BBAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 16

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Bb12_l11To view the most recent topics & join in on discussions click on PORTALWhat Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Bb12_l13
Welcome to B.B.A.D! Please register to have full access to the forum.

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?

Go down 
+8
ChicagoMark
sammyf
Nikolas
SMOOCHES
leahtahd
nicolefan75
Lorraine
Erika
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Colton's Gameplay
Colton's awesome and I want him to win!
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_lcap210%What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Colton's playing a good game, Colton FTW!
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_lcap210%What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Colton's gameplay is shakey, but still Colton FTW
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_lcap230%What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Colton's gameplay is not as good as I thought it would be
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Colton's game is weak as hell, I could care less I'm rooting for someone else
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Colton's game sucks ass! He's going to over play it!
 0% [ 0 ]
Whether he sucks or not I want Colton to win simply because he's a caller and listener of BBAD Radio!
What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_lcap250%What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm totally with you Erika on the religious BS from people like Brandon (and that Redemption Island guy the previous season with the Jesus hair). I just think the Hantz Family Reunion theme might be too tempting for Probst and company to ignore. Either way, Colton is coming back for sure.

Lorraine wrote:

Yay Nik!!!!! What do you think about Andy returning to the Yanks?

I'm VERY ambivalent about it. And seeing how jazzed the Red Sox are about it doesn't abate that ambivalence.

Back to top Go down
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
southernboy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Nikolas, you crack me up every time I come on here.

Erika wrote:
Aren't we glad that this season hasn't brought religion into the mix at all, unlike last season?

AMEN! No pun intended.

Erika wrote:
I would rather they bring new interesting characters who are there to play and entertain. I don't need an in your face type character to wow me. You need people to carry the season though as we can't rely on these wallflowers types to want to tune in each week.

Well said Erika! I couldn't agree more! Survivor used to be a show that focused on dynamic characters. Remember how in the old days each week they would focus on one or two different characters so you got their back stories? In the first few seasons you really got to know multiple people and that made you care about what happened to them in the game. I loved that. Now they just cast one asshole each season and focus ONLY on that person.

I don't even know if some of these people are wallflowers because they just don't give them airtime. On Russell's first season for example we saw nothing of cute Brett until the end and we thought he was boring, but in interviews since then he's shown to be a really intelligent, interesting guy with some great life perspective. Yet none of that made it on the show because the producers wanted The Season of Russell.

Think about how much more interesting this season would be if they featured more character portraits. Sabrina totally seems funny and cool in the little time she's given, Leif probably has an interesting story about his experience as a little person, Jay could tell us what it was like to be a southern stud with a helium voice, Alicia could tell us what made her such a fucking disgusting trash-bag whose saggy boobs are always poking out of her clothes etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:19 am

southernboy wrote:

Jay could tell us what it was like to be a southern stud with a helium voice, Alicia could tell us what made her such a fucking disgusting trash-bag whose saggy boobs are always poking out of her clothes etc etc.

Please stop making fun of the voice of the man I'm currently cheating on my Warbler husband with! Besides, it doesn't sound anything like that when he's whispering sweet-nothings in your ear.

Can't defend Alicia though. That skank is on her own.

Back to top Go down
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
southernboy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:08 pm

I don't wish Colton ill-health or anything but I'm SO GLAD he's out of the game! clap Karma is a bitch baby!

Colton screaming at Christina during the challenge, being unnecessarily rude to her face, and "I hate her face, I hate her voice, she can just jump in the fire" is just...WHAT IS THERE TO LIKE ABOUT THIS GUY?? He's such a colossal asshole! I'm sorry Erika and Lorraine, but this isn't entertaining. It's cringe-worthy to watch, and I'm relieved I don't have to watch any more of it. It's also no coincidence that the two people Colton hates the most and has been openly rude to (Bill and Christina) are people of color. Don't let the door hit your racist ass on the way out, Colton!

And keeping the idol as a souvenir instead of giving it to one of his allies? A jerk to the bitter end. bitch bitch bitch

Last edited by southernboy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 pm

I would rather Colton had been voted off than removed for medical reasons. Not just for the satisfaction of seeing his torch snuffed, but also because I'd have loved to see him defend his horrible behavior toward Christina with "I'm not racist, my dry cleaner is Asian!"

Also Jay's arms during that challenge?

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Swoon10

Last edited by Nikolas on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
leahtahd
BB Addict
BB Addict
leahtahd

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:37 pm

What goes around comes around, buddy. bitch bitch bitch
Back to top Go down
ChicagoMark
BB Lover
BB Lover
ChicagoMark

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 pm

I watched this week's episode late last night just before bed and I actually had trouble sleeping. Yes, it is a reality show AND it is a reflection of many of the attitudes that are still prevalent in our disconnected society. Colton and Alicia's treatment of Christina was so foul, disgusting, abusive and unnecessary. When bullying is an issue of such concern for so many young people, we have to tune in to see two adults (one, a gay male--no, I will not use "man," he is not there yet; the other, a special education teacher) abusing someone of "lower ranking" for pure sport and folly. And the rest of them just sat there and watched, never daring to speak a word to suggest that they knock it off (why poke the bee hive? why put the focus on myself when I am on the clear? why risk it for a stranger? it isn't me they're abusing!). This IS a mirror of what a large part of our society has become.

Colton, if you ever read this thread, I want you to be sure of one thing: the appendicitis (which I would not wish on anyone) was not karma, but (I believe) a compassionate wake-up call to provide you with the opportunity to step back and reflect before you go too deep. It is an invitation to look at your actions. Rather than defending your behavior, consider WHY you feel so strongly about people that are not to your "liking." I promise you, Karma's hand is much stronger than a simple appendicitis. Take the opportunity and get the lesson before the invitation gets "louder." You could actually take this experience and your own darkness and turn it into something valuable (if you choose to do so). I believe that you have dodged a metaphysical bullet. Next time, you may not escape so easily. Learn the lesson. That ugly, "I am better than you, you're not a smart as I am" facade may have worked in small town Alabama, but the majority of the world is going to see right through it. You are no longer a child. It will not serve you as an adult (and it could get you hurt, physically and emotionally).

Did anyone else gasp at the thought that Alicia is a special education teacher? I had not really paid attention to her profession before, but can you imagine placing the safety of your special needs child under the supervision of someone who would engage in such vile behavior? This was not about game or strategy. This was a display of character (or lack thereof). When you kick someone when they're down for no reason, feeding on their insecurity and powerlessness to make you feel superior, you are exhibiting the ugliest, most underdeveloped part of our nature.

As you can tell, I was sickened. Perhaps I took it too seriously. I was a bullied child and even these many, many (many!) years later, I can still feel the pain of that kind of ugliness directed toward another human being. Most of you know, I am never on the "morality train" when it comes to playing Big Brother or Survivor. I think you play to win. Personal abuse, however, is not about the game. It is a reflection of the player and their "vampire nature" (need to feed on who they perceive to be weaker).

It is an incredibly boring cast, but I am so relieved that Colton is out of the picture. I fear that his abusive behavior would have only escalated. I don't think I could have watched any more.
Back to top Go down
http://NuDesign.com/
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:52 pm

PREACH! Take it to CHURCH Mark!

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Mariah10

No but seriously. I couldn't have said it any better or even nearly as beautifully Mark. Thanks for sharing your own personal experience with us. That is unequivocally the best thing I've read since I've been on this site.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoMark
BB Lover
BB Lover
ChicagoMark

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Nikolas wrote:
PREACH! Take it to CHURCH Mark!

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Mariah10

No but seriously. I couldn't have said it any better or even nearly as beautifully Mark. Thanks for sharing your own personal experience with us. That is unequivocally the best thing I've read since I've been on this site.

Thanks, Nik. I really appreciate that (truly).

You know, it's interesting. There are many that believe that your biography becomes your biology. This means that specific illnesses and diseases are the results of specific experiences/conflicts in our lives that are unresolved or unhealed. The experience/trauma creates an "energy leak" in the body that creates an imbalance that eventually manifests as a disease. In this belief system, the location of the dis-ease is related to the area of power that is affected by the experience (it is connected to the seven chakras, for those who are familiar with those). The appendix is connected to the second chakra which is affected by issues of stifled creative energy, money/sexual conflicts, and control tactics that do NOT follow the rule of honoring one another. This could certainly be applied to the tiny glimpse that we received of Colton's views. The disease (result) is very real. The origin of the disease (the cause) in this belief system is an indication of something very specific energetically. For those who believe this philosophy, it is an invitation to awaken to something that is need of healing in your life (beyond the physical manifestation). Naturally, it would be ridiculous to pretend to be able to make an assumption so grand about someone we don't really know, but there is certainly an interesting correlation between the theory, what we might ASSUME about Colton and the appendicitis that he suffered.

I cannot imagine the pain of an appendicitis (and on a remote island!). I have had kidney stones twice and thought I was going to die and I was in civilization (more than you wanted to know! LOL). At least he received the help that he needed before it burst and became toxic.
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 pm

The comparison I am about to make may not be very popular, but as someone who was honestly watching the game because a castaway was a member of this forum, this incident reminds me of a similar scenario with Big Brother from just last season, when Evel Dick left the game. For me this season will always be a "What if" this person did not have to leave the game because of an outside personal issue or a serious illness? Many were disappointed when ED left the game, and thus the excitement of the season got sucked out so early in the game that it became almost a chore to watch the show and that nobody was really into the season last year. To be honest, a very small part of me felt bad that Colton had to leave the game due to health issues because he is such a huge fan of the show, but I do agree with Mark that this was more than Karma. As much as I would have liked to have seen the season play out normally, perhaps this was an intervention for lack of a better word for Colton, before something worse happened to him on the show. Let's be honest, the show is going to be so boring without him. More than half of this cast might as well shape-shift into trees, rocks, sand, etc., because they add no life to the show. I was not happy with Colton's behavior as previously mentioned in earlier posts, but he was good TV. I am not a fan of bullying, but unfortunately, it is a big part of society and unless substantial measures are made to stop people from doing such acts, it will never stop... no2
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Below is a link to Colton's podcast interview with Survivor Amazon and All-Stars Rob Cesternino. I guess this will have to do before Erika and Lorraine can do a radio show with Colton!! don't know

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-one-world-colton-cumbie-interview.html
Back to top Go down
ChicagoMark
BB Lover
BB Lover
ChicagoMark

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:00 pm

nicolefan75 wrote:
More than half of this cast might as well shape-shift into trees, rocks, sand, etc., because they add no life to the show. I was not happy with Colton's behavior as previously mentioned in earlier posts, but he was good TV. no2

Ok, THAT was hilarious (and so on-point!).

Perhaps to make the show more interesting, they should inject a little Agatha Christie flava into it. They could kidnap a member of the tribe in the dark of night and that person, in-turn, becomes the hidden immunity idol. The person who finds them wins immunity. Or the next immunity competition is a singing competition. Jeff Probst is joined by Paula Abdul to determine who makes it to the finals of "Survivor Idol." Then, the public calls in to vote for their favorite performance. That person wins...oh wait, I have gone too far.

Back to top Go down
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
southernboy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Mark's post was DEAD ON. Thank you Mark for such an insightful perspective! So profound.

I have a very personal connection to Mark's story because I too was bullied in high school. I didn't get my growth spurt till I was much older, and I was skinny and gangly which just made me an easy target. And for some reason, other kids always seem to know you're gay before you know it about yourself. It got so bad my parents actually had to move me to another school. For lack of a better word, I was terrorized in high school and it certainly altered my approach to life in ways Mark mentioned in a previous post. I became snarky as a defense mechanism, I wasn't able to trust guys for a long time, and then after high school I started working out a lot and became something of an exercise junkie so that I could be stronger, so no one could ever do that to me again.

It's disappointing and disgusting that a gay man like Colton (at a time when gay kids are the targets of bullying) could turn around and be the bully himself. And his way to feel superior is to use class and race which just adds to the vileness.

nicolefan75 wrote:
I was not happy with Colton's behavior as previously mentioned in earlier posts, but he was good TV.

This is Lloyd right? If so, I love your comments on the radio show. I mentioned you among a group of people I've always enjoyed listening to before Colton's abhorrent behavior inspired me to start posting (you, Mark, Smooches and Keesha. And of course Erika and Lorraine). As I said before, I never enjoyed Colton on the radio show because I could always tell he was like this so his behavior didn't surprise me in the least. He's an asshole and I'm not sorry to see him removed from the show. To each his own, but I just didn't find him "good TV" at all. It was painful to watch and listen to him and I'm relieved he's gone.

Bring on Sabrina and Kim! And hell even Jonas is growing on me now.
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:20 pm

nicolefan75 wrote:
The comparison I am about to make may not be very popular, but as someone who was honestly watching the game because a castaway was a member of this forum, this incident reminds me of a similar scenario with Big Brother from just last season, when Evel Dick left the game. For me this season will always be a "What if" this person did not have to leave the game because of an outside personal issue or a serious illness? Many were disappointed when ED left the game, and thus the excitement of the season got sucked out so early in the game that it became almost a chore to watch the show and that nobody was really into the season last year. To be honest, a very small part of me felt bad that Colton had to leave the game due to health issues because he is such a huge fan of the show, but I do agree with Mark that this was more than Karma. As much as I would have liked to have seen the season play out normally, perhaps this was an intervention for lack of a better word for Colton, before something worse happened to him on the show. Let's be honest, the show is going to be so boring without him. More than half of this cast might as well shape-shift into trees, rocks, sand, etc., because they add no life to the show. I was not happy with Colton's behavior as previously mentioned in earlier posts, but he was good TV. I am not a fan of bullying, but unfortunately, it is a big part of society and unless substantial measures are made to stop people from doing such acts, it will never stop... no2

It may or may not be popular Lloyd but it IS the truth. Using Evel Dick leaving this past season of BB was a great analogy. I was completely deflated when I found out that I was not going to be able to enjoy the antics of ED last summer. Love him or hate him, he is FEEDS GOLD!!! The focal point of almost this entire season has been on Colton and now.....hmmmm...to quote you Lloyd "the show is going to be so boring without him". I saw a tweet last night, I don't remember who said it but it was how I felt too. It was something like this.."Hey Jeff, don't look now but your ratings are being medivacced off the island". True

Leif FTW!!!! How can you not love this guy? He sleeps in a box and plays harder and competes better than most of the rest of the cast with so much MORE to overcome! Love that guy and he still gets my vote for player of the season.

I also agree with Mark. I simply do not, will not and never will understand that "gang mentality". What did Christine do that was so bad to be treated that way? We mostly see this behavior on Big Brother and it just makes my blood boil!!!!! There is something so cowardly when a group or a pack picks one scape goat and then make it their mission to make that persons life miserable. Natalie from BB9 comes to mind. Team stink picked on her mercilessly and to me, they where some of the most vile contestants to EVER be on BB (josh, Crazy James and Smelsia). My heart goes out to anyone who was bullied at some point in their life. I never dished it out nor was I the recipient of bullying ( I would cut a bitch if they tried..lol) but sadly it exists.
Last year I was at a friends wedding and bumped into the younger sister of a girl I grew up with. We hugged and started talking about old times. She said," yeah, you and my sisters friends always used to pick on me". I looked at her and without thinking twice said to her," you are mistaken, I never picked on you" She looked at me for a second and smiled and said," you know what, you're right. You never did" big smile

Oh and for the record, I had my appendix out several years (yes it hurt like hell)... I am hoping its just because it became inflamed and infected and not because of "stifled creative energy, money/sexual conflicts, and control tactics that do NOT follow the rule of honoring one another." You are thorough Mark!! lol
Also, for the record, turns out Colton did not have appendicitis afterall.

Last edited by Lorraine on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
HOH
HOH
Lorraine

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Here is an interesting interview with Rob Cesternino...I really like Rob which is why he was the only EX Survivor ever asked on our show to discuss Big Brother...LOL!

'Survivor: One World' Super-Villain Has A Medical Emergency
Colton Cumbie leaves show due to appendicitis, marking the sixth exit this season.

By Josh Wigler

For "Survivor: One World" super-villain Colton Cumbie, karma is more than just a bitch — it's a game-ending infection.

After six straight weeks of schemes and slurs, the frequently vulgar and politically incorrect Colton finally met his "Survivor" end on Wednesday night. But rather than leaving via glorious blindside, Colton was medically evacuated over suspected appendicitis, marking the second emergency exit of the season. Before leaving, Colton was given the opportunity to surrender his hidden immunity idol to a fellow tribemate — but in classic Colton fashion, the 21-year-old Alabama native held on to the potentially game-saving artifact to bring it home as a personal souvenir, very likely screwing over disenfranchised ally Alicia in the process.

But just when all hope seemed lost for Colton's former partner in crime, Alicia found new life in the form of an early merge. Only one vote cycle and two evictees after the game's recent tribal shuffle, "Survivor" switched things up once again by combining the two tribes into one at an earlier date than expected. Now that the game has moved into the individual stage, what happens next is anybody's guess: Will the recently formed Salani alliance stay strong against the ex-Manono in the new merge, or will contestants revert back to their original men-versus-women allegiances?

Covering all this and more, MTV News is once again joined by two-time "Survivor" contestant and longtime commentator Rob Cesternino to talk about the ramifications of the early merge and Colton's untimely demise.

MTV: Two huge developments this week. One week after the tribes were shaken up, they've now unexpectedly merged into one tribe, back on one beach. What did you think of the game delivering its second twist in two weeks?

Rob Cesternino: For production's sake, this was probably what had to be done. The new Salani tribe had been so dominant. I think it would have been boring to see them pick off the Colton-less Manono tribe over the next few weeks. This should be much more interesting to see: Is it going to go back to men versus women? Were these new tribes together long enough that new loyalties are going to stick? It's going to be a very interesting couple of weeks for "Survivor" coming up.

MTV: We both agreed last week that Kim, Chelsea and their allies at Salani were looking best in this game. What does your gut tell you now: Are those people still in good shape after the early merge?

Cesternino: I can see there being one sort of super-alliance right now, where the group of Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina are at the head, with Kat along as well. They also sort of absorbed Troyzan and Jay, and to a lesser degree, Mike. They'll also probably reabsorb Alicia next week. They possibly go ahead and pick off some of the other guys on the outside: Tarzan, Leif, Christina are on the outs. Then they might wonder who are the biggest physical threats that aren't with them — Tarzan, Leif and Christina don't exactly fit that description. It should be interesting to see what happens next. Who holds all the cards? I think somebody like Jonas could be in trouble; people who have the power, like Chelsea and Kim, will probably want to target people they haven't played with, like the guys [who stayed at] Manono.

MTV: So, backing up for a second: You think Alicia's in better standing now in the merged tribe?

Cesternino: This is a great day for Alicia. She may have been voted out by Jonas, Leif and Christina [without the merge]. Now she gets to go and be back with her original alliance, the women, and she's almost no worse for wear. Maybe the women will be upset that she turned on Monica and Christina, but I see her totally getting back in their good graces. I can see her fighting with Troyzan and Jay to see who is the fifth wheel on this alliance.

MTV: I'm just hung up on how much of a piece of work Alicia was in this episode, her and Colton, ripping Christina to bits for pretty much no reason.

Cesternino: I don't know why Alicia and Colton felt the need. What is Christina even doing to anybody? How has she gotten this far under their skin? She doesn't seem annoying; she seems like a perfectly normal person! I can't put my finger on what she's doing to upset them so much. It was horrible. And then Alicia caught Christina trying to get Alicia voted out — and she says in her confessional, "Oh, Christina's just paranoid right now." Well, for good reason! You told her that the only way she was leaving that island was by getting voted out, quitting or falling into the fire! What do you want her to do?

MTV: We've spent a lot of our energy this season focusing on Colton. I guess now we know why — he left a whole lot earlier than we were expecting, certainly under unexpected circumstances at the very least. Pour one out for Colton, Rob. Did we love to hate him? Hate to hate him? What's your take?

Cesternino: I'm completely stunned right now. First the Jets' trade for Tim Tebow, and now this? [Laughs] I really can't believe that Colton's off the show, because 80 percent or 90 percent of this show was all Colton. It's almost going to be like a new season starting in the next episode, one where there's no Colton. This really has been "Survivor: Colton's World" through six episodes. Now I feel like I barely even know these other characters who are going to be dominating airtime. We're heading off into uncharted waters next week.

MTV: There will be plenty of people arguing that Colton suffered some karmic retribution. I don't know that anyone was wishing actual physical harm on the guy...

Cesternino: No, I think some people were.

MTV: OK, maybe a few people. [Laughs] He was definitely the villain of the season, and sometimes it does feel like there's karma on "Survivor." In a weird-twist-of-fate way, do you feel at all like Colton's behavior brought on an early exit?

Cesternino: No, I don't really buy into that. It makes for a good narrative watching the show, but there have been plenty of other people who were real a-holes to people and didn't get appendicitis. You know, I feel bad for Colton. Yes, he was definitely saying a bunch of things that had no business being in the game. But you really wanted to see it play out. Especially for us as viewers; we really got robbed here. Yeah, it probably wasn't going to end well, but there was a chance that he might have been able to play the best game ever played, make it to the end, and win. That wasn't impossible. We'll never find out. The big disappointment for us is that, win or lose, we didn't get to see Colton's game play out.

MTV: That all said, we know that "Survivor" likes their all-star seasons. Even with him leaving this early, do you think Colton's bought himself a ticket onto a future season of the show?

Cesternino: I might bet my appendix that we'll see Colton on "Survivor" again. [Laughs] I would bet that.

MTV: I know you're getting the chance to chat with Colton soon. What is the first question you're going to ask him?

Cesternino: Hmm. [Pauses] The first thing I would ask is, I have to know how much of what he said during the game he stands behind. How much would he take back? He played such an aggressive game, which is almost overshadowed by all of the garbage he spewed out about class and race. All the nasty things he said. I think that's a tragedy. He could have been a very good player in the game, and I wish we could have spent more time focused on that.

MTV: Wrapping up, instead of looking at any one player, let's look at the current "One World" landscape. We began with men versus women, all on one beach. Then the tribes got switched up. One week later, the tribes are now merged, and back on the same beach again. That's a lot of change in a short period of time. Do you think we've seen the last twist on this season of "Survivor," or do you smell something else coming down the line?

Cesternino: I've been thinking that they might re-divide the tribe again, but at some point, the viewers will start getting dizzy. Let's see how it plays out over the next couple of weeks. I would guess that no, we won't see another twist in that way, shape or form.
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:12 pm

southernboy wrote:
Mark's post was DEAD ON. Thank you Mark for such an insightful perspective! So profound.

I have a very personal connection to Mark's story because I too was bullied in high school. I didn't get my growth spurt till I was much older, and I was skinny and gangly which just made me an easy target. And for some reason, other kids always seem to know you're gay before you know it about yourself. It got so bad my parents actually had to move me to another school. For lack of a better word, I was terrorized in high school and it certainly altered my approach to life in ways Mark mentioned in a previous post. I became snarky as a defense mechanism, I wasn't able to trust guys for a long time, and then after high school I started working out a lot and became something of an exercise junkie so that I could be stronger, so no one could ever do that to me again.

It's disappointing and disgusting that a gay man like Colton (at a time when gay kids are the targets of bullying) could turn around and be the bully himself. And his way to feel superior is to use class and race which just adds to the vileness.

nicolefan75 wrote:
I was not happy with Colton's behavior as previously mentioned in earlier posts, but he was good TV.

This is Lloyd right? If so, I love your comments on the radio show. I mentioned you among a group of people I've always enjoyed listening to before Colton's abhorrent behavior inspired me to start posting (you, Mark, Smooches and Keesha. And of course Erika and Lorraine). As I said before, I never enjoyed Colton on the radio show because I could always tell he was like this so his behavior didn't surprise me in the least. He's an asshole and I'm not sorry to see him removed from the show. To each his own, but I just didn't find him "good TV" at all. It was painful to watch and listen to him and I'm relieved he's gone.

Bring on Sabrina and Kim! And hell even Jonas is growing on me now.

Thank you Southernboy. I do appreciate the shout out and sorry if I did not acknowledge it sooner. I am more vocal about BB than Survivor...I do agree that Kim or Sabrina would be good winners...not finding any of the guys that interesting...the producers have not seem to focus on them that much...does anyone know anything about Mike? Jay and Troyzan have been kind of sitting back too! With the merge hopefully this group will be more interesting since each are playing for themselves now. I hope you will call into the show this summer! smile
Back to top Go down
ChicagoMark
BB Lover
BB Lover
ChicagoMark

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Hey, did you hear? Lorraine got her appendix out, her freak on and moved beyond her stifled sexual conflicts. WOO HOO! LOL

Southern boy: thanks for sharing that. I feel your pain. I was made fun of relentlessly for my voice, etc to the point where I would do anything to refrain from speaking. I was a premature twin, so I was also much smaller than the other guys (very skinny). I remember getting physically ill before school and simply wishing I could disappear. I prayed that God would take me away so that I would not have to suffer another day. It wasn't until I was in college (I remember the day) when the day arrived when I was able to walk alone across the quad on the campus without feeling like people were staring at me and my "misfit nature." It was a pivotal moment in my life. I went through the largest part of my life believing that I was not worthy of being here or any of the benefits (love, etc) that go with it. The irony is that I became a professional actor and a public speaker, life strategist, etc...all things that required my voice. The thing that caused me the most pain was (and continues to be) the source of my power on the planet. The strange thing is that all of these memories and the pain that accompanied it were (apparently) locked away until the recent incidents of bullying. When I saw Jamey Rodermeyer's video, I saw myself as a child and became inconsolable and depressed for two weeks. All of the memories and the emotions that accompanied it came rushing to the surface (and I am not a young man!).

At the risk of making this thread a little too serious, I am simply explaining why (what to others may seem like) small acts of disregard and cruelty affected me so deeply. It is not because of Colton, but because his behavior is a reflection of our society and how far we have yet to travel. It is painful to me. I really want Colton to understand (but, that is something you cannot force another to truly comprehend). In his interview with Rob, he uses so many of the mechanisms that we use to avoid facing a deeper truth (trying to be funny, etc). An intellectual understanding of why one SHOULD not have said certain things and even the reality of an absence of malice does not alter the cause (the behavior is the symptom). He does not yet get it. Sometimes it is very difficult to look at the "ugly" in the face and ask "why?" (we all have that ugly and some never have the courage to look at it).

At least Colton emerged with his appendix (it wasn't an appendicitis after all, it seems, but a very serious bacterial infection).

The show will suffer without Colton's presence. I cannot pretend that I am above the fascination of the reality show villain. I loved watching Evel Dick on BB. Perhaps I held Colton to a different standard because of the connection here, because of speaking with him, because he was another gay guy on television, I don't know. Nothing would have changed my disdain for his words/behavior, but perhaps in another circumstance I would have been sorry to see him leave. In this case, I am not.

Again, I apologize if this thread has gotten too serious for some. This is what I appreciate about reality shows like Survivor, BB & Amazing Race, however. Despite the editing, formulas, characterizations, etc, they still offer glimpses of humanity. We can be inspired, disgusted and actually learn something from them (in addition to the pure sport and entertainment of it all). I am not suggesting it is the reason that we watch, but it is often an added benefit. For me, it brings me to the question that is on my business cards:

Who do you want to be?
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Mark and southernboy's stories are so interesting, and I'm grateful they had the courage to share them here. Not to get all Oprah on your asses, but who knows who might be reading this board in silence and loneliness, and recognizing yourself in other peoples' stories -- especially stories of survival and triumph -- can give someone hope at a hopeless time. That's what the It Gets Better campaign is all about.

Mark, I totally share your insecurity about my voice, primarily because my cadence has always been, shall we say, less than masculine (and I talk at the speed of a bullet-train). It's why I can't even listen to myself when I call in on the radio show haha. But that's more of a societal conditioning thing because my high school experience was very different from yours. I'm very fortunate in that I was NOT one of the bullied gay kids. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you guys. Did you go to public schools by any chance? I think my experience was different because 1) I attended a boarding school featuring a very liberal population and a zero-tolerance policy toward bullying and 2) I'm 6'3 and got my growth spurt earlier than all the other guys, so no one was messing with me.

For me, growing up in a half-white, half-South Asian household was the source of my anxiety regarding my sexuality. I was hesitant to come out to my dad's ethnically traditional side of the family. My friends in high school were the people I came out to first, boarding school became my world, and I pretty much told my parents dead last, freshman year in college. So I can't imagine what it must be like NOT to have that support system in school, but rather have the school be the source of your trauma.

My heart really goes out to Teen Mark, Teen southernboy and anyone else in that situation. I've done volunteer work with underprivileged and inner-city kids, and I've heard some horrific and heart-breaking stories similar to the ones you guys shared. So I feel very connected to those stories and personally invested in them.

But best of all? You both turned out to be fucking awesome despite those horrible experiences. smile

Last edited by Nikolas on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
nicolefan75
BB Addict
BB Addict
nicolefan75

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Chicago Mark and Southernboy:

Thank you for sharing such personal stories about yourselves. It takes a lot of courage to be so forthcoming with your past experiences and I truly appreciate it. I am sorry you had to experience such painful times, but you both are better people for it today, and are very strong individuals. I rather have people like you both spreading the word of the terrible effects of bullying, than some random celebrities merely reading cue cards, because it is coming from a place of truth!
Back to top Go down
ChicagoMark
BB Lover
BB Lover
ChicagoMark

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow! Thanks, Nik! Please know that I do not take those compliments lightly.

Yes, I must confess that I am white bread. I went to public schools for the most part (with the exception of 2 years private in high school). I was a military brat. I attended 5 elementary, 3 middle and 2 high schools. This made adjusting more challenging (but my ability to adapt to change is accelerated!). This is probably why I have excelled at helping organizations with change management issues (I have some personal experience). LOL

Like many, many others, I am the off-spring of parents with fundamentalist religious (Christian) values. Eventually, in some cases, you are forced to accept the fact that will never be fully accepted for all of who you are (despite their love for you).

If you manage to create a vision for your life and hold on (HOLD ON), it does get better. Just hold on!

(And, if you watch Big Brother or Survivor, connect with Lorraine and Erika who let us go on and on about almost anything without fear of retribution!).

Back to top Go down
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
southernboy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Poor Erika! We've completely hijacked her thread LOL.

@Lloyd, thank you. That means a lot to me.

@Mark, I'm also the product of public school and a Christian fundamentalist background. I identify so strongly with the details of your story.

@Nikolas, you're a sweetheart. Of course you went to boarding school. That...explains a lot LOL. Half Asian? Are you sure you're NOT Darren Criss?  wink

Back to top Go down
ChicagoMark
BB Lover
BB Lover
ChicagoMark

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 pm

What can Erika expect? She left us to our own devices. I don't know where she went. She's on Redemption Island or something.
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:18 pm

southernboy wrote:
Half Asian? Are you sure you're NOT Darren Criss?  wink

Ha! God I wish. He's pretty much perfect in my eyes but unfortunately, I look nothing like him. Darren Criss is half Filipino, I'm half SOUTH Asian...

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Nik10

Last edited by Nikolas on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nikolas
BB Lover
BB Lover
Nikolas

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:19 pm

ChicagoMark wrote:
What can Erika expect? She left us to our own devices. I don't know where she went. She's on Redemption Island or something.

Yeah Lorraine totally blindsided her! Jaw dropper

That Lorraine is an evil mastermind! And I think she's holding an immunity idol.

Last edited by Nikolas on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
southernboy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh and in case there was any doubt that Colton is a racist piece of shit where Christina is concerned too, there's a secret scene of him and Alicia making fun of Christina's "slant eyes." Wow. I knew Colton was from West Kabumfuck, Nowheresville USA but I didn't know he was from the 1950's!

You can read about it and watch the revolting scene here
http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-boston/colton-on-survivor-watch-colton-s-bigotry-survivor-secret-scene-video

And here's a screen cap of it

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Screen11
Back to top Go down
southernboy
BB Lover
BB Lover
southernboy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Nikolas wrote:

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Nik10

Is that you?? You're SO cute! What a great head of hair. Now I really feel old! LOL.

Between Mark and Nik, this is a very attractive board. But more importantly, there's a lot of inner beauty here too (something Colton lacks completely).

Last edited by southernboy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?    What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are Your Thoughts on Colton's Gameplay thus far?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBAD :: REALITY TV :: Other Reality TV :: Survivor-
Jump to: