, that they end up being 1) annoying and 2) really bad players.

Re: Leif. I don't think he's a great player or anything but I think he has the potential to go unnoticed and make it to F5 or so at least. I really think the group decision to give up immunity had more nuances to it than editing led us to believe (like Bill revealing in an interview that he wanted to blindside Colton and thought he had the votes to do so). I suspect Leif was told by the other tribe members that BILL was the real target (which turned out to be true) and so he should go along with the decision. My guess was that the whole thing about telling Leif in public that they wanted to vote him out was for Bill's benefit, so he would acquiesce to giving up immunity since they needed everyone to agree on that and the only way to get the "target" to agree is to tell two people that they other guy is the real target. Know what I mean? That's just my hunch though.
Back to top Go down
SMOOCHES
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 46
Location : Tennessee, by way of BROOKLYN, NY

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Yea I did defend Jeff and preached freedom of speech, But I also didn't sit here and say Jeff needs to learn from his words and has remorse and all that other shit, when the show is over. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking someone, I was one of the first people here to support Colton when you Lorraine let me know he was going to be on the show. Just like Jeff, Colton has his rights to freedom of speech, but obviously you 2 donít get my point because itís not about that. His ass put out, just like Jeff and everyone else who did, or said something the world didnít like and they get the backlash. Colton is no different. Actually he should have known better being a super reality tv fan and knowing how we all talk and some idiots go over board.

I am going to say this for the last time and not responding on it anymore. If Colton WAS NOT affiliated with this site, you 2 would not be as supportive or if it was the other way around and Colton was the victim, you would be hating on the other person. It would be much more said than just "being disappointed". You 2 see it your way and I see it my way. And I am sure others feel the same way, but I am the only one to speak up about it. And Erika, you don't have to know what the fuck I am talking about because I know what I am saying and have expressed it from the first message I posted. If my ass went on a reality tv show and showed my ass in a way that would offend people, I would hope the people here would talk shit about me just like you do everyone else and don't sugar coat it because it's Smooches a regular here. And I am done!

Can't wait for next week!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:01 am

SMOOCHES wrote:
Yea I did defend Jeff and preached freedom of speech, But I also didn't sit here and say Jeff needs to learn from his words and has remorse and all that other shit, when the show is over. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking someone, I was one of the first people here to support Colton when you Lorraine let me know he was going to be on the show. Just like Jeff, Colton has his rights to freedom of speech, but obviously you 2 donít get my point because itís not about that. His ass put out, just like Jeff and everyone else who did, or said something the world didnít like and they get the backlash. Colton is no different. Actually he should have known better being a super reality tv fan and knowing how we all talk and some idiots go over board.

I am going to say this for the last time and not responding on it anymore. If Colton WAS NOT affiliated with this site, you 2 would not be as supportive or if it was the other way around and Colton was the victim, you would be hating on the other person. It would be much more said than just "being disappointed". You 2 see it your way and I see it my way. And I am sure others feel the same way, but I am the only one to speak up about it. And Erika, you don't have to know what the fuck I am talking about because I know what I am saying and have expressed it from the first message I posted. If my ass went on a reality tv show and showed my ass in a way that would offend people, I would hope the people here would talk shit about me just like you do everyone else and don't sugar coat it because it's Smooches a regular here. And I am done!

Can't wait for next week!


you're making me furious but I am going to stop. If you are only reading that we are "disappointed" then you are not reading the posts thoroughly. I am just not sure what you would like us to do? Call him names? Shun him? Thats as bad as those few out there who think we should get HGs on the show so that they can be abused. We have NEVER done that and NEVER will. After the season is over and if they do a segment on our show, they are treated with respect, regardless of how much we liked or disliked them during the season. Chima (for me), Natalie bb11, and Ronnie bb11 are just a few that come to mind. We got a lot of hate for not bashing Natalie or not letting others abuse her. So again, I am not sure what we are supposed to say or do about Colton. We both said he was wrong, we both said we were angry at him, we both said he was stupid and ignorant, uhhhh what else is there to say?...I guess nothing short of calling him some homophobic names and trashing him is going to appease you but thats not going to happen. But again, if thats what you want to do...go ahead. We said before we don't edit or remove posts. Do what your heart is telling you to do and take it to that level.
Lets let the other people on this forum speak for themselves, that is if the "people" you are talking about actually even post here. OH and make no mistake about it, if you were on a reality show or Lloyd, or Mark or Nik or Leah or anyone else and had a complete melt down moment, I guarantee, you would be getting called out but not trashed. Why would we?? Thats the baffling part of all of this. scratch We consider you all to be friends....who does that?

_________________
"I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee"~Joe DiMaggio
"Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, when you get bitten, hate the bite"~Sly Stone
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 pm

As Daniele Donato would say, "AWKWAAAAAAAARD."
Back to top Go down
Erika
HOH
HOH
avatar

Posts : 4252
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Nikolas wrote:
As Daniele Donato would say, "AWKWAAAAAAAARD."







Nik, you crack me up.



I agree with Lorraine. I think perhaps Smooches is getting confused with what Lorraine and I were trying to say. We have seen/heard others say vile things about Colton. I'm not saying here. Whether you Smooches as seen or read it doesn't negate the fact that it's been said. I don't think someone calling him homophobic names is any different than what he said and that is what I am referring to. AGAIN - Not that anyone did that here. If someone feels the need to go there by all means do so but I think its just as disgusting as what he said. Doesn't mean he's given a pass and I quite frankly don't appreciate you think we're sugar coating it at all. Just because you feel your way about it and I feel my way about it doesn't mean I don't like you. It means we obviously disagree.

Honestly Smooches it is confusing to me because you kept mentioning you are editing yourself, so what more is there to say about it that you aren't?

Lorraine and I have always said everyone is allowed to speak their minds here without fear of getting banned or having their posts removed unless of course you want to cuss me out then that is not acceptable! (LOL....JK! You can even cuss me out, I don't care)

Does anyone see where I am coming from?
Back to top Go down
http://bbad.forumotion.net
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2012-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:15 pm

I've been a BBAD listener for a few years, I enjoy E&L's show, and I don't think they've given Colton a free pass at all. But his atrocious performance on Survivor shouldn't surprise any of us. Even in his phone calls you could always tell he was slightly racist. I'm sorry but as a white gay man from the south I feel I can say this. It's ALWAYS a red flag when a gay man is a rabid Republican, since that party is all about denying rights to LGBT people. Not all Republicans are racist or homophobic but we all know the Tea Party type I'm talking about and there's no need to sugar coat it. It always amazes me how these people have such strong opinions about black people and poor people even though they haven't had a lot of experience with either. It's ignorance on full display.

Another poster mentioned Colton describing himself as "athletic" even though he's not (dude needs to keep his shirt ON). "The girls will love me and the guys won't know what to make of me." Um...no dude, the guys know you're a big flaming mo, and they're fine with it. He's one of those sad gay guys who thinks he's masculine or neutral when he's actually very effeminate. I think watching back these episodes will help him come to terms with that but the racist stuff will take a longer time to undo. His apology is a crock of shit. There's no way someone that racist did a complete turnaround in that short a time. He may be the most deluded person I've ever seen on television. Deluded about his masculinity, deluded about other races, deluded about class, and deluded about his gameplay (he's already one of the worst players ever on Survivor). He's exactly what other countries hate about America but thankfully he only represents a lunatic fringe minority.

I'll go even further and say what Smooches is holding back on. I want Colton to get booted off faster than Jeff can say "the tribe has spoken." And like most viewers, I will laugh my ass off and cheer when that happens. I don't want to see him on my screen anymore, don't want to deal with him on the jury, and I hope he disappears from the public eye quickly. I know he'll do an interview here and say something ignorant and disingenuous and I have no intention of listening to it. He doesn't need to be doing damage control right now because no one will buy it. For his own sake, he just needs to take some time, withdraw from the public eye, get out of his little community, educate himself about the world, and become a less obnoxious person.

Shout outs to Smooches, Mark, Lloyd and Keesha for being such entertaining callers over the years. Even before this season of Survivor, I never would've included Colton on that list.





Last edited by southernboy on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 705
Join date : 2010-07-15
Location : Atlanta

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:23 pm

At the end of the day, I think many, but NOT all of us are shocked with what we saw of Colton on the show and it just seems that there are members in here who choose to react to Colton as just another reality contestant/star and others who may be holding back their honest opinions on what they witnessed on the show and Colton's comments on twitter and other forums prior and after the show had aired because he is one of the first members of this forum and therefore many are reacting differently because of having a prior "relationship" with him quite a few years before he was on TV.
One of the things I appreciate about this forum is that all opinions are accepted and that its founders/admins (Erika and Lorraine) have never seemed to have held back when they did not care for someone and truly spoke their mind if someone displayed themselves in a rather unacceptable or negative way on a show. Bottomline, it is what many of us are thinking, but some of us are stronger to say it than keeping it to ourselves. (It is to be honest why callers such as Smooches and Keisha are so popular on the radio show, and someone like myself are not because of the lack of shock value and direct communication I provide).
This whole thing (for me anyway) is as Nikolas said it "awkward" because it is Colton, someone that has become a friend to quite a few people in the forum, and therefore it looks as though opinions that would otherwise be direct, blunt, etc., are more subdued. I'll admit that I am one of those people right now when it comes to Colton, however, I choose to be that way because that is who I am. I am not going to call Colton names or wish him any ill will because he is just a person on my TV screen that is not really doing anything personally to me in my life. Like I have said before, I would not be watching Survivor if Colton was not on the show. There seems to be members that have strong opinions that are not even responding to any of this for a very strong possibility that it is Colton that is in the center of this discussion, and therefore, it is better to not say anything at all (as the saying goes). Perhaps members are DM'ing each other or are using other forms of communication to spare Colton's feelings. I am just speculating. At the end of the day, Colton's behavior on the show was extremely shocking to me and disappointing because he never seemed to have come across that way as a caller on the radio show. I am not sure if he is proud of his actions nor sincere when it comes to apologizing for his behavior. He may be a member of this forum, but I don't really know him and thus I can't consider him a friend of mine.
I have one question, if some other castaway on Survivor (fill in the name of any other male tribe member besides Colton), behaved or have acted the way Colton did to Bill or Leif, would the consensus be to give them the benefit of the doubt? The people who casts these reality stars do look for strong personalities to be cast on the show. Most Type A personalities have strong beliefs and therefore would rarely back down from what they believe in and/or apologize for their words or actions whether they were popular or not. It would be nice if people do consider another person's feelings, but sadly many do not. It's called "Survivor" for a reason....
I am not sure what else to say?
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Thank God he's on Survivor, not BB. If an hour a week is causing this much chaos, imagine if we were listening to him 24/7 for a whole summer... shoot
Back to top Go down
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2012-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:42 pm

nicolefan75 wrote:
At the end of the day, Colton's behavior on the show was extremely shocking to me and disappointing because he never seemed to have come across that way as a caller on the radio show.

To each his own, but to me, it was ALWAYS obvious from his calls to BBAD that he was like this, and so I cringed when he was cast on the show. I could barely stand him on the radio show and I knew seeing him on a wider forum like Survivor would be even worse. At least I can say this much, he fulfilled all my expectations.

leahtahd wrote:
Thank God he's on Survivor, not BB. If an hour a week is causing this much chaos, imagine if we were listening to him 24/7 for a whole summer... shoot

I would cancel my fucking live feeds if Colton were on Big Brother. He's the worst person I've ever seen on television (Dick Donato and Russell Hantz are safe now) and I couldn't possibly watch that 24/7. Right now I'm only watching for the satisfaction of his torch being snuffed.

Nikolas wrote:
As Daniele Donato would say, "AWKWAAAAAAAARD."

This, and your jokes with Lorraine, made me pee myself with laughter! laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    

Back to top Go down
 
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Thoughts on Tai Chi
» dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts?
» Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail)
» Anyone tried Bowen Therapy?
» Preventing suicidal thoughts, any tips?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBAD :: REALITY TV :: Other Reality TV :: Survivor-
Jump to: